Frank Lampard Signs New Five Year Deal

LAMPARD - DEVOTED TO BLUES

Frank Lampard's future will see the midfielder become an even greater Chelsea legend and a trend setter in modern football.

By the time the new contract is up, Lampard will have spent 12 years with the club, an immense achievement for any player, let alone one who didn't join Chelsea until 2001.

This is a feat only succumbed in the modern game by the likes of Ryan Giggs, who has been with Manchester United since the beginning of his career and will soon start his 19th season with the club.

But Lampard's dedication to Chelsea, our fans and football in general is unquestionable, and the midfielder now sees his role at the club, regardless of his consistent improvements in the game, as off the field as much as on.

'I go into every year to improve as a player and I feel as fit as I have ever felt, I train as hard as I have ever trained and that is one of the things I pride myself on,' said Lampard.

'I have just turned 30 and the last year of this contract takes me to 34, and if you look around and see the professionals playing like Ryan Giggs, they are offering a lot to their clubs, on and off the pitch, and their personalities help with the players around them.

'I certainly feel I can do that in the same way.'

As the number 8 mentions his teammates and the role he can provide to the youngsters moving up, he talks about how his fellow Blues were one of the reasons why he decided to stay at Chelsea.

After his mother died unexpectedly last April, the Chelsea squad's support for their vice-captain shone through on several occassions, and this is something the midfielder will never forget.

One moment that stands in particular was during the game against Manchester United at Stamford Bridge, when, after Michael Ballack's goal, the team held up a Chelsea shirt in memory of Pat Lampard.

0,,10268~3751540,00.jpg

'The Manchester United game and what they did there was a very emotional moment,' explained Lampard.

'John [Terry] as a captain creates such a spirit and the other lads follow because they are such great lads.

'And when you go to your mum's funeral, you don't expect every single player to go there; you may expect a representative from the club.

'I had every single player there and that's something that goes beyond football and shows you what real men are and what real friendships are.'

With his loyalty to the club now cemented in history, Lampard was sure to let the fans know that regardless of this summer's decision, Chelsea would always be a massive part of his life.

'I have had seven years here and the club will always be very close to my heart, and regardless of what would have happened with me this summer, the club would have been the biggest thing in my football history.

'As an old man I would be back here, sitting and watching the football, and at the end of this contract I just want to have the great memories of a club that has treated me very well.

'And that has grown and grown with the recent stuff that has happened, the letters of support from Chelsea fans have been overwhelming, and to be honest from football fans in general.

'You realise when people feel so much for you, and when they support you through such a difficult time in your life you do feel like you should repay them, and I will try to do that every time I come out on the pitch.'

With the reasons for staying out of the way, it was time for Lampard to look ahead to next season, and the vice-captain feels this year's Chelsea squad is the strongest it has ever been.

'I want to be winning things. I have always been lucky in the last five years because I have been with very good players and a great squad, and I think we are as strong as we have ever been and morale is as high as it has ever been.

'There is a real strong mentality in the lads this year, we are at a strong age and everyone is still hungry in the game.

'Last year we nearly won three titles, so this year I think we can win and continue to win in the coming years.'

i am happy with this but it was far too over the top

no offence to lamps but none of the other players got a coverred up "WORLD EXCLUSIVE" story when they signed their contract extensions

and FB that's just criminal if you ask me

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of all the summer signings throughout the Prem, this one is by far the best. Utd can sign stroppy Berbatoss and Liverfool can have thier yiddo reject. But I am so glad to see classy, reliable and consumate professional Frank sign this deal.

In reflection, I am very happy he's staying. Last season we saw how much the squad loves Frank - everyone went to pay their respects to his mother and he appreciated that very much. If he had left, we'd have found finding his goals and influence on the pitch hard to replace, but finding a man with more courage and character would be an impossible task. Chelsea legend.

Guest Lampards Bitch
Everyone calls him Fat Frank not just Scousers.

And who told you about 125K? Gaurdian reports that he is on 140000 per week and in 5th year will have a slight paycut on his pay stub.

Idiotic twats call him Fat Frank.

And so what about his pay? The Sun reports 151k w/p. I couldnt care less how much he gets paid.

I think its an obscene amount of money and I really can't see how its good business sense to give 30 year olds five-year deals, for me, its just another example of how Chelsea waste money just because Roman's there to bail them out.

Self-sufficient? Not like this we won't be.

Away fans used to joke about Fat Frank, Lump-o lard, Fat West ham Bastard etc.

He runs an average 16 miles a match and has incredible fitness. Thats why I call him Fat Frank.

I thought it was just Yanks that didnt get irony ?

Good that hes signed - most people think PL players are overpaid, but the clubs showing a bit of generosity to other staff would go some way for public relations. A mates niece in the megastore -selling Lampard shirts amongst other stuff -£3.80 an hour.

how old is she mate.co`s thats below theminimum wage

how old is she mate.co`s thats below theminimum wage

Shes 16 maybe 17 now -minimum wage for 16 year olds is £3.40 I think. You could understand a sweat shop owner paying someone that, or someone a paper round or something -but a club that is fucking minted ?? Joke.

People dont get the sarcasm here.

Chelsea fan wouldnt ever call Frank Fat to humiliate him.

And its not just the scousers who call him fat. Mancs, Hammers, Almost all opposition fans mock him.

You are absolutely right mate they do, but show me one of those fans that wouldn't have him in their side in a heartbeat, and I'll show you a fucking liar.