We're Missing Drogba.

.Cee

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't miss the man personally, I miss his goals and so does Chelsea atm.

Anelka had a good pre-season now he just seems to of gone back to the player he was last season.

Pre-season is maybe an indication but it means NOTHING ! See how Anelka played against Wigan and Tottenham : Horrible.

Jesus Christ mate, calm down. A couple of bad games, so I guess we should have him shot? :lol: Its too early in the season to judge anyone mate, the players need time to reach peak fitness and form, and that will take a while because of a new regime. However, I do think the system we play does Anelka an injustice, he operates behind a striker such as Drogba, would be interesting to see them together IMO.

am the same as kez! i miss drogba as in the goals i never liked drogba for reasons everyone knows, but if he can do what he does best and and.A does work hard and try which he hasnt done as of yet then i can see us doing alright

but i dont like how small our sqaud is!

Judging by the system that Scolari is playing we will see Drogba and Anelka together for a lot of the time, which will work very well i am sure! When games are tight like Wigan and Spurs it is hard for Anelka to get involved, but Drogba can be like a buldozer and Anelka can feed off him.

My main concern is our wingers, Kalou is a great player, as is Joe Cole but he has been short of form. Malouda still shows a complete lack of enthusiasm and if he stays that way Scolari will get shot come January as he likes his players to work for the team.

With a smaller squad it does mean that we really need to start including our young players especially Sinclair and Di Santo. Fabio Paim and Miroslav Stoch would also be worth a go on the wings when the chance comes along.

Judging by the system that Scolari is playing we will see Drogba and Anelka together for a lot of the time, which will work very well i am sure! When games are tight like Wigan and Spurs it is hard for Anelka to get involved, but Drogba can be like a buldozer and Anelka can feed off him.

My main concern is our wingers, Kalou is a great player, as is Joe Cole but he has been short of form. Malouda still shows a complete lack of enthusiasm and if he stays that way Scolari will get shot come January as he likes his players to work for the team.

With a smaller squad it does mean that we really need to start including our young players especially Sinclair and Di Santo. Fabio Paim and Miroslav Stoch would also be worth a go on the wings when the chance comes along.

How do you see Anelka and Drogba in the same 11? We are seeing that Scolari is employing only 1 striker and 2 playmakers behind him. Are you saying that Anelka would be put in place of Joe Cole there? I do not think so. We just have 3 strikers out of which Di Santo is very inexperienced. Hence I dont think he would play 2 genuine strikers in the same team. Had we had 4 strikers then probably yes. But its too risky to play you 2 best strikers without having any good back up.

Another thing that worries e is, Last year we were good thanks to Joe Cole. Malouda was shit and Kalou was OK. This year, malouda seems shit again kalou is OK and most importantly Joe cole isnt good. Tha is what worries me.

How do you see Anelka and Drogba in the same 11? We are seeing that Scolari is employing only 1 striker and 2 playmakers behind him. Are you saying that Anelka would be put in place of Joe Cole there? I do not think so. We just have 3 strikers out of which Di Santo is very inexperienced. Hence I dont think he would play 2 genuine strikers in the same team. Had we had 4 strikers then probably yes. But its too risky to play you 2 best strikers without having any good back up.

Another thing that worries e is, Last year we were good thanks to Joe Cole. Malouda was shit and Kalou was OK. This year, malouda seems shit again kalou is OK and most importantly Joe cole isnt good. Tha is what worries me.

Well as Joe isn't particulary suited to playing as virtually a second striker i would say that he is just waiting for Drogs to be back and play the 2 up front:

...........................Cech......................

Bosingwa...Carvalho.......Terry.......A.Cole

...........................Mikel.......................

..........Essien/Ballack.....Lampard............

...........................Deco.......................

.................Drogba........Anelka..............

Of course we have the option of playing either Kalou or Di Santo as strikers also and playing a 4-3-3 with proper wingers. But Scolari seems to like playing all the midfielders he possibly can, which is understandable considering the quality. Jose did the same thing.