Trevoh Chalobah

Captain Ahmed

3 hours ago, robsblubot said:

There is always toxicity inside the locker room. Out of 25 or so players, we've got more today, some play and some do not. The ones who don't play, who don't get minutes, are never really happy.

It's up to the the manager and coaches to keep everyone engaged and "wanting."  Player's agents? just ignore them.

A lot more than getting rid of a few unhappy players separate us from having a winning side.

It's not even about being happy, it's about the players accepting a bigger wage to train at Chelsea rather than leave and prove themselves elsewhere.   

Chalobah had a very good offer from Forest at the end of the transfer window and he declined it. 

Toxicity will always be there, I don't recall any of this toxicity coming through during pre-season, it only started after the poor start to the season with Nkunku, Reece being unavailable for a long period of time and the club thought it was a good idea to rush through Caicedo, Lavia, Palmer signings very late in the window. 

The other big factor in toxicity is the fact that we're stuck with players who know they are on the for sale list (Cucurella, Chalobah, Maatsen).

Chalobah’s trainer makes a comment. Big whoop. He pointed out what anybody with 2 eyes can see by looking at a injury list.

Chalobah was well within his right not to leave here for Forest too. Despite the small per saying he should of etc - a solid squad player to have. 

7 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

It's not even about being happy, it's about the players accepting a bigger wage to train at Chelsea rather than leave and prove themselves elsewhere.   

Chalobah had a very good offer from Forest at the end of the transfer window and he declined it. 

Toxicity will always be there, I don't recall any of this toxicity coming through during pre-season, it only started after the poor start to the season with Nkunku, Reece being unavailable for a long period of time and the club thought it was a good idea to rush through Caicedo, Lavia, Palmer signings very late in the window. 

The other big factor in toxicity is the fact that we're stuck with players who know they are on the for sale list (Cucurella, Chalobah, Maatsen).

heh good point.

If you consider the "expensive" bets we've been making, this will happen again as some of these players won't pan out, which means this contract is the best they will ever get. Long deals... high wages... big club... why would they leave?

1 hour ago, lucio said:

Is he any worse than disasi? 

IMHO neither are good enough and Fofana looks to be perma-wrecked

Right Footed CBs I rate and who are remotely available

António Silva (hard pull and expensive, he is very young but is likely a superstar CB down the road)
Bremer (if not Silva, then deffo he is top of the list)
Jean-Clair Todibo
Mohamed Simakan
Giorgio Scalvini 
Robin Le Normand    

wild card

Matthijs de Ligt    

Edited by Vesper

44 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

They both look pretty average to me, but Chalobah is much quicker.

that was my thinking , at least he's got some recovery pace unlike the flatfooted disasi who looks like hes towing a car

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

IMHO neither are good enough and Fofana looks to be perma-wrecked

Right Footed CBs I rate and who are remotely available

António Silva (hard pull and expensive, he is very young but is likely a superstar CB down the road)
Bremer (if not Silva, then deffo he is top of the list)
Jean-Clair Todibo
Mohamed Simakan
Giorgio Scalvini 
Robin Le Normand    

wild card

Matthijs de Ligt    

OT, but Heard good things about Olimpia's Mateo Gamarra (22). Paraguay has a history for producing excellent defenders.

He's short for CB at 5'11", so could imagine him moving to FB in a physical league like PL, but I've also seen some excellent short CBs in the past, like Paraguay's Carlos Gamarra who once stopped England in the World Cup.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, James said:

use the money in summer 2024 to help to buy a great right footed CB to replace Trevoh and (I assume) Thiago

Matthijs de Ligt   (if he actually is going to leave Tuchel and the Bavarian farmers, which I am doubtful of, but stranger things have happened)
António Silva
Bremer

Giorgio Scalvini
Robin Le Normand 
Jean-Clair Todibo  
Mohamed Simakan  

Nicolò Casale  
Malick Thiaw

15 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

And fofana

well, I think we are likely to give him all of 2024/25 to prove himself worthy of not selling (unless he comes back thsi season and re injures himself again)

I personally think he is 70% ir so likely to be permafucked

he was a disaster buy that I was so so against (like KK, albeit that was due to his age and price) and took him (Fofana) off my lists well before that, as soon as his leg was destroyed v Villarreal in August 2021, whilst he was at Leicester

BUT

we spent so much money on him that I wager the club will try and give him every benefit of the doubt

Wesley Fofana Confirms Broken Leg After He Was Rushed To Hospital Following Horror Tackle In Friendly

26 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

Vesper

I think I agree with you on all points.

Just to add I think he's perma fucked.

A fucking disaster buy, and for £80M

The saddest part is, in terms of raw talent I would say Fofana is the best of the 3 French CB's that we brought to the club.

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

use the money in summer 2024 to help to buy a great right footed CB to replace Trevoh and (I assume) Thiago

Matthijs de Ligt   (if he actually is going to leave Tuchel and the Bavarian farmers, which I am doubtful of, but stranger things have happened)
António Silva
Bremer

Giorgio Scalvini
Robin Le Normand 
Jean-Clair Todibo  
Mohamed Simakan  

Nicolò Casale  
Malick Thiaw

I might add another one if can be bought for cheap. Giving that we are going for South America and especially two from Ecuador, I remember we was interested in Hincapie. I watched the qualifier of Bolivia vs Ecuador and he was good....granted it's Bolivia, but he is young and worth a shot me thinkgs. 

14 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

The saddest part is, in terms of raw talent I would say Fofana is the best of the 3 French CB's that we brought to the club.

pre injury (the Villarreal crazy bad one) he was in my top 5 young CBs on the planet

France has 4 (and all are right footers, which is what we need/will need) CBs I would  love to have

3  Sr team, 1 youth

William Saliba (impossible)
Jean-Clair Todibo
Mohamed Simakan  

then a youth

Leny Yoro   (17yo, soon 18)

0a8c02622260ff1d962e1dea5f5859e2.png

Icon_FID_2307.jpg

25 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Hincapie

left footed CB

the last thing we need (literally, lol)

and he was indeed on my left footed CB lists until we sorted it

multiple ones have been snatched up (the striked-through ones)

Hincapié is now co-top by default

Josko Gvardiol
Alessandro Bastoni
Sven Botman'
Micky van de Ven  
Nico Schlotterbeck

Piero Hincapié
Gonçalo Inácio
Evan Ndicka 
Castello Lukeba
David Hancko 

youth