Wigan Vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We got the 3 points at the end of the day.

Wasn't our best performance but teams like Wigan are gonna make it difficult for us.

Like Ashley Cole said whoever voted him for MOTM is crazy Cech was our best player by far

Followed the match on the radio before anyone asks.

From what I gather, Wigan played very well and we were a bit suspect at the back. But the most important thing is that we've won and kept a clean sheet away from home. IMO, this is arguably one of the toughest league fixtures, so I am glad that we've got it out of the way early on with a victory.

I've not read any comments on here yet, or too much analysis of the game through the media, but the point I would like to say is this:

Wigan are a tricky, gritty side on their turf, and so perhaps teams HAVE to play unattractive and messy football against them. I am sure that the media, and probably some pessimistic Chelsea fans, will say "same old Chelsea" with regards to our style of play, and make instant comparisons with our win over Pompey last week, but they should re-consider that most teams will play like we did when they get today's fixture :smiliecap1:

Think its fair to say we missed Mikel big time today.

Was brilliant last week vs Crouch. For me, he's got to play when fit.

The expectation on Chelsea is going to be very high now to play attractive every week. The BBC report starts with: A disappointing Chelsea....

Did they say the same about Liverpool yesterday? Did they f**k.

Think its fair to say we missed Mikel big time today.

Was brilliant last week vs Crouch. For me, he's got to play when fit.

The expectation on Chelsea is going to be very high now to play attractive every week. The BBC report starts with: A disappointing Chelsea....

Did they say the same about Liverpool yesterday? Did they f**k.

But Liverpool have the best England international of all time who scored the winner! so it was damn exciting :P;)

Followed the match on the radio before anyone asks.

From what I gather, Wigan played very well and we were a bit suspect at the back. But the most important thing is that we've won and kept a clean sheet away from home. IMO, this is arguably one of the toughest league fixtures, so I am glad that we've got it out of the way early on with a victory.

I've not read any comments on here yet, or too much analysis of the game through the media, but the point I would like to say is this:

Wigan are a tricky, gritty side on their turf, and so perhaps teams HAVE to play unattractive and messy football against them. I am sure that the media, and probably some pessimistic Chelsea fans, will say "same old Chelsea" with regards to our style of play, and make instant comparisons with our win over Pompey last week, but they should re-consider that most teams will play like we did when they get today's fixture :smiliecap1:

I agree with the last bit. We weren't that bad, but we were frustrating in the final third. We've played two games, scored five, conceded nought and are top of the league. In fairness, we couldn't ask for a better platform to go on and take an early lead in the title race.

I think too many people let themselves get too carried away on the strength of last week's game, thats why there's so much disappointment this week.

Personally, I didnt think it was the best Ive seen but it wasnt the worst either. Quite a few poor performances in the Chelsea side but credit to Wigan for a really spirited fight.

It could've been worse, we got 3 points and despite what some people might have started believing last weekend - we aint no Brazil. :P

Wanting another goal, but a win is a win. The games need to get moved to Sat. afternoon soon. Getting up at 8am to watch the game after a night of drinkin is a lil rough. Thank god for DVR, but I like watching live way better.

I think too many people let themselves get too carried away on the strength of last week's game, thats why there's so much disappointment this week.

Personally, I didnt think it was the best Ive seen but it wasnt the worst either. Quite a few poor performances in the Chelsea side but credit to Wigan for a really spirited fight.

It could've been worse, we got 3 points and despite what some people might have started believing last weekend - we aint no Brazil. :P

Aye, I think most people - me included - were so frustrated is because we were expecting more samba football.

I had 4 hours of sleep just so I could watch this match and it so wasn't worth it, what a boring game. We didn't play very well, thank goodness for Cech though! I'm kinda disappointed, but Wigan is a tough place to go and all that matters is that we got the three points.