Lampard Gets His Own Way

Express:

FRANK LAMPARD has been offered a record-breaking £39million, five-year-deal by Chelsea which will make him Britain’s highest-paid footballer.

The Daily Express understands that England midfielder Lampard, after weeks of wrangling, has finally been offered the deal he wants at about £150,000 a week and is poised to commit himself to Stamford Bridge for the rest of his career.

Chelsea hope the mega package will persuade Lampard, 30, his future lies with new manager Luiz Felipe Scolari and will finally persuade him to reject the advances from Inter Milan and his former boss Jose Mourinho.

Although he has yet to put pen to paper, sources at the club are now confident he will do so – even though relations between Lampard and Chelsea had appeared to have completely broken down two weeks ago.

But fresh talks with chief executive Peter Kenyon took place last week, before the team flew to China for their pre-season tour, with the player in the party. Chelsea had previously tabled a take-it-or-leave it four-year deal worth about £140,000 a week and insisted that if Lampard did not sign they would hold him to the remaining year of his contract.

That angered Lampard, who was holding out for five years.

Two weeks ago the Daily Express revealed he had told close friends at the club he intended to sign a pre-contract with Inter Milan in January. Such a move would have enabled Lampard to reunite with Mourinho as a free agent next summer. The Italian champions have already had one firm bid of £7.95m for Lampard rejected by Chelsea.

But this record offer by his club means Lampard could now perform a remarkable you-turn.

A Chelsea source said: “The club are desperate to keep hold of Frank. They had talks with him just before the China tour which they hope will finally convince him to stay long term.

I know Frank is very tempted by the offer as it means he could potentially see the rest of his career out at Chelsea, and there is every chance he could sign.

“However, a lot of bad feeling was created when details of the contract negotiations were being publicly discussed by the club and there are still some issues to iron out.”

Lampard was wounded by those issues, but with the club cracking first in the seemingly endless stand-off, he is now close to being won round again at a time when he never really wanted to pursue a future away from his beloved Bridge.

Mourinho had resigned himself to having to be without Lampard joining him in Italy until the end of next season but even that may not happen now.

Chelsea have already agreed new deals with Michael Essien, Petr Cech and Wayne Bridge, but they are now confident the biggest fish of all is close to being landed.

Im pretty disgusted at the club's lack of backbone over this if its true.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats why my friend you and me aren't running a club,

as much as you may hate kenyon, he does his job of selling shirts pretty fucking well..

Well I still reckon it's Lampards agent Kuntner, who's been pushing for this mainly.

Not done his client too many favours really, as this dirty washing has been aired in the public arena for a month or two now. It means fat frank will be scrutinised, and if he has a bad patch like he did a season or two ago, fans may get on his back if hes taking £150 000 week in week out.

On the positive if he carries on 20 odd goals a term for the next 3 years , they obviously think it's worth it....

....don't get me started on Kenyon this early, still eating breakfast, and I could chuck up. I did notice the fat necked fake smiler was, not content with going up to get a fucking Champions League medal, has been signing shirts in China. Is there no limit to the cunts arrogance ?

Not being widely reported yet so not sure if there is any accuracy in this story.

Make no mistake, if Lamps signs a new contract as far as we the fans are concerned it is only a good thing - no matter how long it is for and how much it is for!

Of course there could be a case of the club calling Lampards bluff, the claims that he wants more money or a longer contract the club may feel are lies so he can try and wrangle a move to Inter with Jose, and now they may be trying to call his bluff..............

I will be thrilled if Lamps signs.

Well I still reckon it's Lampards agent Kuntner, who's been pushing for this mainly.

Not done his client too many favours really, as this dirty washing has been aired in the public arena for a month or two now. It means fat frank will be scrutinised, and if he has a bad patch like he did a season or two ago, fans may get on his back if hes taking £150 000 week in week out.

On the positive if he carries on 20 odd goals a term for the next 3 years , they obviously think it's worth it....

....don't get me started on Kenyon this early, still eating breakfast, and I could chuck up. I did notice the fat necked fake smiler was, not content with going up to get a fucking Champions League medal, has been signing shirts in China. Is there no limit to the cunts arrogance ?

Obviously its kutner, i've been blaming that guy for what seems like eternity now..

but i'm sure the club evaluated the deal and its pros and cons before offering it to lamps, so no need to blame the club..

as for kenyon, i was hoping you would miss to read that part :P

Im with Esk on this, If Frank signs this contract, it will be Chelsea's best signing, since he last signed. He is as fit as any 23 year old and has nothing at all to prove to anyone. His agent is the one to blame in a way, but then the agent was only doing his job. I just hope the stories true.

If this is true, I'm disappointed. The club looked to be showing a bit of backbone over the matter. But if it means Frank is staying put, then there are positives and negatives to this story.

Yes it would be dissapointing if the backed down as much as is being claimed. But we still don't know everything about this, like i said the club may know more than they are letting on about Frank wanting to leave and are calling his and his agents bluff on the contract stories.

At the end of the day if Frank signs we should be happy, although it may well cause problems for us further down the line with players wanting the same sort of deal. To replace Frank would have been increidbly hard to do.

Yes it would be dissapointing if the backed down as much as is being claimed. But we still don't know everything about this, like i said the club may know more than they are letting on about Frank wanting to leave and are calling his and his agents bluff on the contract stories.

At the end of the day if Frank signs we should be happy, although it may well cause problems for us further down the line with players wanting the same sort of deal. To replace Frank would have been increidbly hard to do.

It will cause us problems. It started with Sheva's contract, I think.

Could it be possible the club may be looking for him to sign his contract then get rid of him next season?

That way the club would get a decent transfer amount for him, Jose has stated many times Lampard will be at Inter next season. RA could be setting him up. Dont forget, he gave Grunt a 4 year deal in January or something before getting shafted of him, and he was supposed to be one of Romans closest friends.

Just a wacky thought :P

I swear next time IF I hear Lampard Say " Oh I love the CLub, I love the Fans, bla bla" I am gonna ask him to shove it.

I dont care if it is Kutner or Lampard. When it comes to Drogba we all blame Drogba and not his Agent and I feel we should use the same yardstick to gauage Lampard.

Another thing behind the contract is probably the fact that our Shirt Sales would have taken a beating big time had Lampard Left. I dont think any Chelsea player's shirt sells as much as Lampard's.

And whats worse, we'll have to hear from rival fans now.

It's good to see we are calling Lampards bluff, it's put him in an awkward situation if he doesn't sign then he's been lying all along.

But that amount of money for one person makes me feel sick.

I swear next time IF I hear Lampard Say " Oh I love the CLub, I love the Fans, bla bla" I am gonna ask him to shove it.

I dont care if it is Kutner or Lampard. When it comes to Drogba we all blame Drogba and not his Agent and I feel we should use the same yardstick to gauage Lampard.

Spot on.

He's got it coming and for the first season ever, I won't be defending him.

Thats why my friend you and me aren't running a club,

They're not doing much of a job of running the club either if their policies and 'take it or leave it' stances are anything to go by. They need to stop letting players dictate their transfers for them before we go into free-fall.

as much as you may hate kenyon, he does his job of selling shirts pretty fucking well..

He can sell as many shirts as he likes, the longer Kenyon stays at the club, the more of these embarassing situations we're going to face.

Another thing behind the contract is probably the fact that our Shirt Sales would have taken a beating big time had Lampard Left. I dont think any Chelsea player's shirt sells as much as Lampard's.

Because Lampard doesn't open his trap like Drogba.. it's always lamps agent in the papers talking all the trash, not once lampard has said, he'd like to join jose at inter or shit like that..

and even after what drogba says, i still love him as a Chelsea player and he's a legend for me.. what he says doesn't make a difference to me as long as he performs on the field..

They're not doing much of a job of running the club either if their policies and 'take it or leave it' stances are anything to go by. They need to stop letting players dictate their transfers for them before we go into free-fall.

He can sell as many shirts as he likes, the longer Kenyon stays at the club, the more of these embarassing situations we're going to face.

such stances never work in favour of the side(club) which is looking for a bargain, it's always the side(player) who has the upperhand in negotatiaons, especially in franks case, when he has performed year after year and proved his worth and stolen the hearts of all the fans.. they wouldn't wanna be the reason or devil in this story and be the sole reason he left..

no we aren't gonna see many such situations, can you see SWP, malouda holding us out for such contracts..

at the end of the day even these figures aren't accurate and reliable.. they are just media gueses or from "secret" sources, the media print what sells.. and surely a thing that divides the fans of a club into two disticnt groups will sell..