Ricardo Rodriguez

If we plan to buy him, then we should do it before WC because in case he does well, the price will go double and Im sure more clubs will be interested...

I think there were rumours about Mou wanting Rodriguez back when he was still in Real and no one realy knew who Rodriguez was, they were saying what will such player do there...look how much Rodriguez improved since and Mou saw sth in him a while ago...now with shaw almost imopossible, I would be surprised if Mou wouldnt go after Ricardo.

Maybe just a thing, Rodriguez doesnt look realy realy fast to me IMO. He is on similar level as Azpi, fast, but not as Shaw, Moreno, Alves, Cole in prime,...and his potential isnt as high as Shaw/Moreno...I can see Shaw and Moreno as one of best LBs if the evolve properly, while Rodriguez is more allround...still atm, he is twice the player than Shaw or Moreno though.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A no-brainer here. Call Wolfsburg, tell them that they can fax you the papers and sign them. You will have the best left-back in the league next season.

Ricardo Rodriguez, Marcelo and Baines are, IMO, the most influential left-backs these days.

Shaw is a great prospect, but this guy is the real deal. You just can't say no to this price tag Wolfsburg has put on him.

It's a reasonable price IMO. Coentrao costed 30M, Shaw will be even more expensive..

I agree with @petre.ispirescu, Rodriguez is very special. I would chose him over Shaw anytime.

Defensively sound, excellent dead ball striker, can beat a man, etc. Has pretty much all the qualities, and then some, you look for in a fullback. Plus he's young and very reasonably priced. Sign him up

If my prayers to the football gods get answered this summer we will add three players this offseason: Ricardo Rodriguez, Paul Pogba and a fucking striker.

Got to be Costa up front, id agree with you fully, think RR and Pogba are awesome players and young. id maybe say we need a CB as well, Mangala or Varane.

Who would you want up front? And what alternatives would you have if we couldn't get Pogba or RR?

Is he really THAT good?

I've watched Wolfsburg about 3 times since KdB went there and he's been decent/average every time, but then a quick glance on whoscored after the match and he has something ridiculous like a 9.5 rating..

He is one of the best young left backs in the world.
Shaw, Sandro and Moreno have also been rumoured to Chelsea, but Rodriguez is the best one at the moment.
Development is rarely linear and we have no idea if Shaw will ever become as good as Rodriguez (or, for that matter, whether he will become twice as good).

Trust me, I too prefer local lads who are supporters of the club, but not at any cost. Especially not when it is required to pay more both for the transfer and wages in order to secure a currently inferior player.

WhoScored has no opinion, it only reports the statistics of the player. If he has a high rating then it is because he has earned it.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You