Well, he is going to Galatasaray for a reported fee around €12mil, but the salaray that Galatasaray will be giving to Bruma is just insane - a five year contract worth €9mil for a guy turning 19... Bale goes to Madrid for €100mil, now this kid gets a contract worth almost €2mil a year, now what's next? Sturridge goes back to City next summer for €150mil and teams like Monaco and PSG will start signing kids aged 17-18 for a €6mil a year contract?...

There were reports saying Bruma will end up being a Chelsea player, and I think the reports were true. I think Chelsea and Sporting had reached an agreement at some point, but when Chelsea saw Bruma's demands, the transfer failed... I don't think Chelsea would have offered him a contract worth more than €600k a year.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, he is going to Galatasaray for a reported fee around €12mil, but the salaray that Galatasaray will be giving to Bruma is just insane - a five year contract worth €9mil for a guy turning 19... Bale goes to Madrid for €100mil, now this kid gets a contract worth almost €2mil a year, now what's next? Sturridge goes back to City next summer for €150mil and teams like Monaco and PSG will start signing kids aged 17-18 for a €6mil a year contract?...

There were reports saying Bruma will end up being a Chelsea player, and I think the reports were true. I think Chelsea and Sporting had reached an agreement at some point, but when Chelsea saw Bruma's demands, the transfer failed... I don't think Chelsea would have offered him a contract worth more than €600k a year.

You do realize that 17yo RLC, who has never made a competitive appearance for the first team, has a contract that is worth something like 1.7m per year IIRC.

Well, he is going to Galatasaray for a reported fee around â¬12mil, but the salaray that Galatasaray will be giving to Bruma is just insane - a five year contract worth â¬9mil for a guy turning 19... Bale goes to Madrid for â¬100mil, now this kid gets a contract worth almost â¬2mil a year, now what's next? Sturridge goes back to City next summer for â¬150mil and teams like Monaco and PSG will start signing kids aged 17-18 for a â¬6mil a year contract?...

There were reports saying Bruma will end up being a Chelsea player, and I think the reports were true. I think Chelsea and Sporting had reached an agreement at some point, but when Chelsea saw Bruma's demands, the transfer failed... I don't think Chelsea would have offered him a contract worth more than â¬600k a year.

9m over five years is only 1,8m a year which in GBP amounts to £1,5m a season. Per week that's slightly below £30k and I'm fairly sure that even guys like Lucas Piazon or Josh McEachran at Chelsea are currently on similar wages and much like Bruma they've so far proven fuck all.

And what about Lukaku? Two years ago he was a raw 18-year-old with only potential to become world class but the club still paid a high transfer fee and according to reports he's on wages of around £50k a week. In my opinion he's proven to be worth every penny of that money but that doesn't change the fact he was very much an unproven player when he signed and Bruma has the potential to look like a bargain too if he's even half as good as some people think he is.

And as for PSG, they're already signing kids on massive wages. Only recently they bought the young French left-back Lucas Digne for 12m and gave him a contract worth 65k a week. That's simply how the big clubs do things these days and as much as we'd like to believe differently, Chelsea are no exception. Football's gone mad ages ago, nothing us fans can do about it.

You do realize that 17yo RLC, who has never made a competitive appearance for the first team, has a contract that is worth something like 1.7m per year IIRC.

I see you know something about that story, but you've missed some parts of it I guess . Actually, he is on a £300k a year salary, and you are right about that amount of money, but those money are coming from bonuses and a signing-on fee. Ruben's salary in his two-and-a-half year contract + signing-on fee + bonuses + some sponsorship deals = £1.7m. No way Chelsea could have been paying a 17yo w/o any competitive appearance that kind of money unless whe was Messi 2.0...

And what about Lukaku? Two years ago he was a raw 18-year-old with only potential to become world class but the club still paid a high transfer fee and according to reports he's on wages of around £50k a week. In my opinion he's proven to be worth every penny of that money but that doesn't change the fact he was very much an unproven player when he signed and Bruma has the potential to look like a bargain too if he's even half as good as some people think he is.

Well, Lukaku was everything but an unproven player when he signed for Chelsea... I don't know if you followed him since his early days in Jupiler League, but he has had two full seasons with Anderlecht - first at the age of 16, when he scored 15 goals in 33 appearances, second at the age of 17 when he scored 16 goals in 37 appearances and he netted twice in two appearances in his 3rd season before joining Chelsea. He was one of the hottest properties in european football at that time. An he is now on a £2mil a year contract - seems legit. He earned this salary by scoring for fun in Jupiler League and people don't call him "the new Drogba" just because of his looks and because media says so... This is what happens to Bruma - that, my friend, you can call an unproven player - we know nothing about him, only that he is the new Cristiano, according to the media. He'll be 19 in two months. At that age, Lukaku already had won a championship title with Anderlecht and was on a great goal scoring ratio.

Well, Lukaku was everything but an unproven player when he signed for Chelsea... I don't know if you followed him since his early days in Jupiler League, but he has had two full seasons with Anderlecht - first at the age of 16, when he scored 15 goals in 33 appearances, second at the age of 17 when he scored 16 goals in 37 appearances and he netted twice in two appearances in his 3rd season before joining Chelsea. He was one of the hottest properties in european football at that time. An he is now on a £2mil a year contract - seems legit. He earned this salary by scoring for fun in Jupiler League and people don't call him "the new Drogba" just because of his looks and because media says so... This is what happens to Bruma - that, my friend, you can call an unproven player - we know nothing about him, only that he is the new Cristiano, according to the media. He'll be 19 in two months. At that age, Lukaku already had won a championship title with Anderlecht and was on a great goal scoring ratio.

Going off topic now but for me Lukaku at 18 was just as much unproven as Bruma is now. Sure, he had two good seasons at Anderlecht but to be honest being successful in the Belgian league isn't really all that extraordinary. Lukaku was on everyone's radar because of his potential, not because he was expected to produce immediate fireworks in the Premier League for a top club at the raw age of 18.

Anyway, there's really no point taking this any further. Bruma is a top class prospect who really made quite an impression at the U20 WC, much like a certain Chelsea #11 did two years ago if I might add, and if Galatasaray think he's good enough to earn himself a big contract then so be it. If he really does become the 'next Cristiano' people will look at this deal as a proper bargain in a few years and if he fails, people will just forget all about him and the player is more than happy to have earned himself a fat paycheck. Win-win for all parties, I would say.

I don't believe for a second that his proposed move to Chelsea didn't materialize because of his wage demands. Maybe the club just came to their senses and started thinking if it's really worth it to take this gamble when we already have players like Hazard, Mata, Oscar, Schürrle, KdB, Willian, Moses, Marin, Piazon, Kakuta and countless of other young attacking midfielders already at the club.

It wasnt that much I think. The media said that he will be a millionaire before 20 years old. He has 3 years for that.

I see you know something about that story, but you've missed some parts of it I guess . Actually, he is on a £300k a year salary, and you are right about that amount of money, but those money are coming from bonuses and a signing-on fee. Ruben's salary in his two-and-a-half year contract + signing-on fee + bonuses + some sponsorship deals = £1.7m. No way Chelsea could have been paying a 17yo w/o any competitive appearance that kind of money unless whe was Messi 2.0...

I can't remember exactly what it was, but you're probably right.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You