Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Mateo Kovacic

Unionjack
Followers 2

Even without an option to buy it gives Sarri that extra body in midfield this season and more funds to sort out our keeper situation.

If kovacic is holding out for a loan move now, comes here and loves it he'll no doubt try to force a move next summer to our benefit. About time madrid suffered like every other club does when they try unsettling players.

Anyway lets cross that bridge when it comes as we don't have time now to mess about. Just get him in.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If granny manages by some miracle to get this lad fekir and oblak then she's done one hell of a job

Jorgi, Kante Fab, Barkley, RLC, Danny D, Bakayoko

Central midfielders at the club rn. Should be selling at least two of them

The lack of an option to buy wouldn't be an issue, from my point of view. If Kovacic enjoys life here and he doesn't want to come back to Real, there will be a way to keep him. 

Regarding the overcrowded midfield, I think Bakayoko will be loaned out to Sevilla and Drinkwater will end up on the London Stadium. 

18 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Even without an option to buy it gives Sarri that extra body in midfield this season and more funds to sort out our keeper situation.

If kovacic is holding out for a loan move now, comes here and loves it he'll no doubt try to force a move next summer to our benefit. About time madrid suffered like every other club does when they try unsettling players.

Anyway lets cross that bridge when it comes as we don't have time now to mess about. Just get him in.

True enough but maybe more than just an extra body, an extra option with his ball carrying skills. Something we get from Willian when he's hot, but which we totally lack when he is not.

As for spending big on a keeper, I wouldn't do it. Spend nothing, back Bulka and use the budget where we need it most.

If this happens I hope it's similar to the Higuain to Milan deal. Small initial loan fee with a bigger obligation to buy fee next summer.

What a super midfield 3 we'd have. 

Its either he has a great season with us and then wants to break through at madrid on top of that, or he doesnt work and we dont want him to stay anyways. Dont really see a world in which he stays here longer than a year.

Assuming this does happen at all.

8 minutes ago, Ryan Fong said:

As far as my observation, this guy is nothing special. Really don’t get the excitements here, I would be much much more excited if it’s Fekir.

Fekir has dodgy knees though...

I was raging that we didn't get Golovin But signing kovacic would heal that pain after missing out on Golovin 

• Jase locked this topic
  • Jase unlocked this topic
  • Jase locked and locked this topic