Zola Wants Clarke as No 2

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be stating the obvious, but why would Steve want to leave being number 2 at Chelsea behind Scolari to being number 2 at West Ham under Zola. If Steve leaves it will be to be a number 1 somewhere surely?

For a new challenge? To work alongside someone he chooses to?

Clarke's already admitted he came close to leaving last season. He's become disillusioned with the way the club's being run over the last couple of years. He must be getting to the point where he can almost predict what'll happen with us over the course of a season now. It wouldnt surprise me if he fancied working alongside Zola.

For a new challenge? To work alongside someone he chooses to?

Clarke's already admitted he came close to leaving last season. He's become disillusioned with the way the club's being run over the last couple of years. He must be getting to the point where he can almost predict what'll happen with us over the course of a season now. It wouldnt surprise me if he fancied working alongside Zola.

Are you saying that Clarke has no choice but to work under Scolari? Clearly he wasn't happy working with Grant, and who can blame him, but he certainly seems happy enough working with Scolari and i think that came across very well when he was on Chelsea TV phone in a while ago.

Are you saying that Clarke has no choice but to work under Scolari? Clearly he wasn't happy working with Grant, and who can blame him, but he certainly seems happy enough working with Scolari and i think that came across very well when he was on Chelsea TV phone in a while ago.

Of course he has a choice, either he works under whoever is appointed as his latest boss or he takes whatever offers come along. Whether he's truly happy with Scolari or not, I guess we could be about to find out? If he stays, which I personally hope he does, then clearly he is happy with life at Chelsea under Scolari.

Guest Lampards Bitch

Its goin to be a tiny bit hard to hate Wet Spam now with Zola to be the new manager.

Wet Spam is one of the worst clubs to try and manage to make better, so why would Steve Clarke want to leave us and go to a club where you will probs get sacked in 18 months time.

I would of thought Zola would bring in Gigi Casaraghi(sp?) instead of Stevie?!

Casiraghi doesnt want to leave the Italian U21's.

Zola is obviously starting from scratch in terms of his backroom staff and I'm not surprised Clarke is mentioned. He knows the Premiership and has picked up plenty of experience under JM. So he'll be looking to get the best possible to join him and also people he knows and trusts.

It'll be wierd to see him at West Ham....but as Bluelion says.......a bit of experience before moving to Chelsea. Scolaris hardly known for sticking around for too long. It has been said we'll be lucky to get 3 years out of him.

I wish Zola well, and he's asked for the Chelsea fans to understand his decision.

I thought Wise at Leeds was poor, Poyet at Tottenham was very poor but Zola going to the Happy Hammers is fucking scandelous from a fans point of view.

What next?, Kerry Dixon at Millwall? :rolleyes:

My thoughts exactly. I know its an opportunity for him and more experience before Chelsea, blah, blah, but West Ham ffs?? I totally agree with Lebeouf on this one.

Zola needs some one with experience along side him, Steve Clarke is being mentioned. The only reason i can see him going to West Ham is because he may have more of an active role there and he might have more of an influence on decisions with Zola having limited coacing experience. The thing is i can see Steve Clarke being Chelsea manager soon along with all the other former Chelsea players managing clubs at the moment. He must of learnt loads under Jose, and now Scolari has came in....he will be learning even more.