Chelsea Vs Portsmouth

DavidEU

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woooo and we're back in bussiness.Gana be slightly more ahh playing on the Sunday but meh.

I think hmmm 1-0 win.Pompy are no push over but hopfully am wrong and more goals but duno..

Hopfully we play more like we did against Milian and the others then how we did Friday.And Analka to score

Still a lot of training between now and this game, and i am not sure still what side Scolari will consider his best 11? Drogba and Kalou will definately be unavailable for this game so i would assume that Anelka will start with Joe Cole and Malouda. And then pick 3 out of the 5 world class midfielders we have :)

Still a lot of training between now and this game, and i am not sure still what side Scolari will consider his best 11? Drogba and Kalou will definately be unavailable for this game so i would assume that Anelka will start with Joe Cole and Malouda. And then pick 3 out of the 5 world class midfielders we have :)

I would say Deco, Lampard and Essien.

Ballacks still a bit to go before he gets to full match fitness and Mikel will have to sit this one out if we go 4-3-3 imo.

What about the RB slot?. Ivanovic or Ferreira ?

I would say Deco, Lampard and Essien.

Ballacks still a bit to go before he gets to full match fitness and Mikel will have to sit this one out if we go 4-3-3 imo.

What about the RB slot?. Ivanovic or Ferreira ?

Well Bosingwa could well be fit. But if he isn't i would go with Ivanovic for now.

Ivanovic has impressed me a lot since he came to Chelsea, his attitude has been excellent. As a full-back, he reminds me very much of a traditional defender; tall and imposing, who takes no nonsense. That's what I like about him, and I'm sure he will more than challenge for the RB spot this season.

I think Paulo should start,dont think Ivanovic has got to know the team well enough to adapt this fast.But he had a good game vs Milan so even if he starts we shouldn't have much problems.

I predict a 3-0 win for the Blues

I'd start with Ferreira at RB, maybe give Ivanovic a run out when the game is done and dusted.

Pompey will, without a doubt, be a lot tougher than any of our pre-season matches, but I fully expect to come away with 3 points.

Deco, Lampard and Essien would be my choice for a 3 man midfield, plus J. Cole Malouda/SWP & Anelka up front.

Really cant wait for the season to start, got a really good feeling about this year.

i cant wait for this season to get started, looking forward to it so much..

i think a win is a must in our first game of the season we really need to have a good start unlike last season, and with a couple of new players that have came along i think we can do it.

mostly deco, i think he has brought something that we have been missing for a long time, if him and lampard are on the same wave i think we can give pompy a belting.

Won't be easy, can see us winning by the odd goal or two.

Think we will line up somewhere along these lines: Cech, Ferreira, JT, Riccy C, Cole, Deco, Essien, Lamps, Joey Cole, Malouda, with Anelka up top!

Only position i'd say is still debatable at the mo, is RB Ivanovic or Ferreira?

A bit early to make up the line-up, but anyways if nobody will get injured and nothing will happen, I wanna see 4-3-3.

Cech

Ivanovic - Carvalho - Terry - A.Cole

Essien

Lampard - - - Deco

J.Cole - - - - - - - - - - - - - Malouda

Anelka

Edited by riks12