• Lampard
    • Ramires
    • Oscar
    • Hazard
    • Eto'o
    • Ba (sub)
    • Schurrle (sub)
    • Essien (sub)

So much depth in our squad! Willian 30 million pound man on the bench with juan mata our best player in the last two season and also schurlle the 3 of them will be in the starting eleven in any other bpl team for sure.

and i forgot to mention KDB who is seems to be out of jose plans. do you think oscar is our best player so far this season?

Oscar is our best player this season for me, without doubt.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it all depends on the manager and your team. i remember demel going past azpi-hazard and then frank in the 80th or so minute. this is just to point out that hazard was defending deep even in the 80th minute and not taking things lightly. and a big cheers to him for that.

compare this to city. their front 4 have been set to just play attacking football. nasri/navas/silva dont help their fullbacks the way our wingers do, not even half of it.look at oscar and how deep he plays sometimes to help our pivot, u dont see that with aguero. and i feel this is one of the main reasons for city's pathetic away form. u can argue that we have not been much better than them away from home but our away fixtures so far have been tough (united, everton, spurs, newcastle) compared to city's (cardiff,sunderland,villa,stoke and just one good team in us). inspite of these fixtures we have managed to rack up more points.

so as i see, its the way, u r setup to play that will be the difference. mazacar played all this fancy football last year but at what cost? i personally would rather see us grinding winS than see us play beautiful football in one game and then losing the next one.

Fair point :)

Good call on City's away matches - you would have expected them to beat those teams - and I guess their midfield did look poor against the Spuds, just lucky the Spuds couldn't score in a brothel at the moment...

It's a tough call though - 50% of me wants to win at all costs, the other 50% wants to see flamboyant attacking football... I guess this is where Roman got to a few years back.. :)

Oh well - let's see what happens next match - like I said - I'm probably expecting too much... I did go back and watch his opening 4 games last season and he is a different player this season.

Goals, Lampard 2, Oscar 1

Penalties won Oscar 1, Lampard 0

Passing - Lampard 85%-Oscar 71%,

Key Passes-Lampard 4, Oscar-3

Crosses-Lampard 33%, Oscar 0%

Long balls-Lampard 3/3, Oscar 1/1

Tackles-Oscar 7, Lampard 3,

Fouls-Oscar 3, Lampard 0

Interceptions-Lampard 1, Oscar, 0

Dribbles-Lampard 1, Oscar, 0

Clearances- Lampard 4, Oscar 1

Dispossessed and turnovers- Oscar 4-, Lampard 0

Statistically, Lampard had a much better game and in reality yes, he was excellent. Both whoscored and Sqwaka gave Lampard easily MOTM and he would have had so even without his second goal. You also act as if Oscar created things by himself as if Hazard's beautiful flick didn't sent him alone on net. (Lampard's pass set that up BTW) . Oscar is also a fine pick for MOTM, he was great, but I'm sick of people always downplaying Lampard's play. (For Lampard, great games become good games, good games become mediocre games, and mediocre games become awful games)