• Ramires
    • Oscar
    • Hazard
    • Eto'o
    • Ba (sub)
    • Schurrle (sub)
    • Essien (sub)

That wasn't such a bad team selection after all, now was it? :P

Midfield was again so much better with Mikel in it and Ramires was a winger only on paper, in reality he was fucking everywhere and did a great job today. Hell, even Lampard had an excellent match and that's something we haven't seen in a while. Hazard and Oscar both great and the only thing lacking in Eto's performance today was a goal but I feel he will get in on Tuesday.

Maybe a three man midfield is the way to go? Could consist of Mikel, Ramires and one of Lampard, Oscar or maybe even De Bruyne if only he could force his way back into the squad. That would leave players like Hazard, Schürrle and Willian to bomb up and down the wings. Mata obviously the one who unfortunately wouldn't really fit anywhere in a formation like that but we can't stick with something that hasn't worked too well lately just to accommodate one player.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frank Lampard: "I'll play anywhere for this manager. Once we went ahead our football was superb. We should have scored more."

their bromance is cute, but for God's sake, Mourinho, we don't want to see Lamps everywhere, but just where he played today.

I voted for Oscar, but Hazard was second for me.

Hazard really has improved on the defensive side of the ball and he looked rather energetic and lively this game..

Congrats to Essien for his cameo! I miss the OLD BISON!

Normal service has been resumed :dance: Absolutely delighted with that performance. Oscar was superb, but each and every player has played his part tonight. We closed them down at every opportunity, and the passion, hunger and commitment shown here really bodes well for the future. Best game I've seen them play in the League this season.

And West Ham?.......................MIND THE GAP :fainthv9:

so here goes my feelings about the match (will try to keep it short, :lol:)

Mourinho is a genius and I'm a worshiper in his altar when it comes to football praising. That formation was brilliant and I finally understood why he used it with Ramires instead of any of the AMs we had. This match was all about interchanging.

4-2-3-1, 4-3-3, make your pick because we interchanged between the two formations, but unlike other matches it had nothing to do with attacking one way, defending the other. It was like a cyclone, we just rotated it and Lampard and Ramires took turns going forward, although the two of them went at the same time many times (I guess the latter only happened because West Ham was a no-show, otherwise, I think they would stick to interchanging). That's something Wilian, for example, can't do, because he isn't a CM and Ramires is. It's also very clever from Mourinho because he capitalizes the best in Lampard and exposes his weaknesses much less than playing him fixed in the pivot.

We've talked before about the AMs interchange and how it confuses the defense, but I think one of the reasons West Ham struggled so much was because we confused them with the 4-2-3-1 interchange in attacking phases and with Lampard and Ramires both playing mainly centered, creating all kind of havoc in their defense. This is variation in a whole new level - one I haven't seen in our team before. We've rotated AMs, we've rotated the pivot and we've rotated the system.

As a first time experience we were helped by WHU inability to react and combat that. Poor Sam even did two, not only one, changes in 1st time trying to find a response, but were were just too good for his weak side to handle. I think if we give this formation a few more chances, it can be sharpened and it might be our best option. I just hope Mourinho doesn't bring it to Souton because I think they'll handle better with it, and it may expose us, but it's a great alternative to be our main formation for the season.

Hazard was amazing in the first half. Now that's what I call a player who creates chances. I didn't check the stats, but if they tell me he was the most creative player for us, I co-sign. He played liked I expect him to be and like I've been waiting him to play and I hope he can carry on and keep improving. It was a shame he didn't score.

Oscar was my MOTM. His passing is still a bit off - to his own standards - and he missed a few easy passes, but he was everywhere, tacking, intercepting, being the perfect AM if you ask me because he also created or contributed for others to create. That's the thing with Oscar playing for us. He helps us dictate matches. He may not be the one that creates us the most chances, but he's the only that undoubtedly creates opportunities for others to create chances simply because he presses, he intercepts, he recovers possession, he starts counter-attacks, he passes the ball smartly to players that will find themselves in the position to assist others. And he's been improving considerably in the wing this season. If my memory doesn't betray me, he had his best match in the RW for us in the many cameos he made in that zone today.

Azpilicueta must start. Even playing in the opposite wing, he still managed that great cross for Oscar, and today he was better in the attack than I expected. In the defense he was a MONSTER. Seriously, if I didn't give my MOTM to Oscar I'd give it to Azpili, although Lampard and Hazard were also in contest. So good to see Lamps being played in a position that allows him to give us his best contributions. Mikel was flawless in the pivot and I'd say that's the way to go. Mourinho made me eat my words about the lineup (I had problems with Ramires in the RW) and I'll think twice before bitching about his lineups and just wait and see what he's cooked. Lesson learned.

so here goes my feelings about the match (will try to keep it short, :lol:)

Mourinho is a genius and I'm a worshiper in his altar when it comes to football praising. That formation was brilliant and I finally understood why he used it with Ramires instead of any of the AMs we had. This match was all about interchanging.

4-2-3-1, 4-3-3, make your pick because we interchanged between the two formations, but unlike other matches it had nothing to do with attacking one way, defending the other. It was like a cyclone, we just rotated it and Lampard and Ramires took turns going forward, although the two of them went at the same time many times (I guess the latter only happened because West Ham was a no-show, otherwise, I think they would stick to interchanging). That's something Wilian, for example, can't do, because he isn't a CM and Ramires is. It's also very clever from Mourinho because he capitalizes the best in Lampard and exposes his weaknesses much less than playing him fixed in the pivot.

We've talked before about the AMs interchange and how it confuses the defense, but I think one of the reasons West Ham struggled so much was because we confused them with the 4-2-3-1 interchange in attacking phases and with Lampard and Ramires both playing mainly centered, creating all kind of havoc in their defense. This is variation in a whole new level - one I haven't seen in our team before. We've rotated AMs, we've rotated the pivot and we've rotated the system.

As a first time experience we were helped by WHU inability to react and combat that. Poor Sam even did two, not only one, changes in 1st time trying to find a response, but were were just too good for his weak side to handle. I think if we give this formation a few more chances, it can be sharpened and it might be our best option. I just hope Mourinho doesn't bring it to Souton because I think they'll handle better with it, and it may expose us, but it's a great alternative to be our main formation for the season.

Hazard was amazing in the first half. Now that's what I call a player who creates chances. I didn't check the stats, but if they tell me he was the most creative player for us, I co-sign. He played liked I expect him to be and like I've been waiting him to play and I hope he can carry on and keep improving. It was a shame he didn't score.

Oscar was my MOTM. His passing is still a bit off - to his own standards - and he missed a few easy passes, but he was everywhere, tacking, intercepting, being the perfect AM if you ask me because he also created or contributed for others to create. That's the thing with Oscar playing for us. He helps us dictate matches. He may not be the one that creates us the most chances, but he's the only that undoubtedly creates opportunities for others to create chances simply because he presses, he intercepts, he recovers possession, he starts counter-attacks, he passes the ball smartly to players that will find themselves in the position to assist others. And he's been improving considerably in the wing this season. If my memory doesn't betray me, he had his best match in the RW for us in the many cameos he made in that zone today.

Azpilicueta must start. Even playing in the opposite wing, he still managed that great cross for Oscar, and today he was better in the attack than I expected. In the defense he was a MONSTER. Seriously, if I didn't give my MOTM to Oscar I'd give it to Azpili, although Lampard and Hazard were also in contest. So good to see Lamps being played in a position that allows him to give us his best contributions. Mikel was flawless in the pivot and I'd say that's the way to go. Mourinho made me eat my words about the lineup (I had problems with Ramires in the RW) and I'll think twice before bitching about his lineups and just wait and see what he's cooked. Lesson learned.

It´s unbelievably short. You could have added a bit more, I feel.

Some of us questioned the lineup, but Chelsea played well & WH played shit.