Loan Round-Up. Who should be retained?

Strike

Loan Review  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who has been the best player out on loan?

• Thibaut Courtois
    • Kevin de Bruyne
    • Romelu Lukaku
    • Nathaniel Chalobah
    • Other

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to make it:

Curtis

Lukaku

KDB

Thorgan

Omeruo

Maybe:

Chalobah

Are never going to make it:

Kalas

McEachran

PVA

Surprised at people's underestimation of Kalas. Have you people actually watched him play? He is a fantastic defender. He could easily make it as a 3rd/4th choice CB at the minute.

Courtois has obviously been the best player this year, and we could probably sell Cech and stick Courtois between the sticks and not miss a beat - he's that good.

Lukaku has scored 17 goals in his first proper season in the league. That's not something you fluke and if we got the right player in (I'd say that was Rooney due to his versatility and possible price) then he could flourish as our second striker under Mourinho, getting maybe 30 starts next season. He definitely needs to go on the summer tour and is the type of pro we need at this club.

De Bruyne - turns water into wine, deflowers virgins just by making eye contact with them and is the Chuck Norris of Chelsea Football Club. Even if he never plays for us he should have his shirt retired and be Player of the Season every year until one of his many red-headed spawn joins our ranks. Or he's just a very good prospect who needs some time in our squad to really make a position his own. Worst case he becomes something of a utility player in the front four.

Chalobah - love this kid. Love his attitude, love his spirit, love his technique, love his tactical appreciation of the game in both defence and attack, love his physicality, love his passing and I love the fact that he can contribute goals too. Carried that Watford team at times and the easy thing to say is that he should stay on loan there if they get promoted. Personally I'd like to see him back for the summer tour and given a fair crack to win the shirt.

He's played 41 games this season - Romeu had played 49 games for Barcelona B before we signed him and used him in our squad. Why wouldn't we do the same for Nat?

@Strike you didn't include a report on Piazon.

How did he go at Malaga and did he get much game time? Will he ever be good enough to be a regular at Chelsea?

Oh yeah. Piazon. Kinda slipped my mind. He was decent. Obviously a backup but an injury to Eliseu saw him get a role in the first team. Did not set the La Liga on fire but he has made good progress.

I wouldn't loan him to a club like Malaga. Would love to see him get more game-time at a mid-table club

Courtois has obviously been the best player this year, and we could probably sell Cech and stick Courtois between the sticks and not miss a beat - he's that good.

Lukaku has scored 17 goals in his first proper season in the league. That's not something you fluke and if we got the right player in (I'd say that was Rooney due to his versatility and possible price) then he could flourish as our second striker under Mourinho, getting maybe 30 starts next season. He definitely needs to go on the summer tour and is the type of pro we need at this club.

De Bruyne - turns water into wine, deflowers virgins just by making eye contact with them and is the Chuck Norris of Chelsea Football Club. Even if he never plays for us he should have his shirt retired and be Player of the Season every year until one of his many red-headed spawn joins our ranks. Or he's just a very good prospect who needs some time in our squad to really make a position his own. Worst case he becomes something of a utility player in the front four.

Chalobah - love this kid. Love his attitude, love his spirit, love his technique, love his tactical appreciation of the game in both defence and attack, love his physicality, love his passing and I love the fact that he can contribute goals too. Carried that Watford team at times and the easy thing to say is that he should stay on loan there if they get promoted. Personally I'd like to see him back for the summer tour and given a fair crack to win the shirt.

He's played 41 games this season - Romeu had played 49 games for Barcelona B before we signed him and used him in our squad. Why wouldn't we do the same for Nat?

LOL at your depiction of KDBs season!

Surprised at people's underestimation of Kalas. Have you people actually watched him play? He is a fantastic defender. He could easily make it as a 3rd/4th choice CB at the minute.

Agreed, I wouldn't mind trying out PVA as well to challenge for Bertrands spot.

Agreed, I wouldn't mind trying out PVA as well to challenge for Bertrands spot.

But Bertrand will edge because there is some rule about 4 club-developed players or 8 English-developed players.

edit: Does van Aanholt count as HG?

I'd love to see PVA given a go as Ashley's backup next season. I just think he's got more going for him then Ryan, but it's just my opinion. I'd also like to see Kalas given a loan in the premiership next season, then evaluate him.

• 1 month later...