Middle East lands

Fulham Broadway

So a Dubai consortium -possibly 100 times richer than Abramovich have bought Eastlands lock stock and barrel and want to turn Man City into the best club in England. The new kids on the block own so much -Chrysler building, hotels, part of Ferrari, property developments etc etc -and for once are not jewish but their sworn enemies -muslim arabs, hopefully the rivalry will only be financial and on the pitch.

Will this massive amount of money transform the game further ? Is money ruining the game ?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man City have one of the best youth academys in England, now these youngsters are going to stand no chance. Thats who i feel sorry for in all this, just another blow for the english national teams future.

Least with Man City now supposidly going to spend over 500million on players it will take the pressure of us.

Thats true -maybe Citeh will get all the ''You've ruined football, you cant buy success, what you going to do when the arabs get bored ?'' bollocks that Chelsea had.

Pleased for City fans, they must be over the (blue) moon -all their Christmases at once.

They must also have added smugness that they increased Manures debt by a few million by inflating the price of Berbatov...:)

There will be less pressure on us now, especially as we have spent far less the last few windows than Man you, Liverpool and quite a few other clubs.

The lack of CL football will be aproblem for them, even though they still managed to bag Robinho which is a massive move for them!!! They need top 4 this season to really have a crack at the top.

The ones who are really going to be rocked by this are Arsenal, who rely heavily on their CL revenue to finance their debts and also Liverpool who are still looking unlikely to challenge us and Man you.

Football is dying a slow painful death. I hate what football has become, its just a money thing now with no loyalties. 100 times richer than abramovich, well i doubt that because the richest man in the world has £62B and roman has about £15B but its crazy anyway. Will make the prem interesting tho, cant wait till QPR come up and compete. Everyone in the prem is getting bought now for shitloads and soon all the top players will be here. Complete farse.

We need Messi over Kaka. We might have a good chance at getting him too as barca are having a horrific time atm and theres plenty of unrest there. We have the money. I dont think we particularly need kaka. we need a proven winger.

So now we all moan about money when it's not us up the top.

We must look like fucking idiots.

We certainly shouldn't moan about another club having huge amounts of cash to spend. The Robinho deal certainly left a sour taste though, but like i said Madrid took advantage of the situation with City comming in with a load of cash. Robinho had no choice but to leave after what he did and said, and Madrid almost certainly gave him only one option - City - and he took it.

Berbatov could have gone to city - he didn't he chose to go to Man you because Spuds for whatever reason backed down with United and accepted what happened.

Even with all the money in the world City will find it hard to attract any mor big name players until they have CL footie, they took advantage of the Robinho situation and lucked out - fair play to them.

I am more than happy to have some more challenge for the premiership. Arsenal and Liverpool are the ones who should be worried by this not us.

down with United and accepted what happened.

Even with all the money in the world City will find it hard to attract any mor big name players until they have CL footie, they took advantage of the Robinho situation and lucked out - fair play to them.

I am more than happy to have some more challenge for the premiership. Arsenal and Liverpool are the ones who should be worried by this not us.

Spot ON. We attaracted Roman, and other star players by booking a Champion's lague place without ANyones mone. Citeh will surely not make it to top 5 this season. Which mean another 3 seasons before them make a UCL berth, before that Other teams will have strengthened their squads too.

And yes..THERE ONLY TOP 2. NOT TOP 4. B)

City are very capable of making the top 5. Top 4, no. Top 5, why not? Everton are weak this season, Spurs are Spurs, Portsmouth have stripped down their squad too in the summer. 5th place is there for the taking by City.

City are very capable of making the top 5. Top 4, no. Top 5, why not? Everton are weak this season, Spurs are Spurs, Portsmouth have stripped down their squad too in the summer. 5th place is there for the taking by City.

The thing is this season for them is, would we be saying that if they didn't sign Robinho? They have looked fragile and not quite right so far. Will just Robinho on his own make THAT big of a difference to them?

Honestly, tell me.

Did you seriously feel they would make top 5 before Robinho's signing? Last year everyone thought the same about them and they failed to even make the UEFA cup berth. Robinho signing alone wouldnt turn their fortune on its head. Spursare shit. I am counting on Pompey and Aston Villa to take the 5th Spot. but Manc City will make it to the UEFA cup next year.

I didn't say they would definitely make 5th spot, just that they have a very good chance as 5th place is very up in the air. Yes Robinho will make a difference, a league position or two. Villa will probably be favourites for 5th place... but then they did lose to Stoke! So it's not guaranteed for anyone.

They certainly won't make top 4.