ZanSnake

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are we so desperate now?

Better to give Ake a shot at that position and I'm sure we will do better than him ...

Did you actually watch Rose play last season? Tottenham fans said he was fantastic for them last season. I doubt the move is even going to happen but some people on these forums just make up an observation about a player who they probably have never watched. Last season he cemented his place in that Tottenham team and was consistently good. Normally he would be rotated but because of his form he kept that left back spot to himself. He grew leaps and bounds last season. Comparing Ake to him is just an insult.

Did you actually watch Rose play last season? Tottenham fans said he was fantastic for them last season. I doubt the move is even going to happen but some people on these forums just make up an observation about a player who they probably have never watched. Last season he cemented his place in that Tottenham team and was consistently good. Normally he would be rotated but because of his form he kept that left back spot to himself. He grew leaps and bounds last season. Comparing Ake to him is just an insult.

Fair play ... He did improve last season but he was at zero and he went to like 2 or 2.5 (on a scale of 5) ... Spurs had no one to rotate him with because they got no pace at that position. So yes he did well because nothing was expected out of him ... I mean all he had in his career were those 2 wonder goals against Arsenal (or was it one) then he was no where to be seen.

Now in terms of quality between Spurs and Chelsea ... I believe you would agree that we are head and tails above them ... We kept Luis on the bench who is rated highly as a LB (atleast in comparison with Rose), so please explain how does it make sense to replace Luis with Rose ... (Please dont say Home-grown)

On the insult part ... I m not sure who is insulted here ... Is it Rose or Ake? I will stand by to what I said ... Ake would do a much better job if he plays at that position.

Rose might be a world class player for Spurs (& their fans) who only aspires to be part of top 4 but he is just about average for Chelsea who are expected to win titles year on year. We got a much higher ceiling in terms of quality.

Fair play ... He did improve last season but he was at zero and he went to like 2 or 2.5 (on a scale of 5) ... Spurs had no one to rotate him with because they got no pace at that position. So yes he did well because nothing was expected out of him ... I mean all he had in his career were those 2 wonder goals against Arsenal (or was it one) then he was no where to be seen.

Now in terms of quality between Spurs and Chelsea ... I believe you would agree that we are head and tails above them ... We kept Luis on the bench who is rated highly as a LB (atleast in comparison with Rose), so please explain how does it make sense to replace Luis with Rose ... (Please dont say Home-grown)

On the insult part ... I m not sure who is insulted here ... Is it Rose or Ake? I will stand by to what I said ... Ake would do a much better job if he plays at that position.

Rose might be a world class player for Spurs (& their fans) who only aspires to be part of top 4 but he is just about average for Chelsea who are expected to win titles year on year. We got a much higher ceiling in terms of quality.

Ake has never played LB in a competitive game. I think he had 1 game there for Reading and that is it. He has played for our reserves there and in our friendlies but in competitve fixtures. If Ake played LB over a season for us you would find faults in his game. Rose is a much better LB. Rose and Davies are actually the two LB and were being rotated however because of Rose form, he started regularly and cemented that place on his own. Rose might not be good enough to start every game but for rotation purposes and being back up, he is more than good enough. Ake is not yet. You can't seriously put Ake in the same league as Rose. Come on now.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You