We're Missing Drogba.

.Cee

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, we do miss Drogba against teams like Spurs who have tall, strong defenders. Anelka is a striker who normally plays off another forward, he doesn't like the role where he is the one who plays others players in on goal, it just doesn't suit him. Drogba's mere presence back in the starting eleven will give us a lot of confidence.

My point is, we arent missing him. We need players like Joe Cole, Lamps to step up. Essien although he was a defensive midfielders made few great runs ahead like a bull. And Kalou seriously needs to improve his finishing.

Oh Yes....and Malouda needs to FUCK OFF!!!..I'll sponsor his Ticket :readthemessage: ..if he wants.

My point is, we arent missing him. We need players like Joe Cole, Lamps to step up. Essien although he was a defensive midfielders made few great runs ahead like a bull. And Kalou seriously needs to improve his finishing.

Oh Yes....and Malouda needs to FUCK OFF!!!..I'll sponsor his Ticket :readthemessage: ..if he wants.

Sorry who is the best forward at the club ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

I don't miss Drogba, cant stand him personally but the fact is Chelsea are missing him. Despite his pre-season form, Anelka just doesnt seem to be good enough - I reckon I could tuck some of his chances away in my slippers to be perfectly honest.

Whether Drogba's the answer anymore, we wont know til he's back but the fact is, Chelsea need someone a lot more clinical than Anelka.

We defo miss him.But we need the I want to try Drogba not the this doesnt matter to me version

Totally agree with that. Last season, it almost seemed that when the ball got taken off of him, he sorta gave up and just stood there. We need him to keep caring and to keep trying.

LOL!!!!...All of a sudden everybody is missing Drogba. Few months back everyone was like "FUCK OFF DROGBA"( Including me..but I aint missing him).....now all of a sudden.....people are eager to see him run riot amongst the defenders. :whistling:

I have never done that. Those who did that and are now secretly wanting him back should be ashamed of themselves.

Yes, we are missing him, whether you want to admit it or not. And who to replace Malouda? Robinho isn't even here and SW-P is already gone! With Malouda gone, what? Only Kalou and Joey as wingers? Who'll back them up, Sinclair?

What if he turns out good this season after he has settled down? People did this to Drogba and Ballack and look at them now.

Yes, we are missing him, whether you want to admit it or not. And who to replace Malouda? Robinho isn't even here and SW-P is already gone! With Malouda gone, what? Only Kalou and Joey as wingers? Who'll back them up, Sinclair?

Even the linesmen were fast in running up and down the flanks.

I would anytime prefer Sinclair in Maloudas place. Give these youngsters a chance atleast. Look at Diarra in Portsmouth.

Even the linesmen were fast in running up and down the flanks.

I would anytime prefer Sinclair in Maloudas place. Give these youngsters a chance atleast. Look at Diarra in Portsmouth.

Knowing Chelsea fans, Sinclair would be slagged if he doesn't perform game after game regardless. Besides, that'll mean only 3 wingers and we'll be stretched thin at some points.

Didier Drogba will make his return to competitive football tonight (Monday) in a match that can be seen live on Chelsea TV.

Chelsea reserve matches against Arsenal traditionally provide some of the highest quality action at this level and the game has come at the right time for our star striker to set up his return from a knee problem.

Drogba has not played since the Champions League Final, missing both the pre-season tour and the start to the Barclays Premier League season, and will be raring to go at Barnet FC's Underhill ground having completed a week of full training with the first team squad.

The Ivorian will bring experience to a young Chelsea team, containing seven of the side that contested last season's FA Youth Cup Final.

An older head, hoping to supply and feed off Drogba, is England Under 19 international Scott Sinclair but in defence is Jeffrey Bruma, a 16-year-old in his first year as a full-time scholar and in midfield, Jacob Mellis, a 17-year-old second year scholar.

Between the posts tonight is Rhys Taylor, a recent call-up to the full Wales squad, and on the bench is recent loan signing from Sporting Lisbon, Fabio Paim.

The match represents the start of the Barclays Premier Reserve League South campaign for the side managed by Brendan Rodgers, although the team will feel well-prepared following two high quality friendlies against Man United earlier this month, Sinclair and Mellis scoring in a 2-2 draw in the home match.

Previously there were games against the first teams of Torquay United and Slovenian side Maribor.

Chelsea TV's coverage, which starts at 6.30pm, includes a preview interview with Brendan Rodgers. Jason Cundy will be providing expert analysis of the game and Clive Walker is co-commentator.

The Chelsea team tonight is:

Rhys Taylor, Nana Ofori-Twumasi, Jeffrey Bruma, Carl Magnay, Patrick van Aanholt, Liam Bridcutt, Scott Sinclair, Jacob Mellis, Didier Drogba, Sergio Tejera, Miroslav Stoch.

Sub: Niclas Heimann, Michael Woods, Ricardo Fernandes, Fabio Ferreira, Fabio Paim.

chelseafc.com