Frank Lampard Signs New Five Year Deal

Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce today (Wednesday, August 13) that Frank Lampard has signed a new five year contract. The new deal will keep Lampard at the club until the end of the 2013-14 season.

Lampard said: 'I want to finish my career at Chelsea. It is something I've said many times and after signing this contract I am very happy and positive I will finish as a player here. I want to be a big part of the next five years and hopefully more for Chelsea.

'It has taken a while to get the deal done and there has been a bit of compromise on both sides but I am delighted we have managed to get there.

'The Chelsea fans have been great to me and I want to repay them for their support. I am very confident that I can maintain a very high level of performance for the next five years. I am really looking forward to the new season under the new manager and with our new players and the current squad there is a great feeling we can build on the successes of the last few years.'

Luiz Felipe Scolari said: 'I am delighted that Frank has committed his future to the club. He is a key player for me and vital to Chelsea's future successes. Frank is one of the best professionals I have worked with. Every day he tries to learn something and bring new elements to his game.'

Lampard signed for Chelsea in the summer of 2001, and is the latest player to commit his long term future to Chelsea this summer after Petr Cech, Michael Essien and Wayne Bridge all put pen to paper on new contracts.

Chelsea Chief Executive Peter Kenyon said: 'It is great news for Chelsea that Frank has signed for the next five years. He is a key member of our team and has been instrumental along with others in our success in the last five years.

'His record of appearances and goals is unparalleled for a midfielder. Being a top English player as well is important to us. We have a significant English element to our squad and that is a central part of our philosophy for the club.

'We are very confident Frank can stay at the top level for the next 5 years. It's taken us a bit of time to get an agreement so this is a real boost going into the new season and with Felipe coming in there is a really positive atmosphere surrounding the club.'

The midfielder has scored 110 goals in 369 appearances at the club, including 71 in 247 league games.

At present, Lampard is Chelsea's seventh top scorer of all time, the only midfielder in the top ten, and also the only player in his position to have scored four goals in a match for the Blues, a feat he achieved in March at home to Derby County.

Source: Chelsea FC

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Frank is without doubt one of our key players so to know that he will be here beyond next season is excellant news indeed. It took a VERY long time to get sorted out but it finally has been and this can be put to bed now.

The club have done very well indeed to get our key players on new contracts in a summer where there was a prediction of a mass exodus.

FAT FRANK said that there was a compromise from both sides. SO I am assuming that he is getting paid 130000 ounds per week for 5 years.

That seems quite likely - I imagine the board offered him a 4 year deal with better wages than he wanted, but I think the fact he wanted a five year deal means he is happy to play out his contract with us, which is really good news.

Guest Lampards Bitch

Excellante!!! Got a phone call from one of the other managers today at 5pm to say turn over one of the TVs to Sky Sports News................well i think i scared a few customers because I was shouting with joy lol

Watched the interview with Frank and Peter Kenyon on Chelsea TV and Frank looked genuinly happy.

Only Scousers call Lampard FAT FRANK :thumbsdown:

And he is on a 125k a week contract

Everyone calls him Fat Frank not just Scousers.

And who told you about 125K? Gaurdian reports that he is on 140000 per week and in 5th year will have a slight paycut on his pay stub.

Different wages touted on different papers. If Frank is being honest when he says there was give and take on both sides then we have to assume that he took 5 years on a lower wage than he was initially being offered! The Sun have gone the most overboard it seems (no suprise there) claiming 5 years at £151k per week.

It was a good interview in the end, we won't ever know what really happened, Frank admitted he toyed with the idea of going to Inter which i don't think anyone is suprised about. But we can be happy he has stayed with us thats for sure.

Good that hes signed - most people think PL players are overpaid, but the clubs showing a bit of generosity to other staff would go some way for public relations. A mates niece in the megastore -selling Lampard shirts amongst other stuff -£3.80 an hour.