Chelsea v Man United

Jase

We were lucky not to concede in the first awful 20 mintues. Around 30 we started to press more, and the goal came from it. We cant return to sit back with no press at all, that will end with a goal for United probably. Need to keep pushing and get on more counters as we did in the last 15 min.

You dont have to be in possesion, but you cant be passive. Thats what we (again) learned in this 1st half.

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, you got me, i exagerated, i can name just as many easy passes he misplaced, but the one thing that is bugging me most today about oscar is his lack of energy in defending. He's barely helping out. It has improved since the goal but before that he seemed very lacklustered

100% agree, but I feel some others are the same. I even mentioned it in my previous post, but the worst in that aspect for most time has been Oscar.

Let's win this one going away, like 3-0. I know we need to be defensive minded in the second half and protect the lead, but how great would a couple of more goals be and a 3-0 win? We are due for a statement win.

By the way, what a great assist from Oscar and finish by Eden.

A win today almost makes next weeks match at the Emirates irrelevant (in the BPL title race) but just good old fashioned fun to beat the Gooners!

Come on you Chelsea!!

Matic really hasn't recovered his best form yet. That's one of the reasons we look vulnerable imo... when he protects our average defense, he makes it look better, but when he isn't as sharp it exposes their limitations (which aren't few).

matic is single handedly keeping us in the game. fellaini is dragging zouma off to the right wing and leaving matic totaly unguarded against both rooney and herrera. matic is having to cover the whole mid single handedly and hence we are looking vulnerable. need cesc to come as a DLP while willian as RW and go our normal way. but that will probably make fellaini try and single out cesc.

zouma has to get some sense.

30% share of possession and can't string 3 straight passes.

And then we score after our only chance. Like if we'd be playing against prime Barcelona.

That's basically our season in a nutshell. The title is ours with that star above our head. And Hazard.

good game so far. not great but good. Utd are completely under control.

De gea should be off for handling the ball outside the box.

Shame Remy could not make the game, it would have been a field day for a counter attacking striker like him. So Mourinho does not even try to play on the counter. So far it looks like a christmas tree or a very narrow 4-2-3-1. IMO we have enough height in the team, no need for a striker at all.

We were lucky not to concede in the first awful 20 mintues. Around 30 we started to press more, and the goal came from it. We cant return to sit back with no press at all, that will end with a goal for United probably. Need to keep pushing and get on more counters as we did in the last 15 min.

You dont have to be in possesion, but you cant be passive. Thats what we (again) learned in this 1st half.

We're the best team for defence we're good at capitalizing, we're good at scoring, we don't need possession to win. And we're always better in our second half.

I think that the performance has been well beyond average so far, but luckily so has utd's. Our shape was pretty bad and there are massive gaps for united to exploit in central areas. That said, we did seem to grow into the game and finish the half strongly (relative to the start at least).

Matic really hasn't recovered his best form yet. That's one of the reasons we look vulnerable imo... when he protects our average defense, he makes it look better, but when he isn't as sharp it exposes their limitations (which aren't few).

While I do agree that he hasn't been at his best, he has been isolated in this match. Not fair to judge him when he's being partnered by a CB.

I'm not sure if you're legitimately trying to say we shouldn't sell Oscar because of that back heel assist...

I am telling we shouldn't (and won't) sell him. If he's not first team material, he's the kind of player we need in our hopeless bench.

30% share of possession and can't string 3 straight passes.

And then we score after our only chance. Like if we'd be playing against prime Barcelona.

That's basically our season in a nutshell. The title is ours with that star above our head. And Hazard.

70% of possession and not one single shot on target.

I'm not sure if you're legitimately trying to say we shouldn't sell Oscar because of that back heel assist...

Nah. Just trying to go on the opposite spectrum of people who make a decent/average performance look like the worst performance of a professional player. I think it's only fair.