FA Youth Cup Thread

LDN Blue

FOREST NEXT IN THE YOUTH CUP

Posted on: Thu 16 Feb 2012

Following Wednesday night's penalties win against West Ham at Staines Town, we will face Nottingham Forest in the quarter-final of the FA Youth Cup.

The game will take place at the City Ground next Wednesday, February 22, and will be screened live on Chelsea TV with coverage starting at 6.30pm.

Ticket prices are £3 for adults and £1 for children and can be purchased on the night at the turnstiles.

There are no replays in The FA Youth Cup, if a match is level at the end of 90 minutes, extra time will be played, followed by penalties.

How much does a normal senior game ticket cost? About 40-50 pounds?

I mean, looking at the first team's last few performances, the ticket prices of the youth team should be set at minimum 100 pounds...

The amazing thing is that such a large number of players are still eligable for next seasons competition, a year stronger and better:

Nathan Ake

Nathaniel Chalobah

Adam Nditi

Lewis Baker

John Swift

Anjur Osmanovic

Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Islam Feruz

Not to mention all the players who will step up for next season, all quality players. The FA Youth Cup has become a very good competition for us.

The amazing thing is that such a large number of players are still eligable for next seasons competition, a year stronger and better:

Nathan Ake

Nathaniel Chalobah

Adam Nditi

Lewis Baker

John Swift

Anjur Osmanovic

Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Islam Feruz

Not to mention all the players who will step up for next season, all quality players. The FA Youth Cup has become a very good competition for us.

If the majority of our current under 16's are kept together & continue developing then I can see them winning the youth cup comfortably, well that's from what I witnessed earlier this season, atleast 6 of those players caught my eye & I'm not that easily convinced!

However doesn't it or shouldn't it ask the powers that be at the club that something is significantly wrong that these talented young players are not making the grade? I know their opportunitys are limited which obviously doesn't help their development but it seems they hit a brick wall come 18? To me there is something awry with the coaching staff at this level at the club as these youngsters are simply not stepping up, I hope that questions have been asked & the next generation are given every opportunity to make it, including top level coaching.

If the majority of our current under 16's are kept together & continue developing then I can see them winning the youth cup comfortably, well that's from what I witnessed earlier this season, atleast 6 of those players caught my eye & I'm not that easily convinced!

However doesn't it or shouldn't it ask the powers that be at the club that something is significantly wrong that these talented young players are not making the grade? I know their opportunitys are limited which obviously doesn't help their development but it seems they hit a brick wall come 18? To me there is something awry with the coaching staff at this level at the club as these youngsters are simply not stepping up, I hope that questions have been asked & the next generation are given every opportunity to make it, including top level coaching.

It's not the coaching at that level that is the problem, it is the football set up in this country. If we had something real in place for 18 to 22 year olds to develop properly we would be developing some seriously quality players. As it stands we have proper talent like Connor Clifford, Jacob Mellis, Billy Clifford ect.. just sitting around kicking their heels playing poor standard reserves football. Until something changes we are going to continue to struggle to develop our own for first team. Of course it doesnt help that we do not even give them a chance.

It's not the coaching at that level that is the problem, it is the football set up in this country. If we had something real in place for 18 to 22 year olds to develop properly we would be developing some seriously quality players. As it stands we have proper talent like Connor Clifford, Jacob Mellis, Billy Clifford ect.. just sitting around kicking their heels playing poor standard reserves football. Until something changes we are going to continue to struggle to develop our own for first team. Of course it doesnt help that we do not even give them a chance.

Interesting...Do you think Andre was right to suggest that we need a B team play at the Championship?

See were you're coming from but the fact is we have spent a fortune on our academy since Roman has been in ownership yet we have not produced 1 player that has made it as a first team regular to date & that's almost 9 years of zero productivity which is totally unacceptable whatever way we dress it up & that cannot just be down to young players not playing at a decent standard. Man Utd as much i detest them seem to get it right as they are regularly producing young players that are in the first team - Welbeck & Cleverly the latest 2. Its perceived that the club are making some catastrophic mistakes with their decision making, in how to get the very best out our future stars of tomorrow, you only have to look at the way Josh MacEachran has been handled this season to see my point, imho I believe there has been a combination of very poor decision making & some coaching not up to the required standards. A succession of managers who havn't utilized the youth either doesn't help.

I believe nothing beats experience & if young players are good enough they should be introduced into the first team fold, if they are not ready they should go out on loan were the club should ensure that they get a minimum amount of playing time before releasing them to loan clubs, look how well that benefited Sturridge at Bolton last season. Mediocrity has manifested itself in the first team with atleast 5 or 6 senior players blocking the path of our youth, not their fault but the clubs again for not throwing out the likes of Maloulda, Bosingwa, Ferreira, Hilario et al but those players you mention could of been given their places in the squad & thus their path opens up - surely we must have an up & coming RB that can defend who should be in the squad ahead of Bosingwa?

I truly hope that we have learnt from those many mistakes over those costly years & they are behind us because I see a very bright future ahead for us just as long as those young players get the expert coaching required & the club make the right calls on their future development.