Lars Bender

Over at the Daniele De Rossi thread and thought about Lars Bender. Surprised there's no topic on him. He could be perfect for us. 24 years old and has begun to establish himself into Germany's international team. His release clause is apparently around 12 mill so it's practically the same figure being touted for De Rossi!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over at the Daniele De Rossi thread and thought about Lars Bender. Surprised there's no topic on him. He could be perfect for us. 24 years old and has begun to establish himself into Germany's international team. His release clause is only around 12 mill so it's practically the same figure being touted for De Rossi! Certainly know who I'd prefer!

Are you sure this is true? Haven't heard anything about him having a clause

Are you sure this is true? Haven't heard anything about him having a clause

That's the rumor and it would be a steal if true. Levurkusen and their general manager were angered by Heynckes who basically brought Bayerns pursuit of him into the public eye. Nonetheless, surprisingly I don't think the clause was increased so the apparent 12-15 mill release clause generally seems to be a consensus (not to say it wasn't increased however, to many unknowns).

Any relation to this guy?

220px-Bender_Rodriguez.png

I'll get my coat...

I shook my head in shame but liked it because I would post something stupid like that lol.

Like mentioned in the De Rossi thread I don't think getting either of the Bender twins is a good idea as they are both 25 meaning Chalobah would not have room to develop at the club.

Like mentioned in the De Rossi thread I don't think getting either of the Bender twins is a good idea as they are both 25 meaning Chalobah would not have room to develop at the club.

they could play together. mikel is 26 so dump him instead

they could play together. mikel is 26 so dump him instead

I guess this could work but then we are missing a creative link in the pivot. I may just be being naive, I haven't seen enough of Chalobah's passing to make a clear judgement.

I guess this could work but then we are missing a creative link in the pivot. I may just be being naive, I haven't seen enough of Chalobah's passing to make a clear judgement.

he has great passing ability but he is so young so still makes errors.

2:28

7:01

Listen, I'm not saying he won't produce a great pass now and then, he's a good passer but vision is not his main strength. Yaya Toure makes defence splitting passes sometimes, doesn't mean he has the vision of lets say a Xavi. I wouldn't give Nat that responsibility simply because he brings much more on other fronts for the team.

Listen, I'm not saying he won't produce a great pass now and then, he's a good passer but vision is not his main strength. Yaya Toure makes defence splitting passes sometimes, doesn't mean he has the vision of lets say a Xavi. I wouldn't give Nat that responsibility simply because he brings much more on other fronts for the team.

well im sure he will grow into a complete player. when was the last time we had a true deep lying playmaker anyway? i would rather have powerful all round midfielders like ballack and essien back in the day.

well im sure he will grow into a complete player. when was the last time we had a true deep lying playmaker anyway? i would rather have powerful all round midfielders like ballack and essien back in the day.

I agree, but with the way the team is shaping up we'd need a passer next to Chalobah for the future. An Oscar - Chalobah pivot isn't too bad at all actually when you think of it - reckon both complement each other quite well.

Back on topic - agreed that Chalobah is a big reason that I'd rather get De Rossi (given that he's available at a reasonable price) than one of the Bender twins. Chalobah is good enough to make the step up in two or three seasons at most for sure.

I agree, but with the way the team is shaping up we'd need a passer next to Chalobah for the future. An Oscar - Chalobah pivot isn't too bad at all actually when you think of it - reckon both complement each other quite well.

Back on topic - agreed that Chalobah is a big reason that I'd rather get De Rossi (given that he's available at a reasonable price) than one of the Bender twins. Chalobah is good enough to make the step up in two or three seasons at most for sure.

I agree, bringing in any of the Bender's could potentially stunt Chalobah's development at the club, and he is a real gem

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You