Hakan Calhanoglu

the wes

On 12/30/2016 at 10:20 AM, Leif said:

That would be so damn cheap for this guy. Excellent squad player. He's like a Nasri. You surely don't want him starting every game, in this league anyway, but bringing him on with 20 minutes to go will probably result in a huge influx of opportunities for the forwards around him. 

I thought he was around 25 by now, but turns out he's still only 22. Under the right coach he could become one of the best players around in his position, which he's shy of just now for sure.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Replacing an inconsistent player with another inconsistent player. Would be vintage Chelsea move.

It's literally both of these comments. I watch Bayer Leverkusen a lot, and Hakan Calhanoglu is very much an enigma. One major selling point on Calhanoglu, as Leif pointed out, is that he's still only 22. And I'd like to add that Roger Schmidt simply doesn't use him properly, playing him sometimes as a Striker/Wide-Midfielder/Winger, with his 4222 "balls to the wall pressing".If he was signed by Chelsea, fortunately for Hakan, he'd be playing for a side that actually looks to dominate possession, and he'd get to play in the half-spaces which is where he actually wants to be in, and not as a Wide-Midfielder/Striker who needs to press relentlessly for 90 minutes.

His only similarity to Oscar right now is the inconsistency, which can't just be swept to the side. There are many a time where the games just pass him by, and you only notice him when he's being subbed off. But I can make the argument, that Hakan is simply being utilized ineffectively, although that doesn't absolve him from all blame.

I'd also like to point out, that a footballer in isolation, he's much better than Oscar. He can complete 5 yard passes for starters, his technical ability is very sound, he can maintain possession under pressure, can make any/all the passes that break defensive lines, loves playing one-two's which should make Hazard happy when attacking, and he's adept at using either foot (but still favors his right). And his set-piece delivery is a thing of beauty. He'd make teams pay for fouling us in and around the final third. 

At the end of the day, I would absolutely love this signing. He's young, unquestionably has the talent, and would be on the cheap (Atletico Mad. almost nabbed him on the final days of the summer window for reportedly 30M Euros or less).

The risk/reward payout on this signing is clearly in Chelsea's favor here. Sign. Him. Up. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 30/12/2016 at 2:16 PM, the wes said:

Beautiful free kick from 50 yards rumoured to be available between £17m till £20m 

Can you imagine the response Conte would give if that happened for us! He would be in orbit!

The only things I know about him are thru vids available and stuff I can find on the web.

So its great for the likes of me that only really warches the PL and the bigger European games, that all you guys who watch the different leagues,teams,players and share your ideas of them (whether they agree with each other or not) Its all info that I can put togetrher and make my own mind up,

So ta guys!

Honestly, I'm ok with this. He looks that he has some talent to play possession football and he likes to play through balls. He can shoot. His freekicks shots/deliveries are great.

What I know is that we absolutely need attacking midfielder this winter but we also crave for major player next to Diego and Hazard. If we won't block here a pathway to marquee signing in the summer, then sign him up.

1 hour ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

Honestly, I'm ok with this. He looks that he has some talent to play possession football and he likes to play through balls. He can shoot. His freekicks shots/deliveries are great.

What I know is that we absolutely need attacking midfielder this winter but we also crave for major player next to Diego and Hazard. If we won't block here a pathway to marquee signing in the summer, then sign him up.

It really is a catch 22 for Chelsea at the moment. Because much like you, I want ELITE- World Class signings in mold of Griezmann/Dybala/James Rodriguez/ etc. etc., but the first two names are most definitely not leaving in January or in the Summer either. And James Rodriguez is pulling this ultimate dance; stating he's fed up of not starting, to Zidane giving him starts upon winter break, to getting his British Visa/whatever in Colombia, to not really pushing for the move anymore, to who knows what the hell what he wants. 

Deep down, i think if we sign Hakan, no major Elite RF purchase comes in the summer. Because Hazard/Pedro/Hakan/Willian would be the options. Unless, Conte thinks he can get Willian to convert to RWB, I don't see how we buy Hakan and a major RF. But we cannot go on without an Oscar replacement, that'd be just too risky.  Decisions, Decisions. 

1 hour ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

It really is a catch 22 for Chelsea at the moment. Because much like you, I want ELITE- World Class signings in mold of Griezmann/Dybala/James Rodriguez/ etc. etc., but the first two names are most definitely not leaving in January or in the Summer either. And James Rodriguez is pulling this ultimate dance; stating he's fed up of not starting, to Zidane giving him starts upon winter break, to getting his British Visa/whatever in Colombia, to not really pushing for the move anymore, to who knows what the hell what he wants. 

Deep down, i think if we sign Hakan, no major Elite RF purchase comes in the summer. Because Hazard/Pedro/Hakan/Willian would be the options. Unless, Conte thinks he can get Willian to convert to RWB, I don't see how we buy Hakan and a major RF. But we cannot go on without an Oscar replacement, that'd be just too risky.  Decisions, Decisions. 

We should pay 5-10m and loan some player. That's the only option we can take to a) fill the gap B) don't overcommit on wrong player. Obviously it's super unrealistic. Attacking midfielder is the only position that you can't plug the hole with stop-gap solution. In goal, defence, midfield you can buy experience for a few months, even in attack you can buy some old poacher who will do the job for you. 

• 2 weeks later...

Chelsea set to bid £15m for midfielder: This signing would be a massive coup

CHELSEA are set to bid for Bayer Leverkusen star Hakan Calhanoglu, according to sensational reports.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/580580/Hakan-Calhanoglu-Stamford-Bridge-switch-Chelsea-transfer-news

• 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Hmm?

Has to do with breach of contract in 2011. He has pay €100,000 in compensation to Turkish club Trabzonspor, for whom he agreed to sign as a teenager, the Court of Arbitration for Sport ruled on Thursday.

The complaint was originally lodged in 2013 and has somehow taken 4 years to come to a conclusion. 

Except his freekicks we pretty much have a better version of him in Fabregas and even he isnt seeing a lot of the pitch. Doesnt really seem like the type of player Conte is looking for imo...

Only Ozil is less of a Conte player. And maybe Taarabt. It's easy to draw conclusions about what they all have in common without explaining. Exceptional talent does not equal exceptional performances. This guy is great to watch but only if it's not in your team. I would take him only in a scenario where he's a bench player used against small sides in cups. For those games, he'd always ensure we win.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You