Juan Bernat

Fernando

According to this article we are following this player as Cole replacement:

Chelsea are plotting a summer move for Valencia left-back Juan Bernat, as Jose Mourinho looks to life after Ashley Cole.

The Blues are willing to listen to offers for Cole at the end of the season, with the defender now firmly out-of-favour.

And with his departure expected, Mourinho is looking for alternatives, and highly-rated Bernat has emerged as a key transfer target.

The 21-year-old, who has also been linked with Manchester United, is known for his speed and crossing ability and Chelsea scouts are believed to be making regular checks on his progress

Bernat is rated at about £6million, meaning he would be much better value than Southampton ace Luke Shaw, with he said to be valued at £30million.

A graduate of Valencias academy system, Bernat has six caps for Spains Under-21 team and can also operate as a left-winger.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/03/07/chelsea-plot-juan-bernat-transfer-as-replacement-for-ashley-cole-4462670/

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shaw is critical. I think the club needs some English players and there are very few that fit the bill like Shaw. If the team skips out on Shaw what other young Englishmen could we recruit, Jordan Henderson? But I think there is no way Mourinho would want Bernat in his backline, as someone else mentioned he's just too small. Southampton are bluffing by saying they won't sell and will probably agree to a good enough deal.

Shaw is critical. I think the club needs some English players and there are very few that fit the bill like Shaw. If the team skips out on Shaw what other young Englishmen could we recruit, Jordan Henderson? But I think there is no way Mourinho would want Bernat in his backline, as someone else mentioned he's just too small. Southampton are bluffing by saying they won't sell and will probably agree to a good enough deal.

For a team that is looking for value this makes all the difference:

Bernat is rated at about £6million, meaning he would be much better value than Southampton ace Luke Shaw, with he said to be valued at £30million.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You