Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

https://t.co/NKhOZnXw5M

https://twitter.com/DiMarzio/status/1025697833826111488

The Chelsea striker , in an interview with The Mirror , explained that last year they had a very difficult time in London. What was it due to? Probably to the many pressures, to the weight of having been acclaimed as a champion and perhaps not being able to repay the trust given to him. After a start of the championship crackling there was actually a decline in his performance but then recovered in the season finale. Here are his words:

"I did not want to talk to anyone, I did not want to listen to anyone, I just wanted to stay in my house, probably it was not depression, but something like that in football is all in the head and I suffered a lot in this last year because I arrived to Chelsea with great expectations, with a lot of pressure and at a certain point I had problems that did not exist.

I could have returned to Italy, my wife is also Italian. Or I could go back to Spain: I had a lot of offers and they offered me a lot of money, but I decided to stay here and fight. I want to change the past and I decided to stay at Chelsea to show who I am. "

But now things are looking better off for the birth of her twins: "Their birth was the best feeling of my life! How? Leonardo is quieter while Alexander is a bit 'crazy. All you now I have in mind to score, to score and to score, then to go home and stay with my children and my wife : that's all I want ".

:doh:

Think we would all love for him to come good, not got a problem with him staying and you have to praise his attitude, Tibo Courtois could take some lessons here.

But unfortunately we can't rely on him to be the main man, he clearly has problems with the pressure so that needs to be taken away with a new number 9 (I know it's fantasy land right now), i'd be more than happy for him to stay and fight for the spot but it doesn't fill me with confidence if he is our first striker next year.

What has me clinging on to the idea that we could get someone in is that Higuain said Sarri wanted him apparently and there;s nothing happened in pre-season that would make anyone think we didn't need a striker lol, was this Higuain quote true?

I always looks to see what the player is like I their second d season. Good or bad. One way there first season could be then getting nurtured to the league, or them hitting the ground running in a rush of momentum.

Always seems like to have the perfect attitude, which makes it slightly easier, but he has to know this season he has to work hard to make it happen - and as it should be if he stays - or Bats will be coming for the striker role.

I really think he comes good this season. 

He has all the technical aspects of his game down pat. People can go on about his one on one misses, but that is 100% confidence. You don't play for the biggest clubs in the world if that is your standard. 

Just needs to get tougher and stop going down, and the rest will follow. Particularly in this system where he won't be playing that target man role. 

Whether you want to admit it or not but with each passing game this guy more resembles the Torres nightmare. Sarriball wont save him. I see another season of comical misses and  a depressing lack of confidence. He'll waste 10 extra assists from Hazard. F** him until further notice. I cant stand his "woe-is-me" body language either. Just a pampered and entitled player 

On 8/4/2018 at 2:04 PM, Starman60 said:

Look, the guy (Morata) says he want to stay, wants to score goals and be part of what Chelsea are about. So I for one will give him a second chance to show what he has to offer.

I haven't heard Bakadonkey come out and sing the clubs praises and state that he wants to stay and fight.

And as for Courtois..Well just let him fuck off or rot on the bench, he's not, never has been, and never will be a Chelsea favourite.

After today I might just change my mind :P

I honestly can't see how his fortune will change. He clearly has no desire to better himself, in any way shape or form.

I'd be extremely disappointed if he go a starting berth next Saturday.

Everyone, this is what people refer to as karma. 

Throwing out actualy good striker (Costa) for being a bit of a dick (and obviously everyone gets offended nowdays) and replacing him with "nice" striker. And obviously it didnt work.

Like they say, dont replace something that isnt broken. 

5 hours ago, LAM09 said:

I honestly can't see how his fortune will change. He clearly has no desire to better himself, in any way shape or form.

I'd be extremely disappointed if he go a starting berth next Saturday.

He was never starter in previous clubs, he had flaws, but back in Juve when he did play, he gave everything and realy worked hard, plus whatever he did with feet was actualy realy useful even if he didnt score everytime (still, he scored some brilliant goals). 

That game vs Bayern, he was nearly perfect striker and everyone expected he will be huge player soon. He wasnt regular on score sheet, but in big games, you could realy realy count on him.

One year after joining Cfc, he cant shoot, he doesnt work enough and his link up is average as hell . The bigger match, the more he will flop and dissapoint

Is it players being shit or club actualy squeezes the joy out of them?

Current team; out of high profile players, Hazard, Kante, Azpi upped their performances since joining us. But Tibo went sideways, Cesc too (but he got old), Willian too, Morata complete downhill and same with Bakayoko. 

Former players like Matic, Oscar also went downhill (and then Matic in United back to being solid...)

Meanwhile Kdb, Salah huge improvement once they left Chelsea.

If Jorginho wont perform like he did in Napoli, I wouldnt be surprised at all.