Pedro Rodríguez

Pacquiao

Just reading through this thread and it's been a bit of a head scratcher.

You know your reading a truly wonderful forum when people lose it over the signing of the virtually unknown Baba Rahman -- who? -- and immediately place him in their fantasy Chelsea XI, but at the same time are disappointed at the signing of Barcelona "reject" Pedro, at peak playing age, who comes with many winners medals which include multiple Champions League and La Liga titles.

Put Busquets in our team and he will be exposed imo. I am not denying is quality but in no way would I say he is better than Matic. You put Matic in Barca and we rarely will talk about a flaw in his game. As for tackling, no DM beats Matic in that department.

Most tackles won in the 2014/15 Champions League: Vidal (45) Matić (37) Casemiro (36) Toulalan (30) Busquets (27).

Remember, we got knocked out the knockout stage as well, whereas Barca reached the final. Had we reached the final, Matic would have topped that table for sure. Not even a debate who is better. It is easier for Busquets to standout in a team like Barca.

A DM's role is not about tackling though. It's not about winning the most tackles either. That just shows the style of a player. Matic does have the physical presence advantage over Busquets, definitely.

Busquets is a tactical defender for the most part. Intelligent positioning (he truly stands out in this, his performance in the CL final was simply immaculate), intercepting, blocking passing lanes, excellent timing when it comes to applying pressure, looking to oust any kind of potential attack very early. His tackling is very good as well. When he does decide to tackle or slide tackle, he rarely gets it wrong. Matic's aggressive nature also leads to him leaving gaps and getting dribbled past far too easily at times.

Then there's Busquets' ability on the ball and it certainly does matter. 'DMs just have to destroy' is an outdated view.

Matic has had games where he looked like an absolute juggernaut in midfield (he's also enjoyed some real stinkers), but looking at his time overall at Chelsea, he's been fantastic but not defining. Busquets has been bossing since 2010, shining in CL and World Cup finals, and all kinds of big games. He's an exceptional talent, I rate him very, very highly. On and off the ball.

The whole playing for Barca is easier argument doesn't work for me. Barca are as good as they are because they have incredible players. Busquets is one of them. When you're not good enough or not as good as the rest, it shows (badly), and you either don't play or end up leaving. Edit: Then there's the fact Barca struggle when he's not playing when facing quality opposition. Controlling the midfield zone becomes a lot harder for them without Busquets.

Matic wouldn't get into the Barca team btw. He's not that strong on a tactical level.

He's also very good with his left foot like Remy/hazard. And has a lot of movement when the team is attacking. Instead of this slow passing we see, fabregas will be able to put pedro through on goal.

Better than Remy/Hazard, much better. He's completely ambidextrous. One of his greatest qualities.

A DM's role is not about tackling though. It's not about winning the most tackles either. That just shows the style of a player. Matic does have the physical presence advantage over Busquets, definitely.

Busquets is a tactical defender for the most part. Intelligent positioning (he truly stands out in this, his performance in the CL final was simply immaculate), intercepting, blocking passing lanes, excellent timing when it comes to applying pressure, looking to oust any kind of potential attack very early. His tackling is very good as well. When he does decide to tackle or slide tackle, he rarely gets it wrong. Matic's aggressive nature also leads to him leaving gaps and getting dribbled past far too easily at times.

Then there's Busquets' ability on the ball and it certainly does matter. 'DMs just have to destroy' is an outdated view.

Matic has had games where he looked like an absolute juggernaut in midfield (he's also enjoyed some real stinkers), but looking at his time overall at Chelsea, he's been fantastic but not defining. Busquets has been bossing since 2010, shining in CL and World Cup finals, and all kinds of big games. He's an exceptional talent, I rate him very, very highly. On and off the ball.

The whole playing for Barca is easier argument doesn't work for me. Barca are as good as they are because they have incredible players. Busquets is one of them. When you're not good enough or not as good as the rest, it shows (badly), and you either don't play or end up leaving. Edit: Then there's the fact Barca struggle when he's not playing when facing quality opposition. Controlling the midfield zone becomes a lot harder for them without Busquets.

Matic wouldn't get into the Barca team btw. He's not that strong on a tactical level.

Fair enough but Matic has to do be more aggressive in a team like us because we don't have 3 in midfield. We play with a double pivot which means he needs to press a lot more. But, I agree with you. While I think Matic is better, he or no other DM would take Busquets position in that Barca tea. Vice-versa, Busquets would not take Matic place in this team too. He needs to be playing in a 4-3-3 to be effective.

Meh one guy don't make the difference.

I seen a lot more United fans acting like the fans here blaming the board.

just a reminder to people here that once Pedro Rodriguez signing is completed and announced.

expect a huge increase in the next 24 hours to 7 days Later due to Pedro Rodriguez Fans joining the forum and not True Chelsea Fans. so take that into consideration.

just a reminder to people here that once Pedro Rodriguez signing is completed and announced.

expect a huge increase in the next 24 hours to 7 days Later due to Pedro Rodriguez Fans joining the forum and not True Chelsea Fans. so take that into consideration.

What, like everyone on here now is Kevin??

Laugh.gif

Just been watching skysports transfer centre and I am hearing the same old thing. They said Mourinho said if we sign Pedro we have to sell. I am assuming he is talking about FFP purposes and not due to too much players in that position. City though have spent around £80m which will probably go in to the £100m mark and they have not even sold anyone. Dzeko has gone out on loan for a mere £2.9m which will rise next year when they make it permanent. Jovetic also left out on loan with a view to a permanent transfer. So in theory, they have not sold at all and just keep buying. Why can't we just buy without the need to keep balancing. Uefa said they are relaxing the rules and City have clearly took advantage.

I hope Mourinho means it in terms of that we need to free up space because we do not need all those players but it is annoying when we keep seeing the excuse of FFP.

Why can't we just buy without the need to keep balancing. Uefa said they are relaxing the rules and City have clearly took advantage.

Probably because Roman has made his investment and would like the club to be heading toward self sufficiency or at least something resembling it.