Ricardo Rodriguez

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Fernando said:

If he was available for this price all this time the fact that he will be bought at the end does not sounds good.

Like the option that no one wanted. Does not sounds good to me.

Have you ever seen him play?

By reports his price between € 17-22m ..  Many things doesn't fit right at all in this one. Sources keep saying he's waiting for top 3 clubs. Real Madrid have Marcelo and just brought back Coentrao, Bayern have Alaba and Bernat with Lham, Barselona Alba and Digne... So won't happen. It's strange only unreliable sources from time to time connecting him with Chelsea, Arsenal, United.... If he's that good with price of 17-22m, 10 clubs would go into a public bidding war for him. Plus, his release clause of 20m expired this summer so basically was an easy target for any club.

Once you get your defenders sorted out that you want the more they play together the more they gel and read each other.

Well thats the normal rule eh! But you look at JT/Cahill/Bane and you would think they had only just met - or hated each other and want to fuck each other up!

9 minutes ago, zekinjo said:

By reports his price between € 17-22m ..  Many things doesn't fit right at all in this one. Sources keep saying he's waiting for top 3 clubs. Real Madrid have Marcelo and just brought back Coentrao, Bayern have Alaba and Bernat with Lham, Barselona Alba and Digne... So won't happen. It's strange only unreliable sources from time to time connecting him with Chelsea, Arsenal, United.... If he's that good with price of 17-22m, 10 clubs would go into a public bidding war for him. Plus, his release clause of 20m expired this summer so basically was an easy target for any club.

Have you ever seen him play?

15 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Once you get your defenders sorted out that you want the more they play together the more they gel and read each other.

Well thats the normal rule eh! But you look at JT/Cahill/Bane and you would think they had only just met - or hated each other and want to fuck each other up!

Unstable club politics. Every manager brings something different. Our defense is finished. That's why we're trying to bring top defender for 3 years. Unfortunately right now we don't need only 1, if we're going to push for the titles in PL and CL we need more than just CB or FB..

1 minute ago, zekinjo said:

Unstable clubs politics. Every manager brings something different. Our defense is finished. That's why we're trying to bring top defender for 3 years. Unfortunately right now we don't need only 1, if we're going to push for the titles in PL and CL we need more than just CB or FB..

Oh I totally agree. We need 2 CBs and a LB. Thats even hopefully IF Happy comes back strong and fit. But at least with 1 CB we can get by with the old chaps for back ups.

Then we really have top get the scouts earming their wedge. Maybe having a looksee at Jan sales to see whats occuring. Then come next saeason we got the loanees we can either thro on or buy a more complete player and use him as backup. Choices to be made.

14 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Oh I totally agree. We need 2 CBs and a LB. Thats even hopefully IF Happy comes back strong and fit. But at least with 1 CB we can get by with the old chaps for back ups.

Then we really have top get the scouts earming their wedge. Maybe having a looksee at Jan sales to see whats occuring. Then come next saeason we got the loanees we can either thro on or buy a more complete player and use him as backup. Choices to be made.

Some reports from Napoli said how Conte and Ghoulam Faouzi are talking. His contract expires next year so he can strike a deal in January. CB is a must have. Not some second or fifth option but top class player. Doesn't care if he's celebrity or unknown, just pull that rabbit out of the hat..

5 hours ago, Fernando said:

If he was available for this price all this time the fact that he will be bought at the end does not sounds good.

Like the option that no one wanted. Does not sounds good to me.

It's because he can't defend and he isn't as good going forward as everyone thinks. His stats are heavily inflated because he's a very good set piece taker.

2 hours ago, Gilvorak said:

It's because he can't defend and he isn't as good going forward as everyone thinks. His stats are heavily inflated because he's a very good set piece taker.

I am interested in knowing how you have come up with 'He can't defend' comment here. 

1 minute ago, AK-3001 said:

I am interested in knowing how you have come up with 'He can't defend' comment here. 

Because I watched a lot of him when De Bruyne was a Wolfsburg player and also with Switzerland. He's a horrific defender and is slow as fuck. That's why no big club is interested.

2 hours ago, AK-3001 said:

He's not the greatest defender and isn't exactly the quickest either.

He's a huge upgrade to what we have though

3 hours ago, Gilvorak said:

Because I watched a lot of him when De Bruyne was a Wolfsburg player and also with Switzerland. He's a horrific defender and is slow as fuck. That's why no big club is interested.

I agree. He is not horrible, but not great either. But he is fullback and as long he has advantages, thats fine.

However what bothers me is his pace. For PL, he is nowhere near fast enough. Azpi is not fast either, but very good defender. Take that out and every speedy winger would get past him. 

All that put together, he is still miles better than Iva, but even then wouldnt offer aerial threat. 

If we actualy have that much money, and considering we desperately need fullback, just go for Fabinho. French league players always worked for us and he is all you need. Quick, skilled, quite strong, can even play CM and whenever I saw him, he was one of the most visible players on pitch, trying to do things. He however holds on the ball little too much. 

I would rather make 30m bid for him than RR.

2 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

If we actualy have that much money, and considering we desperately need fullback, just go for Fabinho. French league players always worked for us and he is all you need. Quick, skilled, quite strong, can even play CM and whenever I saw him, he was one of the most visible players on pitch, trying to do things. He however holds on the ball little too much. 

I would rather make 30m bid for him than RR.

Agree with the points raised about RR. Im not that big on him either defensively. 

But why not target another LB. i know there are not many others that jump to mind other than RR, but i put trust in the club's scouting/Conte's team to identify one that can be a solid starter for this team. 

I mean even Conte seems to hate the inconvienance of a right footed left back playing behind Hazard. During the West Ham or Watford match, (can't remember which one) someone even pointed out that Conte at times wasn't happy with how long it took for Azpi to get the ball to Hazard. So much so that against Watford in 2nd half, he had hazard playing on the RW to make that transition easier. 

I know a lot of people rate Fabinho, but that still means Azpi at LB. Im so sick and tired of this inverted fullback nonsense. And most importantly because it's not like we have Guardiola on the sideline doing this for some highly intricate possesion based play. We're simply doing this because we have no one to play LB, so Ivan must continue to start.

That must end by the time this transfer window shuts. 

/rant. 

6 hours ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Agree with the points raised about RR. Im not that big on him either defensively. 

But why not target another LB. i know there are not many others that jump to mind other than RR, but i put trust in the club's scouting/Conte's team to identify one that can be a solid starter for this team. 

I mean even Conte seems to hate the inconvienance of a right footed left back playing behind Hazard. During the West Ham or Watford match, (can't remember which one) someone even pointed out that Conte at times wasn't happy with how long it took for Azpi to get the ball to Hazard. So much so that against Watford in 2nd half, he had hazard playing on the RW to make that transition easier. 

I know a lot of people rate Fabinho, but that still means Azpi at LB. Im so sick and tired of this inverted fullback nonsense. And most importantly because it's not like we have Guardiola on the sideline doing this for some highly intricate possesion based play. We're simply doing this because we have no one to play LB, so Ivan must continue to start.

That must end by the time this transfer window shuts. 

/rant. 

True. 

Or 

-------------------------Tibo------------------------

--------------Azpi-Terry-Zouma-------------

Fabinho-Matuidi-Cesc-Kante-Willian

----------------Hazard-Costa------------------

/dreaming over

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You