Chelsea v Man City

Jase

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Playing with two goalkeepers, everyone else out and position - and Hilario up front - is definitely a bold move from Rafa!

Yeah lol, Rafa is totally nuts! :D

Really? There are tens of quotes from Torres blaming our "slow player" and our team playing style for his inability to score a goal even if it were an open net. Then he had the nerve to say to criticize the club and say he wants to leave minutes after we've won the biggest trophy in our history (no thanks to him).

I swear most football fans only have short-term memory.

What are you on about? I never said he didn't say those things, I only highlighted the part of your comment where you said he blamed the fans. On the contrary, he said many times he can't thank them enough for their support.

But the fact is: it's a friendly. It hardly matters.

But it does matter, to the fans, to the players, to the club's image. Imagine how Luiz would have felt and how much would he have loved the club had he been given the arm band.

What are you on about? I never said he didn't say those things, I only highlighted the part of your comment where you said he blamed the fans. On the contrary, he said many times he can't thank them enough for their support.

I didn't notice you highlighted that part. He did indirectly blame the fans when he said he was loved more at Liverpool.

But it does matter, to the fans, to the players, to the club's image. Imagine how Luiz would have felt and how much would he have loved the club had he been given the arm band.

I think you're missing the point. Torres is a bigger name in America than David Luiz. If we were playing this game in the league and Torres was captain, i'd understand. But the reason we're doing this pointless tour is to promote the (as much as I hate to say it) 'brand'.

Either that or it's both his and Benitez' last game for us and they're giving him a send off :lol:

I think you're missing the point. Torres is a bigger name in America than David Luiz. If we were playing this game in the league and Torres was captain, i'd understand. But the reason we're doing this pointless tour is to promote the (as much as I hate to say it) 'brand'.

Either that or it's both his and Benitez' last game for us and they're giving him a send off :lol:

Is he really?

America is full of Brazilians...especially in New York where this is being played.