I feel this question has to be raised

My views certainly wont change. There was a couple of different aspects to these games against the bin dippers that differs from the previous two efforts. As "badboy" said, the obvious thing is that we were away first - And that was a massive, massive diference. Our crowd last night was on par with anything I've heard at the Bin dippers landfill site.

Second, was the simple fact that the stupendous own goal by Riise effectively put us through in the end as they would have had the away goals. We were going nowhere until the Viking had a brainstorm.

I've seen the pictures of Terry and Lamps hugging Grant and I've really no problem with that. I'm just adamant that he is entirely undeserving of such a job that he ONLY got because he was "friendly" with Roman. He's also very fortunate that we have, In general, a very strong willed group of players, JT, Lamps, Ballack, Drogba, Carvalho, Essien are all leaders and that has certainly helped us through a very testing season.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My views certainly wont change. There was a couple of different aspects to these games against the bin dippers that differs from the previous two efforts. As "badboy" said, the obvious thing is that we were away first - And that was a massive, massive diference. Our crowd last night was on par with anything I've heard at the Bin dippers landfill site.

Second, was the simple fact that the stupendous own goal by Riise effectively put us through in the end as they would have had the away goals. We were going nowhere until the Viking had a brainstorm.

I've seen the pictures of Terry and Lamps hugging Grant and I've really no problem with that. I'm just adamant that he is entirely undeserving of such a job that he ONLY got because he was "friendly" with Roman. He's also very fortunate that we have, In general, a very strong willed group of players, JT, Lamps, Ballack, Drogba, Carvalho, Essien are all leaders and that has certainly helped us through a very testing season.

Yeap, I agree with you

i do agree with what you say changingman and i do think that in the summer avram will be moved upstairs, i just think he should have some respect, if not from the press, than from his own fans, we need to get behind the WHOLE CLUB for the rest of the season! like i said we werent expecting to be where we are, avram has done an OK job, but to move forward we need a top class manager in charge that can take us forward, i still fell avram has been a stop gap for the season, but i do believe he has a role to play at the club, all be it upstairs, working with the youth team, scouting, etc

I agree that Grant has to take some credit,even though he does have that luxury of a quality team to choose from,but it seems that they want to play for him,when they could so easily undermine him so he gets sacked or the players that oppose Grant leave themselves.

I doubt Grant will be sacked,maybe moved upstairs,unless the players want him,that is

I find it hard to see a way where he won't be here next season. And it is hard to argue against it in reality. We have our reasons for not wanting him here in the first place and wanting him replaced. But after massive turmoil near the start of the season to be in the CC Final, FA Cup Quarters, CL Final and down to the last day of the season with a very real possibility of doing the league and cup double.

My personal feeling is that he is not good enough tactically! But after the way we are finishing this season you have to say that it is going to take another season if that is to prove right or wrong. Some people say it is only because it is Jose's squad! Again it will take the summer, Pre Season and next season to prove if that is right is wronng......

I think the bottom line is that we are going to have to accept that it looks extremely likely that he will still be here for next season......

Grant is getting the job done. Why is that so hard for ppl to comprehend? Mourinho is gone. He doesn't even want to manage an EPL team. Was it the best move at the time? No. Am I still convinced that Sheva got Jose sacked? Yes.

Grant got put into a no win scenario. We are winning, we are in the Final, and with some help we might even win the premiership...

We kicked ass yesterday besides the last scouser score... but we still won, and you can't argue with results...

People people. One minute grunt is a cunt the next he deserves credit! If we end up trophyless which is still a very real possibility he'll be a cunt again. Think of this, Benitez has one the champions league and got to the final but would any of us want him as Chelsea manager? The answer is no because he isn't good enough to win the league or even a major trophy season upon season. I think under Grant thats how we would be.

Maybe he has done OK recently but the fact is in my view this season we should already have the Carling cup, we should be in the final of the FA cup and strong favourites to win that and we should be in pole position in the league. This season's domestic cup and league competitions have been very weak but as yet we havn't been good enough to exploit that.

Avram Grants team got that break and got Liverpool at Anfield first, we were outplayed yet again there but under mourinho, Riise didnt decide to head the ball into the back of his own net with 1 second to go. This goal changed the game and the tie massively and that gave us belief whilst deflating the scousers. It was the luck jose never got. In the 2nd leg (Yesterday) we were very good but i believe under Jose, we wouldve been very good at home in a 2nd leg too, especially defending a 1-1 away result. Also, Chelsea were hurt because of the 05 & 07 games that yesterday, we simply wanted it more than them. In fact, tbh we were excellent in the 2nd leg in 2005 bit did we get luck? like fuck! they got all that. We are in the final down to John Arne Riise and the players in the 2nd leg.

People people. One minute grunt is a cunt the next he deserves credit! If we end up trophyless which is still a very real possibility he'll be a cunt again. Think of this, Benitez has one the champions league and got to the final but would any of us want him as Chelsea manager? The answer is no because he isn't good enough to win the league or even a major trophy season upon season. I think under Grant thats how we would be.

Maybe he has done OK recently but the fact is in my view this season we should already have the Carling cup, we should be in the final of the FA cup and strong favourites to win that and we should be in pole position in the league. This season's domestic cup and league competitions have been very weak but as yet we havn't been good enough to exploit that.

Completely agree :smiliecap1:

In my opinion, Grant's progress has been aided by three things - luck, the quality of players at his disposal, and some genuinely brilliant tactical ploys. Whether he devised them or not, the man deserves some credit for beating Arsenal, Everton, United and Liverpool recently.

Great Managers, often have all 3 of that. To say that Fergie is what he is right now without any luck and sheer tactical brilliance would be very foolish. To add to that, Fergie had at his disposals some of the very top players during that era. Same with Jose Mourinho, great team, Same with Wenger. Only thing is Jose never had the luck while he was at Chelsea. Plus, when you think of the fact that Jose got 4 Semi Finals against Rafa, and he couldnt beat him even once, then I wouldnt put that to luck. Jose hardly ever tried to take the game to them. Always played safe, against Big teams. Matches against Pool, FA CP final. But Grant did take th game to them, while playing them in space of 4 days. Credit to him and players. And I hope he will do the same in the finalsand no make a repeat of the Safe Football we played in community sheild and FA Cup.

Someone said something to me the other day and I dont think Ive ever agreed with a comment more than this one: Chelsea pushing harder this year for the title and reaching the CL final (in spite of having as many injuries as last season and ACON) says more about Mourinho's shortcomings than it does about any achievement on Grant's part.