• Willian (sub)
    • Fabregas (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, zekinjo said:

This match was supposed to be a true indication of Chelsea's strength. What a disappointment. Shame this was an easy one for Spurs. Literally an easy one.

In the post Arsenal period City and Spurs at home were likewise true indications (if you think against United was n't).
What about the freak 5-3 defeat during the Mourinho championship year ?
But I 'd agree 31/1 and 4/2  are the "ides of March" for Chelsea.

I think we did better than last game against Spurs :) Hazard had 2 great chances to score but he didn't take it and they scored with playing crosses to Azpi ... move on, we are still top of the league and we are gonna beat Liverpool and Arsenal soon ;) 

It's always bloody awful losing to those unsufferable loathsome bastards but a bit of perspective is needed here. It has been touched on by others here but the bottom line is we are massively punching above our weight. This is a team that finished 10th last season and to say they were going through the motions is an understatement. To go on a 13 match winning streak and to be leading by 5 points in January  is nothing short of remarkable especially in Conte's first season no fucking ridiculous '' Little horses'' quotes from him he's just got on with it in a professional and dignified manner.

We might not win the league but Conte has lifted us out of the gutter and made us into a competitive force once again and with a couple of shrewd buys in January who knows?. And I know it's a forum and everyone is entitled to there opinion but when I see really juvenile whiny posts remember we are Chelsea not fucking Arsenal u get me blud, fam ,cuz, etc etc.

57 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

It's always bloody awful losing to those unsufferable loathsome bastards but a bit of perspective is needed here. It has been touched on by others here but the bottom line is we are massively punching above our weight. This is a team that finished 10th last season and to say they were going through the motions is an understatement. To go on a 13 match winning streak and to be leading by 5 points in January  is nothing short of remarkable especially in Conte's first season no fucking ridiculous '' Little horses'' quotes from him he's just got on with it in a professional and dignified manner.

We might not win the league but Conte has lifted us out of the gutter and made us into a competitive force once again and with a couple of shrewd buys in January who knows?. And I know it's a forum and everyone is entitled to there opinion but when I see really juvenile whiny posts remember we are Chelsea not fucking Arsenal u get me blud, fam ,cuz, etc etc.

Whatever blud. :rolleyes:

:lol:

On 1/4/2017 at 11:19 PM, Mana said:

.....??

What are you talking about? You are basically agreeing with me! Our invincibility is gone, and if we are not careful we can add to what you said "Chelsea won the league in December".

I'm saying you should calm down people were saying in september that City will win the league and in october Liverpool there are still a lot of games to be played.

28 minutes ago, Mana said:

Well that is what you're telling me. I should calm down because Liverpool and City were hyped to win the league before and look where they are. And now we Chelsea are going to have the same fate (and I should calm down for that).

Where are you going with this?

I think there's a difference. City and Liverpool started losing points against any team, especially poor teams. We all hate Tottenham and defeat against them hurts a lot but we must admit that they are a great team, haven't lost at home this season. And the style of play they play, we just knew we are gonna struggle. Of course we have to prepare for that pressing game. But anyways there's nothing embarrassing in losing vs Tottenham. It's a question can we be stronger now.

1 hour ago, Tautvix said:

I think there's a difference. City and Liverpool started losing points against any team, especially poor teams. We all hate Tottenham and defeat against them hurts a lot but we must admit that they are a great team, haven't lost at home this season. And the style of play they play, we just knew we are gonna struggle. Of course we have to prepare for that pressing game. But anyways there's nothing embarrassing in losing vs Tottenham. It's a question can we be stronger now.

They seem to enjoy a spell of form.
Spurs are no longer the middle of the table side they used to be but I cannot really call them great.

CHELSEA SO FAR 2016 / 2017 Season:

What can be done to become world beaters?

After the loss to Spurs, all CFC's assumed invincibility came to the open. All is not lost, here are few points to make us (CFC) become world beaters.

1. Astute determination and self-belief

2. Not relenting and basking in the glory of previous victories

3. Addressing shortcomings of each player (I will get back to this important point)

4. Correcting the shortcomings and making substitutions early enough.

5. Fostering solid connectivity among the players - and making the team one solid machinery of art.

Now on point number 3, I will take up on some of the players and put forward my suggested opinion which i am positive if addressed - the mountain-top of success becomes inevitable for the team.

Cahill: - Solid and determined defender makes mistake but still lacking in making matured decisions. In the Spurs game he made a low header that went to the opponent, his best choice was to grab on the player and concede a yellow all in the bid to recover. My opinion, he had better options than the grab. As a defender 95% of the time your focus should be where the ball is and objective thereafter, is make contact with the ball - He could have spun around and kick the ball away from the opponent. Agreed there are occasions whereby a defender will need to channel greater portion of his focus on the opponent and less on where the ball is going – example is when crosses are pulled through and the defenders best choice becomes to cleanly de-stabilize the oncoming opponent (annoyingly this was gifted to Spurs for their goals).

Ngolo Kante: (This is an interesting one) – Against Spurs he had an off-day. He conceded the highest number of turn-overs – he was making interceptions only to to lose possession by passing to the opponent

Courtois: His major problem is he got used to the cover provided by midfield / defence in recent times so when the moment of truth arrives he becomes clueless. Against Spurs I put all the blame on him for the second goal. The Goalkeeper is the only player privileged to see the entire 21 players excluding himself. You can make a mistake once but making the same mistake twice is in-excusable. For the Spurs second goal against CFC, he having the peripheral vision should have followed the cross and gone for the punch before it gets to the head of the Spurs player. He failed there.

Pedro: Good but a little bit more patience in his game would make him a complete player

Costa: Deadly finisher maybe, but he is still lacking a lot to be defined as a lethal-striker. His major shortcoming, he is a very poor dribbler. He scores we know and appreciate this from him but if he could dribble his goals tally will be in the high twenties at this stage of the season he needs to improve.

Azpiculueta: Good interceptor – needs to improve his passing accuracy and crosses

Alonso: Reasonable crosser – Needs to be more confident in taking scoring chances when they come.

Antonio Conte: Great job so far!!! Highly appreciated – but improvement is needed. Kindly focus on each player improving and not managing them the way they are. Teach them what they are lacking. Scoring is one of our (CFC’s) shortcomings. We don’t score enough because we don’t have confident scorers – please teach them. You considering your pedigree as an ex-defensive player please kindly teach the defence-line and midfield the art of “1-goes / 1-covers”,

When there is an onslaught from opponents 1 should go for the interception while 1 covers up for the loose ball –that way defence becomes impregnable and these also involves the goalkeeper.

To the entire team and forum: I am not castigating the team, I love and believe in the team and I know we have the potential to be the best that’s why I am suggesting these improvement keys to ensure we have a successful season.

On 1/4/2017 at 4:27 PM, Footballover said:

Bad performance by every single player except Matic, Luiz and Azpi. Kante was horrifyingly bad, Hazard disappeared and Costa couldn't complate a pass all day long... All in all, pretty predictable outcome in the end. It was a cup final for them and we didn't turn up, didn't want it like we did last year at the Bridge. Really nothing special, we lost a game to a very very formidable side at the hardest place to go to. 

Our last loss got us on a winning spree, I hope we can benefit from this one too and understand that we can't get complacent, winning this league is impossible without getting a bit of spanking. Up the Chels!

After the loss to Spurs, all CFC's assumed invincibility came to the open. All is not lost, here are few points to make us (CFC) become world beaters.

3. Addressing shortcomings of each player (I will get back to this important point)

5. Fostering solid connectivity among the players - and making the team one solid machinery of art.

Now on point number 3, I will take up on some of the players and put forward my suggested opinion which i am positive if addressed - the mountain-top of success becomes inevitable for the team.

Cahill: - Solid and determined defender makes mistake but still lacking in making matured decisions. In the Spurs game he made a low header that went to the opponent, his best choice was to grab on the player and concede a yellow all in the bid to recover. My opinion, he had better options than the grab. As a defender 95% of the time your focus should be where the ball is and objective thereafter, is make contact with the ball - He could have spun around and kick the ball away from the opponent. Agreed there are occasions whereby a defender will need to channel greater portion of his focus on the opponent and less on where the ball is going – example is when crosses are pulled through and the defenders best choice becomes to cleanly de-stabilize the oncoming opponent (annoyingly this was gifted to Spurs for their goals).

Ngolo Kante: (This is an interesting one) – Against Spurs he had an off-day. He conceded the highest number of turn-overs – he was making interceptions only to to lose possession by passing to the opponent

Courtois: His major problem is he got used to the cover provided by midfield / defence in recent times so when the moment of truth arrives he becomes clueless. Against Spurs I put all the blame on him for the second goal. The Goalkeeper is the only player privileged to see the entire 21 players excluding himself. You can make a mistake once but making the same mistake twice is in-excusable. For the Spurs second goal against CFC, he having the peripheral vision should have followed the cross and gone for the punch before it gets to the head of the Spurs player. He failed there.

Pedro: Good but a little bit more patience in his game would make him a complete player

Costa: Deadly finisher maybe, but he is still lacking a lot to be defined as a lethal-striker. His major shortcoming, he is a very poor dribbler. He scores we know and appreciate this from him but if he could dribble his goals tally will be in the high twenties at this stage of the season he needs to improve.

Azpiculueta: Good interceptor – needs to improve his passing accuracy and crosses

Alonso: Reasonable crosser – Needs to be more confident in taking scoring chances when they come.

Antonio Conte: Great job so far!!! Highly appreciated – but improvement is needed. Kindly focus on each player improving and not managing them the way they are. Teach them what they are lacking. Scoring is one of our (CFC’s) shortcomings. We don’t score enough because we don’t have confident scorers – please teach them. You considering your pedigree as an ex-defensive player please kindly teach the defence-line and midfield the art of “1-goes / 1-covers”,

When there is an onslaught from opponents 1 should go for the interception while 1 covers up for the loose ball –that way defence becomes impregnable and these also involves the goalkeeper.

To the entire team and forum: I am not castigating the team, I love and believe in the team and I know we have the potential to be the best that’s why I am suggesting these improvement keys to ensure we have a successful season.

On 1/4/2017 at 3:35 PM, OhForAGreavsie said:

When your midfield is a mess things get chaotic at the back. Retain possession poorly and your defending automatically gets worse. Some people insist on blaming the defenders for that but there is a bigger picture people need to see.

Cahill: - Solid and determined defender makes mistake but still lacking in making matured decisions. In the Spurs game he made a low header that went to the opponent, his best choice was to grab on the player and concede a yellow all in the bid to recover. My opinion, he had better options than the grab. As a defender 95% of the time your focus should be where the ball is and objective thereafter, is make contact with the ball - He could have spun around and kick the ball away from the opponent. Agreed there are occasions whereby a defender will need to channel greater portion of his focus on the opponent and less on where the ball is going – example is when crosses are pulled through and the defenders best choice becomes to cleanly de-stabilize the oncoming opponent (annoyingly this was gifted to Spurs for their goals).

On 1/4/2017 at 4:14 PM, OhForAGreavsie said:

I agree with much of the criticism posted tonight. Indeed I posted a fair bit of it myself. The thing is, we have a week and a half to chew things over before we get back to the league.

In the meantime, let's try to spare a few posts in praise of the players and the coach to recognise their magnificent, record-setting, achievements.

If I was there, I'd be on my feet applauding you all off the pitch gentlemen. Well, I can be there in spirit at least, so huge congratulations to the squad and coaching staff for three unbelievable months.

Thank you lads.