Grant has Lost it!

Avram Grant has admitted that Steven Gerrard is the player he admires most in the Premier League.

The Chelsea boss believes that the Liverpool skipper should walk away with the PFA and European Player of the Year awards this season, and has revealed that he would love to take the England international to Stamford Bridge.

Gerrard came close to joining the Blues on two occasions when Grant's predecessor Jose Mourinho was in charge of the West London club, but eventually decided to stay with his hometown club.

Grant feels that the Reds midfielder has become an even better player since then after being given the licence to roam behind Spanish striker Fernando Torres and insists that it is Gerrard, not Manchester United's Cristiano Ronaldo, who can now rightfully claim to be the best player in Europe.

Favourite

"Gerrard is a great player and a great person," the Blues manager told the News of the World.

"For me he is the player of the year in England and maybe in Europe because of the influence he has on the team.

"He's very good, I like him very much as a player. And I know him, he is a nice guy, a positive guy and he is an example for many people.

"Unfortunately he plays against me, not with me, but he is still my favourite player.

"I'm not surprised he is playing up front with Fernando Torres now because I think he can play in many positions.

"In that position he probably feels more free. Tactically, it's not easy to play against this position."

With a rumoured £100million transfer budget set to be made available by club owner Roman Abramovich this summer, Grant admits that, if he became available, Gerrard would be his No. 1 target.

"If you can bring him to me I will be happy," he said.

Tactical

The under-fire coach will come face-to-face with Gerrard on Tuesday when Chelsea travel to Anfield for the first leg of their UEFA Champions League semi-final.

It is the third time in four years that the two sides have met at this stage of the competition, and Grant is confident that he can go one better that Mourinho and take the Blues to their first final.

"The last games were too tactical," he said.

"I think that football needs to be tactical but not too tactical.

"You need freedom to play. Football goes two steps when people start to talk of details but now we need the next step, to give players the freedom to think because they have the responsibility they didn't have 10 years ago.

"So I am trying with my team to give them the freedom to think with responsibility."

a.top_betting_link_1 {background-image: url('http://images.skysports.com/images/fixturecal/icons/fix-bet.gif');background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:0% 50%;padding-left:18px;}

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Source: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11945_3449434,00.html

I mean WTF...GERRAD a DREAM SIGNING?

And then he adds that Gerrad should win PFA and world player of the year award ahead of Ronaldo. No matter how much i hate that gay,i still think he should win both the awards hands down. But Grant thinks otherwise.

Had I been Lampard, That piece of shit is the last thing i would ever want to hear. My own manager calling Gerrad of all the people his dream signing.

I completely agree. This is a huge fuck you to Lampard, if we lose Frank over this I will be even more livid, because there's no way we're gonna get Gerrard to replace him. No doubt Grant was attempting the mind games ahead of the Champions League crash, but it may backfire on us big time.

Maybe it's really his type of mind-game, trying to target their key-player and make him uncomfortable and too confident.

But it's a big fuck you to Lampard, yes. I hate Grant more and more every day. He probably read from The Shit that he will get 100mill to play with and he thought "Goodie, I like the red divah' from that The Beatles town. I buy him !"

I completely agree. This is a huge fuck you to Lampard, if we lose Frank over this I will be even more livid, because there's no way we're gonna get Gerrard to replace him. No doubt Grant was attempting the mind games ahead of the Champions League crash, but it may backfire on us big time.

I agree with you. I believe Grant is trying to 'big up' Gerrard before the match, putting pressure on him to peform. As you say, it can easily backfire.

Grant playing mind games ? -probably as good as he is managing

He is trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes again though ''Judge me on my results''

It's not your results you fucking sack of shit, it's Clarkes and the players.

Grant playing mind games ? -probably as good as he is managing

He is trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes again though ''Judge me on my results''

It's not your results you fucking sack of shit, it's Clarkes and the players.

Yes perhaps he needs to rephrase that, it's Clarke, Cate and the players managing this club at the moment - Grant has little do with it I'll wager.