Man City 1-1 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

That is the value of young players who have years ahead of them. They are overpriced but that is the reality now. It is not the fact that he would walk into the team but he would keep Terry and Cahill on top of their game and like some people have been criticising Cahill (a bit too harshly imo) he could come in for him if he was having successive bad games and his age is a factor as well. He is 5-6 years younger than Cahill and 10 years younger than Terry. Also judging by what I have heard of him he was excellent in Portugal. We saw how good of a success Carvalho was. I think Mangala will be a quality signing for City. He has a lot of qualites for a CB. Probably one of the fastest CB in football right now and he is still improving. Look how many other players we have bought for quite outrageous fees.

He was overpriced. Just cause that's how the market is doesn't mean we have to comply. He looked good in that game cause of how we played, but let's not overrate him either. He is nowhere near Varane or Koscielny, which is why he doesn't start for France. We haven't paid an outrageous fee for a player in the last few transfer windows (Maybe Willian?), and hopefully we continue that way.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was overpriced. Just cause that's how the market is doesn't mean we have to comply. He looked good in that game cause of how we played, but let's not overrate him either. He is nowhere near Varane or Koscielny, which is why he doesn't start for France. We haven't paid an outrageous fee for a player in the last few transfer windows (Maybe Willian?), and hopefully we continue that way.

No but the point is which I am making and made before the season started is that we should be after another CB. Due to Mangala's qualities, age and potential I always thought he would be a good option. Because it is likely that we will buy another big name CB in the summer anyway. Mangala and Kompany looks like it will be a quality partnership.

Also that theory about him not starting for France does not add up. Koscielny did not get ahead of Sakho. Does that mean Sakho is better? Not at all. Over 90% would say Koscielny is better than Sakho if you asked them but he is behind him in the national team.

But we have overpayed for many players. Mangala is not worth that fee at all but he is young and for players that age you are going to have to overpay. Like I was saying, it is likely imo that we could spent big on a CB come the summer.

No but the point is which I am making and made before the season started is that we should be after another CB. Due to Mangala's qualities, age and potential I always thought he would be a good option. Because it is likely that we will buy another big name CB in the summer anyway. Mangala and Kompany looks like it will be a quality partnership.

Also that theory about him not starting for France does not add up. Koscielny did not get ahead of Sakho. Does that mean Sakho is better? Not at all. Over 90% would say Koscielny is better than Sakho if you asked them but he is behind him in the national team.

But we have overpayed for many players. Mangala is not worth that fee at all but he is young and for players that age you are going to have to overpay. Like I was saying, it is likely imo that we could spent big on a CB come the summer.

I don't think we will spend big on a CB unless it's Varane. There isn't many options out there and once Kalas comes back we'll have Cahill, Omeru, Zouma, Kalas, Brana. We're good there.

Funny I remember that, guess we are all mugs for believing that. The people who during the game screamed his name and put off the people ACTUALLY playing for us, can't believe it.

I knew it the minute Frank came on

Well I'm a bit pissed off about this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29322837

It seems the USA team was fake to get our legend from our team knowing we'd do what he wanted as he did a lot for us and want him to be happy. Extending his stay get lost

Pellegrini the c**t.

Well I'm a bit pissed off about this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29322837

It seems the USA team was fake to get our legend from our team knowing we'd do what he wanted as he did a lot for us and want him to be happy. Extending his stay get lost

Pellegrini the c**t.

I keep on reading this and I am a bit confused. Wasn't it Chelsea who gave Lampard away. It was Mou who said that it is important to have legends, but not the legends will help the team to become champs.

That's something I like about United. They signed their legends and they never let them the chance to go and play for the opposition (Giggs and Scholes). And I strongly believe Lampard is nowhere near his football career end. It was just Chelsea being too greedy and stupid not to sign his contract under his conditions. A price for an ALL TIME goal scorer! My 50p.

I keep on reading this and I am a bit confused. Wasn't it Chelsea who gave Lampard away. It was Mou who said that it is important to have legends, but not the legends will help the team to become champs.

That's something I like about United. They signed their legends and they never let them the chance to go and play for the opposition (Giggs and Scholes). And I strongly believe Lampard is nowhere near his football career end. It was just Chelsea being too greedy and stupid not to sign his contract under his conditions. A price for an ALL TIME goal scorer! My 50p.

We offered him a new contact, but he wanted to start fresh in the new USA league, so we let him go to start his career in the US league which is Man City's club. Man City's Manager who owns both clubs loaned him out to their Premier League, and now want to extend it. Why force Lampard to stay here when he doesn't want to be? Un-happy player == bad game play == loose the match etc...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-transfer-news-frank-lampard-3103476

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2627546/Jose-Mourinho-keen-offer-Chelsea-midfielder-Frank-Lampard-new-contract.html

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/392339/REVEALED-Chelsea-legends-Ashley-Cole-and-Frank-Lampard-WERE-offered-new-contracts

http://metro.co.uk/2014/08/02/chelsea-legends-frank-lampard-and-ashley-cole-were-offered-new-deals-reveals-jose-mourinho-4819210/

Hm, I could be mistaken. There was definitely something between the management and Lampard.

I still believe Mou is not honest about the reason Lampard chose to leave the club. For me it will always be the money Lampard wanted (however I am unable to quote anyone). In any case, I can't see him that passionate one of a sudden to leave the club and compete in MLS where the best player equals worst in 3th Division in UK(no offence to 3th division teams).

Hm, I could be mistaken. There was definitely something between the management and Lampard.

I still believe Mou is not honest about the reason Lampard chose to leave the club. For me it will always be the money Lampard wanted (however I am unable to quote anyone). In any case, I can't see him that passionate one of a sudden to leave the club and compete in MLS where the best player equals worst in 3th Division in UK(no offence to 3th division teams).

Lmao! The MLS isn't that bad, you are going way too far.