• Bakayoko
    • Fabregas
    • Pedro
    • Hazard
    • Morata
    • Willian (sub)
    • Drinkwater (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

If we finish second in the group, we'll most likely face one of PSG, Barcelona or Besiktas in the last 16.

Finish top and it's likely one from these lots - Basel, Bayern Munich, Juventus, Spartak Moscow/Sevilla, Porto/RB Leipzig or Real Madrid.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

If we finish second in the group, we'll most likely face one of PSG, Barcelona or Besiktas in the last 16.

Finish top and it's likely one from these lots - Basel, Bayern Munich, Juventus, Spartak Moscow/Sevilla, Porto/RB Leipzig or Real Madrid.

Fixed it for you.

22 hours ago, communicate said:

Did you watch our home game when we played luiz in midfield ? we struggled with luiz in midfield. We also struggled playing back 3 last season with kante in midfield as long as fab is starting.I don't get how switching to back 4 will help

Drinkwater wasn't playing then. He may not be a world-class player, but he's quite balanced in his attributes; I feel that he would work in a midfield three very nicely, as he's already displayed the ability to function in a midfield two (granted, alongside Kante).

The imperative last night should have been to play it tight and hit Roma on the break: I believe that a midfield of Luiz-Bakayoko-Drinkwater would have allowed us to do this, with Luiz supplying the energy needed to cover space, Bakayoko driving forwards, and Drinkwater handling the link-up play whilst also making useful defensive contributions of his own. Yeah, it might not have worked-out quite like I've just described, but I'm confident that it would have been a least somewhat more successful than the awful Bakayoko-Fabregas pairing that Conte has kept deploying.

3 minutes ago, WNDS said:

Drinkwater wasn't playing then. He may not be a world-class player, but he's quite balanced in his attributes; I feel that he would work in a midfield three very nicely, as he's already displayed the ability to function in a midfield two (granted, alongside Kante).

The imperative last night should have been to play it tight and hit Roma on the break: I believe that a midfield of Luiz-Bakayoko-Drinkwater would have allowed us to do this, with Luiz supplying the energy needed to cover space, Bakayoko driving forwards, and Drinkwater handling the link-up play whilst also making useful defensive contributions of his own. Yeah, it might not have worked-out quite like I've just described, but I'm confident that it would have been a least somewhat more successful than the awful Bakayoko-Fabregas pairing that Conte has kept deploying.

Drinkwater is not fit. There is no way Conte will risk playing drinkwater from 1st minute and then risk another long injury layoff.

12 hours ago, communicate said:

Drinkwater is not fit. There is no way Conte will risk playing drinkwater from 1st minute and then risk another long injury layoff.

He started agaist Everton, didn't he? He played 60 minutes or so. He played for around 20 minutes against Roma anyway! If he wasn't fit he wouldn't have featured at all.

And besides, Conte already risked Bakayoko agaist Tottenham when he was in the same situation as Drinkwater is now. It worked out.