• Ramires
    • Hazard
    • Oscar
    • Willian
    • Torres
    • Mikel (sub)
    • Schurrle (sub)
    • Essien (sub)

I'm amazed to read some negative comments on here after our superb win over Hull today. Okay, our first half performance was lukewarm, but we were like the bullfighter, just probing for their weakness and I was 100% sure we would score in the second half. Remember Hull are not the pushover they used to be some seasons ago and what we did to them today was a very efficient, professional and workmanlike performance and I for one was very happy with the 0-2 scoreline. We are starting to slip into gear now and if we maintain the level of performance we have provided in our last couple of games I'd say the future looks bright.very bright.

I think we can beat anyone at the moment........Well done Jose :D They are starting to put in the type of performance you demand

That's because some people are not only fixated on results but also analyse performance. I'm not seeing anything at the moment apart from high pressing off the ball, which isn't sufficient to garner praise, to suggests we are progressing and moving in the right direction.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very sloppy in the first half but did well in the second half to get the goals without really having to click into first gear. Superb goal from Hazard to break the deadlock and once again, our defence have looked solid. Perhaps it's due to Hull's weak attacking issues but we hardly gave them a sniff apart from our charitable mood in giving the ball to them. It's now 5 clean sheets in the last 6 games. We kept 5 in 14 games before that. So, that's an improvement.

That's because some people are not only fixated on results but also analyse performance. I'm not seeing anything at the moment apart from high pressing off the ball, which isn't sufficient to garner praise, to suggests we are progressing and moving in the right direction.

Do you not think that we have progressed from the Newcastle and Stoke away performances ? I think we have tightened it up at the back and seem to have gained a little more purpose and while I fully agree that we are not the "finished article" I think we are on the right road to get there. So today for me was a great result and a good performance. Rome wasn't built in a day

Still. . . . Essien is still a better midfielder and midfield option.

Nah, i don't think so.

This game did show the little things Mikel does and is unnecessarily criticized for - like making simple sideways passes and doing so at a high percentage, yet Luiz and Ramires miss these passes under little pressure.

Back to Essien though, i don't think he has the legs to keep up. Luiz made up for his sloppy passes with his defensive contribution - he got his head to the ball many times, played aggressively and won the ball back more than a few times.

Lahm is one the most versatile players of all time and Pep played him in midfield in one game where they were short of options due to injuries to their midfielders which also coincided with the sale of Gustavo to wolfsburg. Luiz is no where near as versatile or as technically and tactically gifted as lahm. Atleast pep had a genuine excuse for playing a defender in midfield. what was jose's when we had a fully fit mikel (coming off the back of a solid game against derby nobody) and Essien at his disposal.

DL played in the middle against Liverpool winning us the center of the pitch - directly involved in the setup of the second goal. Now once again today he's the one with a quick flick to Cole who sets up Hazard. Mikel has never been able to do that.

Going to the market for a proper world class CM is one thing, but comparing DL contribution in the middle to the likes of Essien (former great player) and Mikel (consistently below average) is essentially ignoring facts, which are the measurable contributions DL has been able to provide from the center of the pitch (last season too).

So, Jose is the second (in a row) manager to play Luiz in the midfield, but you are saying he did not have a genuine excuse to do that... Perhaps, you know, Jose and you don't really agree on Luiz?! :)

according to you David Luiz is not technically nor tactically gifted, not versatile... and yet, the top clubs want him and we slap a 35m price tag on this awful player. So, all the players you like ahead of him, are much less valuable players in the market. One of them doesn't even get to play cup matches.

The world must not make any sense through your eyes.

We were kinda poor at first half, but i'm getting used to it lately...

MOTM goes clearly to hazard, and i'm starting to think, where will he stops? winning match on his own?

Last matches finally showed we are really getting stronger, and we possibly can win title this year, with bit of luck or with adding a bit of strenght to our squad in this transfer period ( bring matic or somehow make lampard young again :cry: )

His passing was horrible. He missed a couple easy passes and never connected a long pass.

He made up for it defensively though for me, he intercepted many balls and dominated in the air when needed.

He did, Amazing Pass to Hazard who made his only mistake of the game not controlling it , if he had controlled it he was one on one with the defender!

He did, Amazing Pass to Hazard who made his only mistake of the game not controlling it , if he had controlled it he was one on one with the defender!

So 1 good pass out of the many unsuccessful ones he attempted somehow constitutes a good passing game or strengthens Luiz case in midfield? some logic that.

Luiz completed 78% of his passes and contributed 16 clearances. He also provided four interceptions and won 10 headers. He helped Ashley Cole out alot on the left. He had a good game and his distribution is better than Obi's. I love him as Chelsea great but Essien is a shadow of the Bison.

Luiz completed 78% of his passes and contributed 16 clearances. He also provided four interceptions and won 10 headers. He helped Ashley Cole out alot on the left. He had a good game and his distribution is better than Obi's. I love him as Chelsea great but Essien is a shadow of the Bison.

how dare you bringing facts in this la la land of a thread....

I think we should just hand the 3 points back to hull, after a formal apology for playing ugly football, to satisfy some of the crazies around here.