Ferguson Retires - Moyes takes over

Yeah, hench the not as extreme bit :P

I think the start he makes is crucial. A bad start and it's a slipery slope. Say he finds himself 5th/6th in October from a slow start and exit's the league cup to lower league opposition, loses the next two end's up in 8th. If you compare this United squad to Liverpool's 10/11 squad (United's is street's ahead), it wouldn't be dissimilar to Woy's struggle in terms of how much he is underachieving and how much the fans would get on his back.

I doubt he will embarrisse himself as much as RH tho, when he called that 1-0 win at Bolton a famous victory :lol: :lol:

The thing is, I think this united squad has the ability to 'flop' if the manager does not get it right and finish way off the top because in terms of quality of players, they are no where near city or even us which is evident from their performances in 'big' matches this season. If they lose that little belief that they could always scrape a slim win against smaller teams, they're in big trouble.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa, can't believe he won't be there leading Manu next season. Amazing that he has done, pretty much the greatest manager football has had. I'm really looking forward to following Manu now when he is out to see how stable and lucky they are, and how most of their mediocre players are going to behave, especially after a season or two.

Well, I will also say thanks for you have done Fergie, but it is aimed toward football, not Man U :D But better to have United leading with league titles then scum from Liverpool, so thanks for that anyway :)

And thanks for making Vidic a world beater also :D

Alex Ferguson:
Last PL defeat : Chelsea.
Last FA Cup defeat : Chelsea.
Last CC Cup defeat : Chelsea.

Last CS defeat: Chelsea.
Last game: Lukaku scores a hattrick.

David Moyes:
Last Defeat for Everton: Chelsea

Alex Ferguson:

Last PL defeat : Chelsea.

Last FA Cup defeat : Chelsea.

Last CC Cup defeat : Chelsea.

Last CS defeat: Chelsea.

Last CL defeat: Jose Mourinho

Last game: Lukaku scores a hattrick.

David Moyes:

Last Defeat for Everton: Chelsea

Fixed. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Back-to-back Player of the Year Juan Mata's late winner ensured Chelsea were the last side to beat Ferguson's United in the Premier League, League Cup, FA Cup and Community Shield. The Blues ended up the only team to have won more Premier League games (14) than we lost (13) against his teams.