Mourinho Wants Chelsea Final Appearance

Jose Mourinho is backing former club Chelsea to exact their revenge on Liverpool in the semi-finals of the UEFA Champions League.

Chelsea - with Mourinho at the helm - twice lost to Liverpool in the final four in Europe as Luis Garcia's controversial winner edged out the Blues in 2005, while a penalty shoot-out was required to separate the two Premier League rivals in 2007.

Mourinho made a shock departure from Stamford Bridge in September last year and he has since been replaced by Avram Grant, but the Portuguese is still backing his former players to avenge their previous eliminations at the hands of the Reds.

"I don't know who will win," he said. "I think always between big teams the result is a question mark. I want Chelsea," Mourinho told The Times ahead of Tuesday's first leg at Anfield.

No problem

"Mathematically it's possible. I want them to win. Yes, for the fans, for the players, yes, for the friends I have in the club.

"And when I say friends I include the board. I have no problems with Peter (Kenyon, the chief executive) or Roman (Abramovich, the owner). I always support my friends."

Mourinho has also confirmed that he will be back in management next season, but he has refused to be drawn on his likely destination.

Internazionale are rumoured to be keen to replace current boss Roberto Mancini, but Mourinho is keeping his cards close to his chest.

Managerial return

"I will be somewhere next season," Mourinho added. "I've not agreed anything but it's a good time for me for many reasons.

"I have no contact with clubs. They know where I am. They know the kind of clubs I want, the level of challenge I want. When the leagues finish that's when they make decisions.

"I had some good options this month. Some good clubs and some good countries."

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mourinho is the best. He backs his club, of course. In the board list he didn't include Buck, Arnesen nor Grant. Well done, they are fuckers.

I hope Chelsea players will do it for you TSO. Grant isn't worth fighting for.

Mourinho is the best. He backs his club, of course. In the board list he didn't include Buck, Arnesen nor Grant. Well done, they are fuckers.

I hope Chelsea players will do it for you TSO. Grant isn't worth fighting for.

Lol he wants us to get to the final..never said wants us to win it :P

That is the only thing he failed to do at this club. Beat Liverpool in the Semi's of the UCL. But his players are fucking gonna do it for JOSE MOURINHO!!...THE SPECIAL FUCKING ONE!!....HAd I been the captian, i would tell my players this very same thing before the match.

Well I can't believe the players would ever try to win this thing for Grant. They seem to be playing more for themselves than anyone else and the remaining gas of what spirit Jose left behind.

I would love to see the fans reaction if he ever came back as a rival manager - man that would be something to hear and see. I will always respect and admire him tremendously and support him whichever club he ends up at - as long at they never play us!

I'm glad Jose is willing us on both in the CL and PL. I don't think he thinks we can beat Man Utd for the title by the way he said "mathmatically possible" - I agree we can't.

CL is another matter, it's a knock out comp so anything can happen, I wonder what his thoughts would be if Grant won it basically with what is HIS team and probably using his tactics.

Jesus talk about irony and Grant will be lauded for it.

Edited by pluto

£20 million quid and a gagging order probably makes him say that Abramovich is a friend.

I doubt it. Jose would rather say nothing at all about something like that than lie about it, especially if the complete opposite was the truth. Although he has only mentioned Kenyon (who it is well know was right behind Jose and against him leaving) and Roman. Could it be that Jose blames someone(s) else for what happened??

He might blame it on Buck and Grant... He didn't mention them. Is Arnesen a neutral or is he in the conspiracy also ? :P

It's still impossible to know what happened behind the curtains, so everything we or the media says, is pure speculation. What Chelsea and Jose say are pure crap (hiding the real happenings). So it is one of those things which will be forgotten in time and nobody will think about it. Silence is their key... A classical way to keep peoples' noses out.

Edited by manpe

I find it very interesting that he still says he is closr to Roman and includes him as a friend ect.. Oh how we would all dearly love to know what actually happened!!!

may be he knows someone who tried to flush romans mind with how jose is bad fo Chelsea.. and roman conceeded to pressure from all round..

£20 million quid and a gagging order probably makes him say that Abramovich is a friend.

too much arrogance and ego, even for all that money, to say such things..

may be he doesnt wanna rule out a return, later in his career,

may be he knows there were others who forced the decision onto roman..

I have a feeling Arnesen and Grant are the two people not on Jose's Christmas card list, he never though much of Arnesen and his "work" on the youth squad and he was and is meant to have a hell of a lot of influence with Roman and then there is Grant - say no more.

The fact he has mentioned Roman, Buck and Kenyon and called them friends when he has no reason to, makes me believe that he genuinely means what he says - Jose would not bother otherwise if he held bitter feelings towards them.

The fact he just coldly dismisses Grant but says warm things about the rest of the board makes me feel that he accepts there had to be a parting of the ways, is sad it happened but still likes and respect Roman et al (he knew them for three years remember) - but perhaps does not agree with Roman's views on how to manage a football club so much.

Hope he's proud of his team tomorrow night - because it truly is still his team in all but name.

Edited by pluto