Djibril Sidibe

Exactly the type of squad player you acquire in January. He can cover both left and right back and push both Moses and Alonso to always be at their best. He seems adept at getting forward and possesses good speed and size. He also seems capable of crossing from the right. I watched both games against the Spurs again, at Wembley he played LB and in Monaco he played RB. He looked better attacking down the right flank against Rose then he did on the left taking on Walker. Perhaps it had more to do with him being in his natural position than the opposition on the day, he is right footed so was able to protect the ball better on the right side.

One thing that is certain, if Conte and Emenalo did travel to Monaco on the 22nd to see Sidibe they did not go away disappointed! He was brilliant on the day, compact when in defensive positions(close to the CB) and very capable on counters(left Rose in his wake on a few occasions). He played narrow and direct in both boxes which is different from what you get from Moses who likes to dribble and stay wide. Victor is the better passer but Sidibe is the more willing passer.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, manpe said:

He joined Monaco in the summer for five years, how likely can it be? Is it even allowed?

Yes it would be allowed. Players may represent a maximum of two clubs in a single season. He joined Monaco during the off-season so they have been his only club so far this term.

Djibril Sidibe Characteristics

+ Strengths

Long shots
Very Strong
Defensive contribution
Very Strong
Key passes
Strong
Crossing
Strong
Dribbling
Strong

- Weaknesses

Holding on to the ball
Weak

Djibril Sidibe's Style of Play

• Likes to dribble
  • Likes to play short passes
  • Likes to tackle

Just now, the wes said:

Djibril Sidibe Characteristics

+ Strengths

Long shots
Very Strong
Defensive contribution
Very Strong
Key passes
Strong
Crossing
Strong
Dribbling
Strong

- Weaknesses

Holding on to the ball
Weak

Djibril Sidibe's Style of Play

• Likes to dribble
  • Likes to play short passes
  • Likes to tackle

Lol judging from those strengths he seems like a footballing god. I gotta take a closer look at this fella.

• 5 weeks later...

Amazing player, one of my favourite at the moment. He'd be my no.1 target in the summer. I have a bad feeling that City snap him because they need full-backs so badly it's no brainer. And knowing our reluctance to go in to the bidding wars we'd pass in that situation. But for now I will hinge on that one line mention from the guardian last month lol.

On 22/01/2017 at 10:50 PM, Blue Colored Sky said:

Amazing player, one of my favourite at the moment. He'd be my no.1 target in the summer. I have a bad feeling that City snap him because they need full-backs so badly it's no brainer. And knowing our reluctance to go in to the bidding wars we'd pass in that situation. But for now I will hinge on that one line mention from the guardian last month lol.

I agree that Sidibe is a terrific player but he does not make it to number one in my wish list. That place is reserved for a Matic upgrade because I think an improvement in that position will make a bigger impact on our team than any other upgrade we might contemplate. I say a 'Matic upgrade', but actually I think I mean a Fabregas upgrade. A player who can deliver the quality Cesc can, while also providing the pace, power and energy that will persuade Antonio to select him ahead of Nemanja.

That said, you have to sign the players you need when they are available. If Sidibe is gettable in the summer, then we should try.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, ulvhedin said:

how would you compare him to Nelson Semedo?

Semedo is cracking player its hard to judge who's better but I like Sidibe cause he can fill in both wing-back positions 

• 5 months later...

Shit source, but

Chelsea have reportedly turned to Monaco full-back Djibril Sidibe after failing to land Alex Sandro of Juventus.

According to Claudio Colla of TransferMarketWeb, Monaco's pursuit of Aston Villa's Jordan Amavi could free up Sidibe to leave, and the Blues are "planning" to make a move for him. 

Colla added that Sidibe rejected a transfer to Arsenal last summer.

Should Fabinho, who can also provide cover at full-back, stay put in Monaco, that might help Chelsea's cause.

Sidibe split his time on the right and the left last year, so he could replace Victor Moses on the former flank and provide cover for Marcos Alonso on the other.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2726218-chelsea-transfer-news-djibril-sidibe-reportedly-eyed-amid-alex-sandro-rumours

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/838279/Chelsea-Djibril-Sidibe-Monaco-Transfer-News-Gossip

take it with a big grain of salt but this was just retweeted by Thibauted, a chelsea fan account:

it says Sidibe is at Novotel with his agent and with bakayoko (perhaps to convince him) and the Monaco fan who posted it thinks he may be on his way to chelsea

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You