Chelsea v Crystal Palace

Jase

Our fullbacks doing nothing in attack and when they do overlap, it's terrible deliveries. Zero width to our play. Is playing Azpilicueta and Ivanovic really worth paralyzing the team's attacking play? Azplicueta gets into a good shooting position, but skies it with his left foot. Get's into a great crossing position, but crosses it straight into their keeper's hands. Surely, I'm not the only one seeing this in almost every game vs team's we are expected to beat? We are relying again on Hazard doing something special. Same old Chelsea.

Also, can Ivanovic please be subbed off so he doesn't get carded?

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same pen as always :P

I thought it was slower than usual, not that well placed. You either hit in the middle of the goal or choose a side. He chose neither and didn't put any strength. He normally goes for a side or hits it in the middle, with a bit more strength. I guess he was sort of nervous, but he took the header very well.

Furious Styles

What an unreal fraud.

Dives, gets the penalty and misses on purpose to get a rebound, so he for once can score a non-penalty goal....

Arsenal mania..

I thought it was slower than usual, not that well placed. You either hit in the middle of the goal or choose a side. He chose neither and didn't put any strength. He normally goes for a side or hits it in the middle, with a bit more strength. I guess he was sort of nervous, but he took the header very well.

yea you're right.. I mean he did the same as always, just the execution was off this time

That was third time he's missed/failed to score in Chelsea colours I think (Hazard pen).

Poor first half. I was hoping for much better... Oh well, just win then.

first miss in the prem...he's had one saved elsewhere. can't remember if it was champions league, fa cup, or some such, if i had to guess, i think it was against sporting lisbon in the group stage.

Maribor

It's like Azpilicueta and Ivanovic are non-factors to our attacking play. Ivanovic gets the odd assist here and there and it gives off the feeling he's this amazing attacking fullback, when he isn't. Azpilicueta a non-factor in building any meaningful attack from the left. Everything is way too narrow. Palace were the better team.

I'm not expecting anything today, but three points, even if it comes from a non-existent penalty, badly taken, but redeemed with a good header.

We can play good football from next on, but today, just three points, whatever way they come.

Furious Styles

What an unreal fraud.

Dives, gets the penalty and misses on purpose to get a rebound, so he for once can score a non-penalty goal.

Arsenal mania..

They're idiots, why would he miss on purpose?

LOLZ what a weird first half. shit football from both sides, they don't get a 50:50 pen and we get one from a blatant dive. whatevs. btw maybe hazard should try to not only watch the goalkeeper but additionally hit the ball hard and well placed anyway so he also scores those when the goalie fools him or waits.

Like a few have already said, I had a feeling Speroni would save the penalty. And what a terrible penalty it was!! But we scored, so I couldn't give less of a fuck!

I've actually thought Cuadrado has been pretty decent so far...