• Hazard
    • Cuadrado (sub)
    • Remy (sub)
    • Oscar (sub)

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good result and we will probably advance.. We will likely be knocked out in the last 8. Especially if we face either, bayern,barca, both Madrid teams .. All those teams are better than us and would surely eliminate us

:doh::doh::doh:

Barcelona went to Paris and got humbled, they should have lost by more than by a one goal margin but they are still one of the favorite, no ? Stop overreacting. We are in a bad patch in terms of our football (not the results), at our best we can compete with Bayern/Barca/Real/ATM without any problem.

:doh::doh::doh:

Barcelona went to Paris and got humbled, they should have lost by more than by a one goal margin but they are still one of the favorite, no ? Stop overreacting. We are in a bad patch in terms of our football (not the results), at our best we can compete with Bayern/Barca/Real/ATM without any problem.

All the teams that I mentioned are playing better than us, and would be favored against us. Atletico wooped us last year, bayern,barca and real are a level above us.

The problem with our system is simply that if the lineup is not:

Iva Zouma Terry Azpi

Cesc Matic

Willian Oscar Hazard

Costa

With the spine fully fit (ie Terry, Cesc, Matic, Azpi, Hazard, Costa, Oscar), we are awful.

The only positions we can change without drastically destabilising the team with our current set of players is RB, LB, RW (but only if Azpi is behind at RB), CAM (only to a certain extent. It's Willian or Oscar or bust) and ST if Remy plays, because if Cesc goes or gets pushed up and smothered by the opposition DM/backline, we lose nearly all creativity. Same with Hazard. If Willian or Oscar go, we lose the needed workrate. If Matic can't play, well, we've seen it before, our midfield and defence simulataneously collapse. If we lose Terry then the right defensive side is useless, and Azpi ends up doing 3 different roles at once.

With that in mind, another Cesc or Matic is probably needed most by this team in the medium term, or a hybrid of the two. Modric perhaps? And a 4-3-3 with Ake in should be considered.

In the long term another CB will be needed, unless Kalas is good enough to step in (or 4th choice?). Varane.

In 3 years or so we'll need to replace Luis at LB too. It was a short sighted buy, Bertrand should have been recalled and we could have saved £30m. And at RB, unless Christensen grows into the role.

And if Remy leaves, we'll need another striker to replace him, probably Bamford. As well as Drogba - I don't know what we will do to replace him as 3rd choice, unless we use Solanke as a reserve.

We also need a decent second choice LW to give us the ability to rest Hazard when possible. Don't know who would be a good buy, though. Maybe if Remy doesn't leave he can be 2nd choice on ST and LW, which will give him more more play time.

Ramires, Luis, Cahill and maybe Remy will be going out imo. Especially Luis, I reckon he's on his way back to Atletico.

I believe that it is definitely possible to be racist and still be a "fan" of athletes of other races. It's an admiration that's rooted in racial bias and stereotyping - it is still racist. It's the argument that stems from seeing coloured athletes as objects that provide a service than against any ordinary person practicing their sport. Donald Sterling had a plantation style of views. You're rooting for the blacks the same way you would root for a rooster in a cock fight. Racism doesn't often come as blind hatred of another race, but rather bigoted stereotypes. For example, there's a particular caricature of black men as the 'black buck' which received a recent bump in news coverage recently during the Michael Brown case in the US. The idea that black men are good athletes--indeed, intrinsically better than white men--is common among racists. The flip side of this belief is usually that they're lecherous, criminal, ect.

The club have already issued an appeal for witnesses to step up to help identify those persons involved, so hopefully that'll work someway into incorporating the wider picture - and not just the club's, as you said. A friend of mine was on the train with them, and someone asked them to quieten down, to put it nicely, but they continued their bigot chanting that has fundamentally tarnished our global brand. I do believe he sent additional footage to the Met police.

Whether their actions result in life time bans remains to be seen, I wouldn't be too surprised if they were already banned from home matches. Perhaps the club could order the group, if ultimately found guilty, to hand in their passports to a local police station each time we play abroad. It's laudable to see action being taken so swiftly without no nonsense half-apologies, just promises of bans and strong anti-racism that has no place in our society.

B-Sm9T_IAAAX1i1.png

This perfectly bookends what I believe.