A new Winston Bogarde?

James

From Vital Football

I am getting a feeling that we have gotten ourself another Winston Bogarde in our squad.

I do I hope I am wrong, but recent statements and actions make me wonder. If the news rumours are true, which they so rarely are at this time of the year.

With another Winston Bogarde I am talking about a player we have brought in that simply could not do the job, and finally was not interested in doing any job but picking up his pay check. Personally Bogarde is the player ever to almost wear the blue I detest the most because of this. He was totally happy with showing up at the training ground, go through the motions and never make the effort. He stopped all efforts of loaning him out as the clubs could not meet his wage demands.

Now I am getting the feeling that Claudio Pizarro might emerge as another Bogarde.

He seems perfectly happy to devote his time to his beloved race horses. He has in a matter of way performed when asked to, just not with any of the quality we hoped for.

We all have him picked as surplus and he is the one that there has been the least talk about another club. Sure there has been rumours. When are there not rumours this time of the year? Benfica seemed like a good one, especially when they loaned Freddy Adu to Monaco.

The latest rumour was River Plate in Argentina. A rumour that has been rubbished by Pizarro`s agent. On the reason that they can not meet Pizarro`s wage demands.

When we could not get rid of Veron we loaned him out and paid his wages. So stupid that it is incredible, but maybe the cost of having a good squad without malcontents?

To me it starts looking like the solution to Claudio Pizarro, a healthy player and still not on the Asian-Russian tour. Or is he injured, both rumours have circulated.

With Drogba I am confident that he really is injured. Otherwise he would be very interested in playing pre-season and especially being part of the Ivorian Olympic team.

Tal Ben Haim is courted by Mark Hughes, the same manager so many wanted to Chelsea. A pity for Ben Haim that Hughes did not arrive as he seems to be a Ben Haim-admirerer, a rare breed among blues. I venture to guess that this is a question of the asking price, the mentioned £5 million sounds high and Manchester City are probably dragging their feet because of that. Also probably as the wage structure of Chelsea has spoilt surplus players and to pay the wages asked, the clubs want to get the transfer cost down.

What do you believe, is Claudio Pizarro a new Bogarde? Surplus we can not get rid of unless we pay another club to take him off us for the other two years of his contract (if I remember correctly he got a 3-year contract).

Pizarro has to go, he isnt good enough and is just here for the money now. We signed the wrong forward from Bayern Munich last summer, should of been Santa Cruz. :rolleyes:

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

agreed -_-

he should really go...in fact, we shouldn't have signed him in the first place :P

he is just not up to the task here at Chelsea...so why waste his time & career here and why waste the money?(not that Mr. Roman cares :whistling::lol: )

The difference is is that Carlo Cudicini is a loyal servant to the club, who has played so many times and not moaned once about lack of match time. He could have left and gone to almost any other club and walked straight into the number one jersey, but because he loves the club he stays. And I am glad he does, because Petr Cech must have been Hitler in a previous life, the amount of injuries he sustains.

But Pizarro has to go. Yes, he admitted he was only going to score a few goals, but he looks like a lost sheep. As much as he may try, he doesn't have the quality needed to pip Drogba, Sheva and Anelka to the forward positions.

Agree about Pizarro - but there will never be another Bogarde, so there is no comparison. Bogarde was on full pay for 2 years or something with no games. Not that it was his fault.

Pizarro was up front when he arrived about 'dont expect many goals' and I think the trio of freebies were Mourinhos names picked out of a hat because of cash restraints from upstairs.

SWP is another that comes to my mind. Pisses me off to see such freeloaders in our team. Cudicini you can say would come in that bracket, but We all love him for loving Chelsea.

What are you on warnie and can you send me some?

Shauny is not a fucking freeloader, the lad puts effort in and you can tell he wants to play. Cudicini is a back-up goalie, he knows he's not going to get many games but wants to stay and fight for his place, you can admire that, and to be fair he's already a club legend and has earned that time. Pizarro though is a different proposition as he has never really shown he's capable and perhaps this article above is right.

Can't say I blame him though. The club's fault for offering him so much money in the first place.

well Carlo was the goalkeeper before Czech came

Carlo is a great goalkeeper after all. he could be the Nr. 1 keeper in any other team (except Manu ;) )

but he still wants to stay at Chelsea.

Even Hilario never said anything about leaving last time

to SWP : he really trys to get better and wants to play for Chelsea. of course , his form was crap the last games in the PL i saw him.

but i think he should get a chance. he might be a strong winger, that why LPS wants him stay i guess.

another option would be lending him out and than get him back for us when he is in a constant condition.

but players like Pizzaro and Malouda....i don´t know if they really want to play for Chelsea or if they just use it as a prestige-thing having a contract at the Bridge.

load them off

He needs to be sold, he's not good enough and he's picking up a nice wage for it.

It's unbelievable anyone would try put Carlo in this bracket, he's been called the most unambitious goalie in football.

To me it's just loyaltee to the club he loves and the club that made him what he is.

All great teams need two great keepers, we have that in Petr and Carlo. Why is Carlo a freeloader considering the years of service he has provided, and the fact that when called upon he has done a sterling job, and will continue to do so as long as the club want him to as he loves the club.

SWP is fighting for a place, and hopefully in the not too distant future will be worthy of such a place on a regular basis. If we never saw him and read reports that he was happy with playing in the Reserves then yes, but as that's not the case he is no way a freeloader.

Sadly Mr Pizzaro is not ever going to do anything, has been a major let down, and as someone rightly said we got the wrong Bayern forward. We would get more quality from Alan Carr up front, time to get rid asap.

What are you on warnie and can you send me some?

Shauny is not a fucking freeloader, the lad puts effort in and you can tell he wants to play. Cudicini is a back-up goalie, he knows he's not going to get many games but wants to stay and fight for his place, you can admire that, and to be fair he's already a club legend and has earned that time. Pizarro though is a different proposition as he has never really shown he's capable and perhaps this article above is right.

Can't say I blame him though. The club's fault for offering him so much money in the first place.

Rub your eyes and read what I said about Cudicini. We all love him cus he loves the club.

But SWP. That guy could walk in to any other team but wishes to stay at the club, and "Fight". Do you seriously think he deserves the Salary that he gets? Its been 4 years now and he is still fucking fighting. I cant help but think that he is here for the Salary. Thats my opinion, dont care what you think. He May not be a Lazy Twat like Bogarde.( mind you Bogarde was pretty proffessional for the reserves, ) but still, he is wasting his talent and peak playing years by staying at Chelsea for cash.

The problem is, We have spoilt the players.

If Shaun was just waltzing on the pitch when he got his chances without a care in the world, I would be inclined to agree with you, but he's not, he's putting the effort in, which makes me think that money is not his only motivation for staying here. It probably is one motivation, but not the only. And money is a motivation to most people, probably you too, so you can't really criticise him for that.

Pizarro can F*ck off as far as I'm concerned. Shouldnt have got anywhere near the club in the first place.

SWP I feel tries too hard to make things happen, He knows what he can do and so do the fans....maybe thats why we've been patient with him, but 4 years of trying too hard hasn't got him any further than when he first signed. He could have left and went to another team to reignite his career, but he's stuck at it....fair play to him, He's obviously a confidence player, and thats one thing he's seriously lacking. Things he done while at Citeh came naturally to him, but here its just not happening.

Taxi for Wright-Phillips..............

that he does, but when was the last time he broke out and scored? he is always the guy who is next to the ball on a deflection, which is a good trait, but his slow style doesn't flow with how we like to play...