Nemanja Matic

.Cee

1 hour ago, manpe said:

2014/15 vs. 2015/16. Who doesn't learn from the past is bound to repeat it in the future.

That would be perfect. Just learn from the Past and win the League every Year .. and maybe the CL on top of that.

Football just doesnt work like that and if we kick out Matic, which would be highly stupendous as he is already an integral Part of the Team, for let's say Nainggollan ... and Chelsea fails to win anything next Season .. then who's next to sell fore another, supposedly better, player?

Nainggollan? Kante? Costa? Courtois? Ore let's just try another Coach ... There are many out there anyway.

The Culture of juggling integral Parts for Millions of Dollars instead of shaping Teamunity and developing blind Communication based on the Foundation already present leads Teams to nowhere.

Maybe I'm wrong, and Nainggollan would turn us into a CL Killing Machine next Season ... Dunno .. I just highly doubt it.

12 minutes ago, TheWiz said:

That would be perfect. Just learn from the Past and win the League every Year .. and maybe the CL on top of that.

Football just doesnt work like that and if we kick out Matic, which would be highly stupendous as he is already an integral Part of the Team, for let's say Nainggollan ... and Chelsea fails to win anything next Season .. then who's next to sell fore another, supposedly better, player?

Nainggollan? Kante? Costa? Courtois? Ore let's just try another Coach ... There are many out there anyway.

The Culture of juggling integral Parts for Millions of Dollars instead of shaping Teamunity and developing blind Communication based on the Foundation already present leads Teams to nowhere.

Maybe I'm wrong, and Nainggollan would turn us into a CL Killing Machine next Season ... Dunno .. I just highly doubt it.

Not sure what you're talking about. I didn't say kick out Matic. See the part you quoted from @BlueLyon post and I replied to what you replied to his quote.

This is what he wrote: " His role is certainly still important, so I would definately keep him next season. But we NEED to buy another quality midfielder.
You of course conveniently left out the part where he said he would keep Matic so you could troll with your fake love for the man.

If you don't think we need another quality midfielder then fair enough. If you don't think we need any new players and that this team can sustain success for years to come then you're fucking stupid. Tell me this, if your beloved Matic gets a lengthy injury who replaces him? Chalobah?

5 hours ago, manpe said:

Not sure what you're talking about. I didn't say kick out Matic. See the part you quoted from @BlueLyon post and I replied to what you replied to his quote.

This is what he wrote: " His role is certainly still important, so I would definately keep him next season. But we NEED to buy another quality midfielder.
You of course conveniently left out the part where he said he would keep Matic so you could troll with your fake love for the man.

If you don't think we need another quality midfielder then fair enough. If you don't think we need any new players and that this team can sustain success for years to come then you're fucking stupid. Tell me this, if your beloved Matic gets a lengthy injury who replaces him? Chalobah?

WTF are you talking about? I dont troll, Love ore Fake Love the Guy ... He is just a great Footballer .. and I would not replace him willy-nilly fore some EPL unproven DMs.

I don't even know why you are quoting someone else, I was replying to you when you said ... "Who doesnt learn from the Past, ... bla bla bla" - I mean, It's easy to throw such an empty Phrase right into the Room, but then you could go ahaead and at least explain what you mean.

I didnt say its not necessary fore a Club to reinforce the Squad with fresh Players ... But if you ore anyone else thinks that replacing or benching integral parts of a working Team is necessary, in order to sustain Quality and Success, then you are the stupid ones.

21 minutes ago, TheWiz said:

WTF are you talking about? I dont troll, Love ore Fake Love the Guy ... He is just a great Footballer .. and I would not replace him willy-nilly fore some EPL unproven DMs.

I don't even know why you are quoting someone else, I was replying to you when you said ... "Who doesnt learn from the Past, ... bla bla bla" - I mean, It's easy to throw such an empty Phrase right into the Room, but then you could go ahaead and at least explain what you mean.

I didnt say its not necessary fore a Club to reinforce the Squad with fresh Players ... But if you ore anyone else thinks that replacing or benching integral parts of a working Team is necessary, in order to sustain Quality and Success, then you are the stupid ones.

Ok I'll explain. BlueLyon proposed that we need an additonal midfielder while keeping Matic, you rejected the idea by saying that this very same squad can go on to do great things beyond this season. In 2015 we won the league, the following summer we didn't strengthen except for Pedro. Finished 10th. Not to mention seasons further in the past where we refused to upgrade our squad that used to win things, but struggled in later years. Mourinho or somebody said that if you don't bring in new blood every year, the squad becomes stale and too comfortable. I didn't say anything about kicking Matic out, neither did BlueLyon.

You didn't answer. If we keep this same squad next year, who replaces Matic when he is out for months? We've been lucky this year, he has always been available, but we have seen what happens when you take away one or two key players from our starting XI.

24 minutes ago, manpe said:

. I didn't say anything about kicking Matic out, neither did BlueLyon.

You didn't answer. If we keep this same squad next year, who replaces Matic when he is out for months? We've been lucky this year, he has always been available, but we have seen what happens when you take away one or two key players from our starting XI.

Your right, others did.

As fore your Question ... Well, Conte could bring in some good prospects fore that Position ... but in my Opinion the Way Matic provides Security and Vision in Midfield, I can't see anyone who can adequately replace him.

In my Opinion Conte shackled him into a much too defensive Role anyway, holding back his Playmaker Potential - As he got both. But then again, who am I to judge .. I am just another Sofa Professional from the Forum.

TBS ... There are already Rotational Options in our Squad ... Zouma, Ake, Luiz, Kante, Chalobah ... can all fill in, if necessary in all kinds of Line-Up Variations.

Your right, others did.
As fore your Question ... Well, Conte could bring in some good prospects fore that Position ... but in my Opinion the Way Matic provides Security in Midfield, I can't see anyone who can adequately replace him.
TBS ... There are already Rotational Options in our Squad ... Zouma, Ake, Luiz, Kante, Chalobah ... can all fill in, if necessary in all kinds of Line-Up Variations.

I respect your opinion that Matic stays in starting xi. And you also cleared up that you have nothing against Conte bringing in a prospect, okay. But the options from our current squad you mentioned... Not good enough for PL, CL and cups. So we do need a midfielder who can play Nemanja's role, either as backup or starter, that's up to Conte and the players to battle it out among themselves.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Seems to be a bit of 'confidence' player. Yesterday he played far better than how he did in the Spurs game, especially with crowd encouraging him to shoot.

You can even see it in the way he tries to pass.. Takes 2-3 extra touches before releasing the ball, mainly because he doesn't seem to have the confidence to release it first time (to attackers like Hazard or Diego). But yesterday's game he seemed to improve a lot better in that aspect. Either that, or he's just more comfortable playing like that when he's in a midfield 3 rather than in a midfield of just him and Kante.

Another solid Performance by Matic.

Marshalled the Midfield and Shielded the Defence as great as we know it from him.

Sill don't like him being shackled so defensively ... Would like to see more of his Vision and Creativity upfront, but its Contes Choice.

1 hour ago, TheWiz said:

Another solid Performance by Matic.

Marshalled the Midfield and Shielded the Defence as great as we know it from him.

Sill don't like him being shackled so defensively ... Would like to see more of his Vision and Creativity upfront, but its Contes Choice.

I think he was just okay. Nothing like a great performance from what I was watching. A good performance is what wayanma did against arsenal today, not giving away easy passes and looking slow on the ball. 

Wow :)

although we could certainly improve on him esp in technique, he had a good game today.

No not great in possession, only Ok. Though he deserves a lot of credit for the dominance we had in midfield today.

comcerning Wanyama, well I spotted him when he was playing in Scotland while we were still insisting with the likes of mikel. Matic still edges him in the physical side, but wanyama is certainly the more technical and more pacey player.

47 minutes ago, Robguima said:

Wow :)

although we could certainly improve on him esp in technique, he had a good game today.

No not great in possession, only Ok. Though he deserves a lot of credit for the dominance we had in midfield today.

comcerning Wanyama, well I spotted him when he was playing in Scotland while we were still insisting with the likes of mikel. Matic still edges him in the physical side, but wanyama is certainly the more technical and more pacey player.

Wanyama has improved a lot technically under Pochettino. Always showed flashes of technical quality but was lacking that edge - seems to have developed that under Mauricio now. Top player. Love massive athletic midfielders with good technical quality tbh. 

55 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Wanyama has improved a lot technically under Pochettino. Always showed flashes of technical quality but was lacking that edge - seems to have developed that under Mauricio now. Top player. Love massive athletic midfielders with good technical quality tbh. 

Perhaps, but the flashes were there. Reckon he improved more the mental aspects than technique really, technique is the hardest attribute to improve on.

That's when you acquire good players -- when they need to improve in some areas -- not when they are expensive or unsellable. That's one of the reasons I think we cannot compete in Europe.

BTW, I still think that defensively Wanyama isn't that great compared with matic esp physically in tight spaces (as seen in the fa cup match).

Matic is a good player. We have a lot of good players on the squad, but not many great players.

He didn't have that good of a game. He was okay. Again, highlighting the fact, that we have no midfield presence given the massive holes he leaves to be exploited.  Any decent attacking side would benefit from it. He managed to missplace a lot of simple passes too. Goal has given him some confidence, but he has to be moved/improved on.