Aston Villa - Opposition Views 2

CHOULO19

The guys over at AVillaFan were kind enough to answer a few short questions regarding our match today. Here is what they had to say:

-You were involved in a relegation battle last season but have managed to keep hold of your start player. What are your expectations for this season?
Sacro- Our form toward the end of last season and in pre-season, and now after Saturday, suggests we could finish in the top half quite comfortably. Lots of goals for Benteke.
AnneMc- I'm expecting an improved finish and am hopeful we'll stay clear of the relegation dogfight now the younger players have gelled and we have more depth to the squad. A decent cup run would be nice.
Jayemdubbya- 8-12th
-Brilliant result in the first round against Arsenal. What did you make of that performance and how important, psychologically, is that first game of the season?
Sacro- Great result. Despite all the Gooners moaning about the ref i thought we played particularly well, especially in the second half. We were hungrier than they were. I think it will be a massive confidence boost for the lads, we just don't want a repeat of last season when we faced off against you after a great win.
AnneMc- It was a great start to our season and it was good to see Gabby (Agbonlahor) playing so well. The midfield looked better. There were, however, defensive deficiencies that need to be addressed and the defenders will need to be on top of their game tomorrow night. Psychologically, the win should have given the lads a boost as it was third time lucky after opening day defeats in London for the past two seasons but there's no room for complacency.
Jayemdubbya- Big win and showed we have carried our late season form from last season into this season.
-What have you made of the signings Villa have made so far? And would you like to see more signings before the end of the window?
Sacro- Signings look brilliant, Tonev has been the stand out in pre-season, but i expect big things from Okore (more about him in the next answer) and Luna looked like a striker the way he sped down the pitch and put our third away at the Emirates.
AnneMc- Good to see Lambert adding depth to the squad. Was great to see Luna so delighted to have scored against Arsenal. Think Okore could be one to watch.
Jayemdubbya- Love them, especially Tony Moon. I think he will stabilize the LB position for us. I also expect Okore to supplant Vlaar as CB next to Baker by the end if the season.
-Benteke is obviously the man in form, but who else should we look out for tomorrow?
Sacro- Okore. I have a sneaky suspicion he was left on the bench and rested against Arsenal specifically to face you lot. If the rumors are true, he turned you down in Jan, and just look at how he played against you in the CL. Could be a great turn by Lambert.
AnneMc- Agbonlahor will cause problems if he plays like he did on Saturday. Guzan will make it as difficult as he can for your lot to score but no man is an island.
Jayemdubbya- Everyone. Lambert goes for young hungry players and those who can make an impact. Low risk/High Reward. I don't write if any player as just a "squad player".......except for Vlaar and KEA maybe. LOL
-Our biggest signing of the summer was Jose Mourinho. What do you make of the Portuguese manager in general and his return to Chelsea in particular?
Sacro- I like Mourinho, but i hate the way the press won't shut the f*ck up about him. It really is The Mourinho Show on match days and i think that's worrying. Put it this way, on Thursday morning, Aston Villa either have beat Mourinho or lost against him, and the 11 players on the pitch will be a second thought for the inner back pages.
AnneMc- He's an odd one. He's certainly entertaining but his arrogance may be his downfall and he gets far too much airtime. Watched your game and it seemed he hadn't meddled too much with Rafa's formation but was demanding a higher tempo and a more attacking style. It was Hull City Tigers though so we'll see soon enough the impact he has.
Jayemdubbya- Great manager, but I do wonder if he's lost it a bit. How much that spell in Madrid took out of him. If he doesn't live up to expectations at Chelsea, who will the fans call for?
-What do you make of the current Chelsea team? Good enough to be challenging for the title or not quite?
Sacro- You will probably win the league. Very strong side. It's you or City.
AnneMc- They should be able to put up a good fight for the title if key players stay fit and if the defense gets tightened up. Not sure if you'll buy a defender before the window closes (should be able to buy several since you charge away fans £55...) or just go all out for Rooney but some fresh blood at the back would improve your chances of silverware.
Jayemdubbya- I mean this in all seriousness: you need to move on past Terry, Cole, Cech, and Lampard. I think they hold the club back. Still very good players, but I think there are better ones being held back. Curtois is a top class keeper, don't ruin the relationship there.
IMO, Chelsea will be much better off in the long run to move on. Got some very good younger options there.
-If you could have one Chelsea player at Villa, who would it be and why?
Sacro- Hazard.. or Mata... or Lampard.. hazard would probably convince Benteke to stay and vice versa so i'll go with him.
AnneMc- Mata because he's so decisive but I kept an eye on DeBruyne when he was on loan. He did well and I'll be very interested to see how he does for you this season. I appreciate he has quite a lot of competition.
Jayemdubbya- Mata. The best in the prem at what he does, and a position of need at Villa. Wouldn't mind De Bruyne either.
-What line-up and formation would we most likely see from Villa on Wednseday?
Sacro- Guzan, Lowton, Okore, Vlaar, Luna, Sylla, Delph, Tonev, Agbonlahor, Weimann, Benteke.
AnneMc- Think we'll get the same starting line-up as Arsenal, with Clark in for the injured Baker, and 4-3-3 or the versatile 4-2-3-1 most likely formations with those players.
Jayemdubbya- 4-3-3
-Finally, please predict the result.
Sacro- 8-0 Villa. Maybe 9 accounting for interest.
AnneMc- I'll predict a 2-2 draw because I never predict Villa will lose - but think that score's a bit optimistic. I'll live as long as it's nothing like the scoreline at the end of our last visit to Stamford Bridge.
Jayemdubbya- 2-2.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Silly thing to say.

It really isn't. If anything it was stupid of him to broach it because it had no relevance to the question posed to said person.

Mind you the person is a woman, so not surprised that she is moaning....typical.

It really isn't. If anything it was stupid of him to broach it because it had no relevance to the question posed to said person.

Mind you the person is a woman, so not surprised that she is moaning....typical.

as if the previous comment wasn't silly enough, you had to make it worse.

as if the previous comment wasn't silly enough, you had to make it worse.

I am sure it is a misunderstanding

ute5emy6.jpg

:Goober:

On the £55 ticket price, they don't have to pay it, they have a choice to stay at fucking home, it's simple.

I'm sure it was just a joke, mate. Not to get off topic, but would you be upset if we decrease ticket prices?

I'm sure it was just a joke, mate. Not to get off topic, but would you be upset if we decrease ticket prices?

If the club see fit to do so, then fine. Me personally I would pay it anyway, I'm not one to moan about prices, they are there for a reason, right?

If the club see fit to do so, then fine. Me personally I would pay it anyway, I'm not one to moan about prices, they are there for a reason, right?

Well, a lot of top teams manage to keep their ticket prices down while not affecting their budgets, so it's not impossible to have lower ticket prices. The point was that you took that a bit too personally. It was just a joking remark.

Not wanting to drive this thread off topic but just because the club see fit to set the ticket prices as it is, it doesn't mean they are right and every fans should not moan about it because they have the right to do so.

And anyway, to associate women with being typical of moaning seems a tad...typical and somewhat disrespectful. If anything, guys also probably moan and complain as much these days, if not more than women and in this case, I don't see what's wrong with fans, guys or girls, moaning about ticket prices.

Everyone moans, I phrase it like that because I see fit.

I seriously wouldn't throw my toys out of the pram like some have if someone said "Typical bloke, moaning" I tell this missus all the time to stop fucking moaning, doesn't mean I am being disrespectful, I'm telling her to stop moaning.

It's a throw away comment and cannot believe how offended some of you are taking this, seriously get a grip.

I apologies if I have offended anyone, but cannot for the life of me see how.

Everyone moans, I phrase it like that because I see fit.

I seriously wouldn't throw my toys out of the pram like some have if someone said "Typical bloke, moaning" I tell this missus all the time to stop fucking moaning, doesn't mean I am being disrespectful, I'm telling her to stop moaning.

It's a throw away comment and cannot believe how offended some of you are taking this, seriously get a grip.

I apologies if I have offended anyone, but cannot for the life of me see how.

I kinda agree ... Political correctness has gone so far in this that 'you don't understand because you are a guy - men as all alike - all you think about is -men are all pigs - ....' Is quite accepted but the opposite will take you to the guillotine.

I say ... stop bitching! :Goober:

Couldn't resist that, really :-) sorry for the off topic.

I kinda agree ... Political correctness has gone so far in this that 'you don't understand because you are a guy - men as all alike - all you think about is -men are all pigs - ....' Is quite accepted but the opposite will take you to the guillotine.

I say ... stop bitching! :Goober:

Couldn't resist that, really :-) sorry for the off topic.

tumblr_m8rmblMADh1rubafpo1_400.gif

females right now. :P