Emmanuel Emenike

MrBlueGuy

Rumors started yesterday on the web that we might be interested in signing him for £15m, thoughts?

I haven't seen much of him but so far based on this WC he seems very fast and a OK player, for a fee of 10-15m seems about right but he won't ever be a starter for us. Is he good enough to be on Chelsea bench? Although I would prefer Aubameyang to this guy, he could become a new Kalou for us.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beast of a player, he will definately start if he comes. Drogba like power, pace, movement and ability to hit freekicks, downside is if he can play 90mins fully at the pace of the premiership.

He'd start over Costa? No.

I'm fine with Costa, Emenike, and Bamford as center forwards for the season. Guess Emenike is a better price and equal threat compared to Bony. Fine by me. Good choice.

Hope we find a way to get rid of Torres and Mikel.

If it means that Torres will leave then yes but if it affects Lukaku then not interested.

What will affect Lukaku most is his non-stop chatter. The fucker needs to learn to keep his trap shut. I suspect Mourinho has already given up on him.

What will affect Lukaku most is his non-stop chatter. The fucker needs to learn to keep his trap shut. I suspect Mourinho has already given up on him.

I believe Lukaku should be given a chance here and then we can decide about his future.

I believe Lukaku should be given a chance here and then we can decide about his future.

I do too but the man himself thinks he is too good to be #2 at Chelsea, which is highly unlikely to do down well with the man who runs the team.

I do too but the man himself thinks he is too good to be #2 at Chelsea, which is highly unlikely to do down well with the man who runs the team.

I honestly don't think that he would have a problem with being the second choice striker at a club like Chelsea. The main reason why he left last season was because he had to compete with 3 strikers and knowing it was a World Cup year,he made the wise decision of leaving so he could play for Belgium.

The situation now looks more favourable as only Torres is left(Ba will probably leave) and with Costa coming in,we desperately need another reliable striker.That striker could very well be Lukaku but if Jose decides to go for someone else then we really can not blame Lukaku for what he will say or do because he's proven himself as a goalscoring striker under 2 different loan spells.

So,it all depends upon Jose. Ideally,Torres leaving would be the perfect move as it'd give us better options but since that won't be happening we'll just have to accept a strike force of Costa,Torres and hopefully Lukaku.

I honestly don't think that he would have a problem with being the second choice striker at a club like Chelsea. The main reason why he left last season was because he had to compete with 3 strikers and knowing it was a World Cup year,he made the wise decision of leaving so he could play for Belgium.

Well he's been saying that Chelsea keep buying strikers but it's not a problem for him because he has a lot of clubs interested.

I think he could have chosen to stay last season precisely because the competition consisted of a stop-gap Eto'o, an okay Ba and the unmitigated disaster from Spain. Following the Azpi route could've done him wonders. Nevertheless, he decided to leave (WC or whatever, like you say) and what's done is done. He had an alright season albeit nothing spectacular. I do agree, he should be given a chance here.

The situation now looks more favourable as only Torres is left(Ba will probably leave) and with Costa coming in,we desperately need another reliable striker.That striker could very well be Lukaku but if Jose decides to go for someone else then we really can not blame Lukaku for what he will say or do because he's proven himself as a goalscoring striker under 2 different loan spells. Ideally,Torres leaving would be the perfect move as it'd give us better options but since that won't be happening we'll just have to accept a strike force of Costa,Torres and hopefully Lukaku.

Well Ba has already come out and said that Mourinho has promised him more playing time this season so it's up in the air if he will actually leave. Torres is Torres, he'll be here even after he is dead. If one of them (or both - Hallelujah!) do leave, it's a no brainer that Lukaku will be with the squad. The problem then comes from the guy's attitude. He's young, badly advised and appears borderline bipolar in his continuous mouthing off. Mourinho doesn't like this ("Lukaku likes to talk") and I have a sneaking suspicion that he doesn't rate him as a player either ("Playing for Everton is different from playing for Chelsea", no quotes in the recent MARCA interview where he chose to spoke about nearly every other squad issue, our being linked with other strikers).

So,it all depends upon Jose.

As it should; he's the manager. Lukaku is saving Mourinho the trouble of making up his mind, though.

I'd rather not have him. He's just an older version of lukaku but with less talent. He's strong and fast, quite the athlete but doesn't really have the agility or balance Lukaku has. Nor does he have the technical and finishing skills we really want, and should aim for especially considering or playing style.

If we want to play counter attacking football all of a sudden, sure bring him in as our 3rd our 2nd choice striker, but then sell most of our other players. If we want to be dominant on the opposition half we should rather go for one with more technique and footballing skills. Bony on that matter out classes him by far, while being at the least his equal in strength and size, as do many others (Benteke for example).

He's actually a Chelsea fan also (he mentioned it in an interview last year when ACON was underway). Beast of a player! I saw the Bosnia-Nigeria game with a friend, and we were definitely mesmerized by his energy and how he was inspiring the teammates during the (counter)attacks.

He'd start over Costa? No.

At Real Madrid, Mourinho often started with two strikers. Higuain and Benzema.

On any other game, Benzema was first choice but Higuain always entered at minute 60 or 70. In some games where Benzema wasn't in form, Higuain started. It was in this year that Real Madrid broke the league's goal scoring record.

People need to stop assuming if Chelsea gets two great strikers, one will rot in the bench. This is simply not true.

At Real Madrid, Mourinho often started with two strikers. Higuain and Benzema.

On any other game, Benzema was first choice but Higuain always entered at minute 60 or 70. In some games where Benzema wasn't in form, Higuain started. It was in this year that Real Madrid broke the league's goal scoring record.

People need to stop assuming if Chelsea gets two great strikers, one will rot in the bench. This is simply not true.

Then the next season goes badly wrong with Higuain eventually deciding to leave the club. It is not possible for the long term, for 1 season yes but then a no1 will eventually be established or if they are both not good enough a new one will come in.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You