Jase

Man of the Match  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mourinho brought more attacking footbal here, about what we needed, but it seems people can't accept it... or the problem is something else...

I'm sorry for saying it, and I'm starting a new paragraph because this is aimed only at you or even at you at all, but it seems like some fans despite their complaints the whole of last season about how defensive we were set up and how dull and predictable our attack was, aren't ready at all for a new approach. Like, not even close ready for it. People want us to continue to excel defensively while being an attacking minded team - sorry, it's physically and numerically impossible. Others want our pivot/midfield to be as static and conservative as last year, sorry, but that's a change Mourinho wanted and the very reason why Cesc was brought here. And I'm sorry, but if a player is here to be a playmaker, regardless if played as a #10, #8 or false #7, we can't demand him to be an ace defensively. There's a distance between the workhorse and the guy who puts a shift defensively. Fàbregas has been executing - for most of it - what is expected from him both defensively and offensively. He only needs to polish some of his actions and get a better understanding with his new teammates. He can improve, but he can't change into this play some people are expecting (first, that's not who he is; second, that's not why he's here for). I don't even understand where they're coming from, what exactly they expect. I mean, is the expectation to play with two #6? Is for him to have the same energy, pace and stamina as Ramires? Is for him to double Oscar's tackles stats of his first four months last season? what do people want? I can't understand. Nothing seems reasonable... it seems like they want him to be what he isn't and for him to play a role he wasn't brought here to play.

The root of the problem is that people want us to be a more attractive, but they aren't ready to accept the demands that comes with it. It's very simple actually. Comparisons with Lamps shouldn't even be made in the first place. Different players, different responsibilities given by José, but mainly different approaches of the game between then and now. It's like trying to get a square plug into a round switch - there's a saying for that in English, but I forgot it.

:clap:

No, we wouldn't go bankrupt. But we don't need him, especially for 40m (he's worth 20m max, unfortunately football is all about money now). Oscar and Draxler play a different role, so I don't understand the comparision. Oscar is essential in our system, he's played well so far this season.

Draxler worth is much more than 20m,just take a look we sold D.Luiz for about 50m and J.Rodriguez is 40m I think and J.Draxler is much better player than both.

If those games for Oscar was well I'm afraid to see him playing bad :blink:

Draxler worth is much more than 20m,just take a look we sold D.Luiz for about 50m and J.Rodriguez is 40m I think and J.Draxler is much better player than both.

If those games for Oscar was well I'm afraid to see him playing bad :blink:

That's how much they went for, not how much they were worth. David Luiz (before we sold him) was worth 20m MAX.