Pivot is the issue?!?

Witsel is certainly not DM as he goes forward oftenly. He is CM with qualities of tackling and passing, dribbling.

Also Oscar and Kdb are NOT CMs. At least they are not good enough at tackling.

Witsel plays as DM for the national team and he is fuckin' world class there, i would say he is the better asset togheter with kompany.

As nb 6, i can't find someone better. As deeplying playmaker, he is just more than good. But as DM, he's got everything, pace, strenght, great passing range and so on. In fact he is a younger De Rossi

If i had to choice between him and Fellaini as DM (only) i would choice Witsel anyday of the week. He was first nb 10, after winger, then CM and when he became DM with benfica, him became world class.

PS: sorry for ma bad english, i understand almost everything but when i have to write, omg i'm like a virgin :wank2:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Real Madrid??

I actually could see Real Madrid bidding for him, next summer or maybe even this summer depending on what happens with Ronaldo. With Mata being former Castilla player he would undoubtedly be a popular signing among the supporters.

Unless Ozil leaves (rumor to go to Bayern) and Kaka has really truly regressed, why would RM want Mata?

KDB can also play as a winger.He may not be the fastest but he has the skills,world class crossing ability and ability to score goals.

If we are going to sign Mourinho back, i can't see KDB playing as a winger tbh.

You can really compare him with xabi alonso from real.

Yes he is skilled, but the only place he could be world class is as regista into our pivot with a damn great DM. Other than that, just as (really decent) sub, a bit like oscar now as right winger.

I can see him only in the lampard role. (he is better suited in 4-3-3 btw)

One other issue I forgot to mention is the need for a system change. (from a new manager with his own ideas). We talk about getting new strikers in which we will and we need but the system we play now makes it almost impossible for a striker to succeed. This is the third straight season where we aren't likely to have a striker top 11 or so goals. That's not just Torres. It's Anelka, Drogba, and Ba. Sure, some of this is Torres' awfulness, but some of it is that we play a system where strikers aren't able to succeed. I think for the long-term success of a club, it's important that this changes.

Unless Ozil leaves (rumor to go to Bayern) and Kaka has really truly regressed, why would RM want Mata?

Ozil to Bayern??? there is a actually a rumor like that? Don't see that happening with Kroos at his position, and plus the fact Kroos has the ability to play at CM, and would better fit Pep 4-3-3. Personally i prefer Kroos over Ozil, he is much more consistent anyway.

Why would RM want Mata? Take your pick, why wouldn't they want him if he was available.

Also If Mourinho is gone in the end of the season, i don't think Di Maria place will be safe. Since he was always a preferred Mourinho signing.

Why would RM want Mata? Take your pick, why wouldn't they want him if he was available.

Also If Mourinho is gone in the end of the season, i don't think Di Maria place will be safe. Since he was always a preferred Mourinho signing.

Which team wouldn't want Mata and Hazard - Both top, top quality players that would enhance any team in the world.

Flip side is say Jose does leave Real, who might be tempted to leave with him. It wouldn't be like at Porto when he left there for us as Real Madrid have far more allure, not to mention the top money they earn there. However one or two of the non-Spanosh players might leave. I'd take Di Maria in a heartbeat, there are some aspects of his game that annoy/irritate but he's like Robben was at Robben's prime but pacier with more goals.

As for this 'pivot' stuff, what we lack is a Makelele, we've not replaced him, Essien was being groomed in my opinion but had too many injuries but generally lacked the discipline (except those two games where he popped little Stevie into his pocket and wouldn't let him out until playtime had finished). Mikel lacks concentration and the sense of danger needed. We need a terrier in midfield to protect the centre-halves and retrieve the ball. I'd love to tell you who, but I'm struggling to find one who's the right age and fit for us.There's no one in the PL, maybe in the Italian league but the really good Italians rarely leave Italy to come to England and when they do they're either towards the end of their careers or they end up not settling and leaving.

Which team wouldn't want Mata and Hazard - Both top, top quality players that would enhance any team in the world.

Flip side is say Jose does leave Real, who might be tempted to leave with him. It wouldn't be like at Porto when he left there for us as Real Madrid have far more allure, not to mention the top money they earn there. However one or two of the non-Spanosh players might leave. I'd take Di Maria in a heartbeat, there are some aspects of his game that annoy/irritate but he's like Robben was at Robben's prime but pacier with more goals.

As for this 'pivot' stuff, what we lack is a Makelele, we've not replaced him, Essien was being groomed in my opinion but had too many injuries but generally lacked the discipline (except those two games where he popped little Stevie into his pocket and wouldn't let him out until playtime had finished). Mikel lacks concentration and the sense of danger needed. We need a terrier in midfield to protect the centre-halves and retrieve the ball. I'd love to tell you who, but I'm struggling to find one who's the right age and fit for us.There's no one in the PL, maybe in the Italian league but the really good Italians rarely leave Italy to come to England and when they do they're either towards the end of their careers or they end up not settling and leaving.

Exactly. We lack Makelele in the midfield. Mikel's an okay player...but he'll NEVER be on the same level as Makelele.

In terms of a terrier in midfield...maybe someone like Capoué of the French national team....who can play DM/CM...and also put in a decent shift at CB..

Real Madrid??

I actually could see Real Madrid bidding for him, next summer or maybe even this summer depending on what happens with Ronaldo. With Mata being former Castilla player he would undoubtedly be a popular signing among the supporters.

Isco is wanted at Real as Kaka will leave...

I remember when Arsenal sold Song, all their posters stated how much of a defensive liability Song was to them... I did not watch many Arsenal games last year, so I have no clue..

That is why we should play Song-Mikel-Kdb/Oscar.

Song might sometimes go wrong when defending, but he is beast along someone more defensive, like Arteta.

Guys speaking of our deparures...many clubs want our players, but point is that we dont need to sell them and we wont. As goest from players situation, they are happy and once trophies come, they wont have reason to leave I think.

Witsel plays as DM for the national team and he is fuckin' world class there, i would say he is the better asset togheter with kompany.

As nb 6, i can't find someone better. As deeplying playmaker, he is just more than good. But as DM, he's got everything, pace, strenght, great passing range and so on. In fact he is a younger De Rossi

If i had to choice between him and Fellaini as DM (only) i would choice Witsel anyday of the week. He was first nb 10, after winger, then CM and when he became DM with benfica, him became world class.

PS: sorry for ma bad english, i understand almost everything but when i have to write, omg i'm like a virgin :wank2:

But he plays along Dembele and Kompany-Vermaelen behind. We have Luiz-Terry and if Witsel is DM he would play along Kdb. That is much weaker and less strong, more pressure on him. Compare him to Alonso? Well even Xabi has another DM alongside him. That means that Witsel shoould play along Mikel and Kdb in 4:3:3 where Mikel would be DM and Witsel b2b and Kdb DLP. Or we sign Witsel and Moutinho/Dembele/Benat which is impossible in single summer as we need good striker too.

MAKÉLÉLÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉ!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63WojjZy7QE

There used to be a brilliant video of the Mak on youtube absolutely bossing the midfield, and it only showed a handful of games, but it was a fantastic video; against Barca, Liverpool and others.

But he plays along Dembele and Kompany-Vermaelen behind. We have Luiz-Terry and if Witsel is DM he would play along Kdb. That is much weaker and less strong, more pressure on him. Compare him to Alonso? Well even Xabi has another DM alongside him. That means that Witsel shoould play along Mikel and Kdb in 4:3:3 where Mikel would be DM and Witsel b2b and Kdb DLP. Or we sign Witsel and Moutinho/Dembele/Benat which is impossible in single summer as we need good striker too.

Yeah that's true, kompany and Vermaelen is the CB Pair.

I love Kompany, he is really a nice guy and a great captain, but tbh, Vermaelen is really overrated. Vertonghen is much better than him (and can play as Left Back).

Our national team plays like that

------------------------ Courtois -------------------------

Right back - Vermaelen - Kompany - Vertonghen

---------------------------- Witsel -------------------------

------------------- KDB -------------- Dembele----------

--- Mirallas ---------------------------------- Hazard----

------------------------- Benteke -------------------------

This is a true (false) 4-3-3 (4-5-1)

Witsel is the only defensive midfielder, and that's ok like this. In fact you can transpose this with our 4-2-3-1 him in the mikel role, dembele or KDB like a regista

Almoste like our 4-2-3-1

PS : IF We are going to sign Witsel one day, it should be as DM not as CM.

I can guarantee you that Witsel is the ONLY ONE to play that role for us, the number 6.

NOBODY will play there for the 6 or 7 years to come

What i'd like to see at chelsea next year, is this :

------------------ Cech --------------

Azpi ----- Luiz - Terry -- Cole

----------------- Witsel ------=

--------- Mata ---------- KDB ------

- New RW ----------------- Hazard -

---------------- Striker ----------------

PS: i like Oscar, and i think he should play in the mata AND KDB role. So in fact, a rotation 3 for 2 spots

MAKÉLÉLÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉ!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63WojjZy7QE

There used to be a brilliant video of the Mak on youtube absolutely bossing the midfield, and it only showed a handful of games, but it was a fantastic video; against Barca, Liverpool and others.

It still amazes me how is it possible that man who has 1,70 can control and defend so great. I guess he had all that in mind; tactics, inteligence, awarness, rather using just sheer strenght. There wont be another player like him, he was simply briliant, always.

Yeah that's true, kompany and Vermaelen is the CB Pair.

I love Kompany, he is really a nice guy and a great captain, but tbh, Vermaelen is really overrated. Vertonghen is much better than him (and can play as Left Back).

Our national team plays like that

------------------------ Courtois -------------------------

Right back - Vermaelen - Kompany - Vertonghen

---------------------------- Witsel -------------------------

------------------- KDB -------------- Dembele----------

--- Mirallas ---------------------------------- Hazard----

------------------------- Benteke -------------------------

This is a true (false) 4-3-3 (4-5-1)

Witsel is the only defensive midfielder, and that's ok like this. In fact you can transpose this with our 4-2-3-1 him in the mikel role, dembele or KDB like a regista

Almoste like our 4-2-3-1

PS : IF We are going to sign Witsel one day, it should be as DM not as CM.

I can guarantee you that Witsel is the ONLY ONE to play that role for us, the number 6.

NOBODY will play there for the 6 or 7 years to come

Agree, Vermaelen is overrated. As Kompany goes, he is great CB, but a bit injury prone and as captain of City unavailable for us, ever.

Since our team is so stacked with attacking midfielders I think we are forced to use the 4-2-3-1 or the 4-3-3. I think both formations require they same type of players, with the only difference being how deep the cam will play. For the two dm/cm/pivot spots, I think we need to bring in couple new players.

DM:

IMO Mikel is a solid, but limited player; we should keep him, but not plan on him being a first team regular. I think his eventual replacement should be and will be Chalobah. He is an exceptional talent possessing everything you want out of DM, athleticism, strength, technique, intangibles, and an eye for the deep pass. In most cases I would favor putting somebody so young out on loan, but I think he is one of those rare players with such overwhelming talent (i.e. Fabregas, Wilshire, Rooney) that they can be fast tracked straight to the first team. I wouldn't make him full-time starter from day one, but I would give him significant time straight away, with the goal making him the regular by season's end.

CM:

For this position, I don't think we should bring in a lightweight play maker (Benat, Modric) or try to shoehorn Oscar or De Bruyne into the position. Our team is so weak physically up front, that we need to compensate in the midfield with athletic, strong, ball winners. I think a player like Ramires can do well here against teams that don't press, but his weakness in possession will require him to sit out a fair deal of games. IMO Fellaini would do well here. He is a ball winner, strong, decent passer, shields the ball well, and he has certain grit/steel to him that I think our team could really use.

Here is my ideal team for next season:

Courtois/?

Azpilicuta/Ivan Terry/Cahill Luiz/Ivan Cole/Shaw

Chalobah/Mikel/Romeu Fellaini/Ramires

Mata/Moses Oscar/ KDB Hazard/KDB

Lukaku/BA

So Oscar wont play in cm. Switch to 4:3:3 is also need. Mikel has tons of potential, he could be great long shot taker, and expand his passing as well with proper coach to teach him. We need someone more creative alonside him, but also that same player must be decent defender and hard worker because Mikel natural work is weak (at least now).

I saw Mikel in afcon and he had brilliant passing, also making two assists in single game. Here, Rafa probably orders him to not play offensive but always make side passes etc. Kills his game basicaly. DM is essential in control of midfield, but Rafa has Mikel only as side player. Mikel should get major role in midfield and with proper motivation and training (given by new coach obv) he would be great. About his partner, I believe that it could be either someone like Moutinho, someone like Song or someone like Kdb. But probably we will go and buy new Dm and CM in summer, limiting Kdb as well Oscar.

Song and Modric/Moutinho would be awesome in summer, but that will mean one thing. Either Oscar or Kdb will be forever only bench player.

Is something like this realy possible in near future;

Kdb-Mikel-Oscar

Mata-Lukaku-Hazard

?

4:3:3 is necessary, but Lukaku will never be tiki taka player. Midfield also looks fragile. Also if we signed Song, what will happen to Rambo?

First thing is new coach and then the board should think twice before buying someone just because they can. We cant afford any new players that will not fit the plan. Buying Isco would be waste of money now. So getting proper coach is the most important thing now, he will need to motivate team, make players play better and buy only players we need.

Mikel is an established player now, hes not potential, hes looking to kick on in his prime. Hes not an 18 year old needing games to develope.

Also what do you mean expand his passing? his passing is neat and tidy and he can play great long balls/passes every now and then when needed. Hes never been restricted, hes been important since Carlo came over and won the double, he was also important winning the CL and FA cup last year, to make out his plays restricted is a joke! He doesn't need a 'proper coach' he needs a player that suits the pivot next to him. Hes been one of our best players this season along with Mata, Cech, Hazard, Oscar and Azpi imo.

Agree, Vermaelen is overrated. As Kompany goes, he is great CB, but a bit injury prone and as captain of City unavailable for us, ever.

In fact chelsea has signed almost all true belgian gems.

hazard, kdb, courtois, lukaku

kompany, dembélé are the other proven ones.

The only one that "remains" is witsel, the reste is, according to me, overrated or "wanna be".

Vertonghen is really good but he is already at his "peak", won't progress anymore.

Benteke, is my main interrogation, i don't know if he is really good or not?

Mertens, mirrallas, Fellaini, vermaelen and so on... are overrated.

For future, can only considre mushonda, praet and bakkali