Pivot is the issue?!?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another big question is our delivery to strikers. Despite our creative players, we have the worst delivery to strikers. Yes Torres was dreadful, but look Ba was on top scoring list, he is invisible now. Danny is scoring for Lpool. Lukaku is doing great at Wba, last year was out of service at Chelsea.

We realy have to improve that passing, crossing to our main striker. Lpool has Gerrard to do that, United has Rooney,...

Our team needs to start playing together. Team work. All attack, all defend. Looking for striker and Hazard must become priority. I get the feeling that every player wants to be star in this team. Sure they pass and cross, but seriously we need to start every attack with plan. Pivot gets the ball, sends it to wingers who then find striker with last pass. Again, we dont have proper striker, but even Ba is good, here however he is bad. Suarez or Rvp would never score 20 goals for us right now in league. Maybe we lack dpl, who will change everything, but is realy all gonna be great after one new player? I think whole team needs to improve including magic trio, full backs, defending pair CB, pivot and striker.

I agree, we can be a world class team with an average striker if everything goes fine...

But our main concern is the double pivot, no tempo, no rythm, there is the biggest problem.

I'm sure that with proper players, Torres wouldn't be that bad here...

If a new manager is coming this summer, this would be the biggest problem to solve, this HAS TO BE creative and not only defensive, we are a world class team, so let our double pivot be

In fact chelsea has signed almost all true belgian gems.

hazard, kdb, courtois, lukaku

kompany, dembélé are the other proven ones.

The only one that "remains" is witsel, the reste is, according to me, overrated or "wanna be".

Vertonghen is really good but he is already at his "peak", won't progress anymore.

Benteke, is my main interrogation, i don't know if he is really good or not?

Mertens, mirrallas, Fellaini, vermaelen and so on... are overrated.

For future, can only considre mushonda, praet and bakkali

Wasnt Witsel playing along Garcia (dm) in Benfica?

Anyway too bad he is rated at 40mio and will defo wont move from Zenit for less. And if we signed him, I would still play him along classic DM and give Witsel more open role. KDb/Oscar would do the playmaking with Mata, Hazard on wings.

However most possible targets we can have right now are

DM: Capoue, Gonalons, Inler, Gustavo (from Bayern), L Bender, Fellaini, Wanyama, Mavumba, Toulalan, Veloso, Mario Suarez, Camacho

CM: Benat, Moutinho, Cabaye, Strootman, Banega, Gundogan, Hernanes, Pjanic, Granero

Less realistic are Modric, Song, Witsel, De Rossi, Busquets, Vidal, Wilshere

As CB goes, Rami, Godin, Agger, Skrtel, Garay, Benatia, Howedes, Otamendi, Mangala, Maicon(porto), Kaya, Amorebieta, Albiol, Miranda, Ogbonna, Nkolou, Dede, Papadopoulos, Alderweireld, Marquinhos, Okore, Kjaer,...I couldnt find one proper top class CB that would be available...

If a new manager is coming this summer, this would be the biggest problem to solve, this HAS TO BE creative and not only defensive, we are a world class team, so let our double pivot be

Buying two class pivot players would make us world class (probably) but it would mean goodbye to Ake, Chalobah, Josh,...not to mention one of Oscar/Kdb. It would put Mikel and Rambo o bench too. But let us not forget Romeu who was great under Avb and would make perfect DM if he would only evolve properly...

I think we'll get Fellaini but we also still have a certain player called Michael Essien. We certainly have options there as has been stated above. I'd rather see Luiz and Ramires there and have JT and Ivanovic as CB's. That's my first choice all day. Mikel is also getting better, was great at Old Trafford in all fairness. We have great options everywhere.

Witsel plays as DM for the national team and he is fuckin' world class there, i would say he is the better asset togheter with kompany.

Since servia dembele mainly played as DM tho, but our midfield switches positions very often so doesn't really matter. (Same role as with tottenham)

Under leekens it was simons and witsel was a 10 then

------------------------ Courtois -------------------------

Right back - Vermaelen - Kompany - Vertonghen

---------------------------- Dembele-------------------------

------------------- KDB -------------- Witsel----------

--- Mirallas ---------------------------------- Hazard----

------------------------- Benteke -------------------------

& as for chelsea, let Mata be RW?

------------------ Cech --------------

Azpi ----- Luiz - Terry -- Cole

----------------- Witsel ------=

--------- Oscar ---------- KDB ------

- Mata --------------------- Hazard -

---------------- Striker ----------------

I think we'll get Fellaini but we also still have a certain player called Michael Essien. We certainly have options there as has been stated above. I'd rather see Luiz and Ramires there and have JT and Ivanovic as CB's. That's my first choice all day. Mikel is also getting better, was great at Old Trafford in all fairness. We have great options everywhere.

Essien has been nothing but below average at Madrid when playing CDM. He actually performed well when he was deployed at RB by Mourinho

Which team wouldn't want Mata and Hazard - Both top, top quality players that would enhance any team in the world.

Flip side is say Jose does leave Real, who might be tempted to leave with him. It wouldn't be like at Porto when he left there for us as Real Madrid have far more allure, not to mention the top money they earn there. However one or two of the non-Spanosh players might leave. I'd take Di Maria in a heartbeat, there are some aspects of his game that annoy/irritate but he's like Robben was at Robben's prime but pacier with more goals.

Di Maria at Chelsea? god i hope that doesn't happen, i hate that prick. He is so fucking brainless i cannot stand him.

Di Maria at Chelsea? god i hope that doesn't happen, i hate that prick. He is so fucking brainless i cannot stand him.

Yet Maria starts for Real Madrid and probably the best attacking team in the world (Argentina).

Yet Maria starts for Real Madrid and probably the best attacking team in the world (Argentina).

So???

Did i specifically say anything about his quality? no

Angel Di Maria is a very good player, and undoubtedly an important player for Madrid and Argentina(he plays more like a CM for Argentina btw). He actually adds a lot to a team and it makes it hard to leave him out the lineup.

He is extremely talented, but he is a headless chicken and if he actually had a brain and looked up while dribbling he would be world class. Although one thing i will say in his defense is it i figure he would make better decision making if he played on the left since his biggest weakness is his use of right foot or lack of it should i say.

Looking past the brainless part of his game, i further despise the guy who shamelessly dives all over the pitch.

After years of being frustrated by Malouda and Kalou decision making, i absolutely do not want to go back to those days.

But anyway Di maria to Chelsea is not going to happen unless we part with one of Oscar, Mata, and Hazard since he wouldn't want to be a backup to them. But with mourinho at charge it is unfortunately possible.

Quintero and Kalas.

To anyone who does not know who Quintero is :

Man, Quintero is brilliant prospect, but he is another small CAM ala Mata, Oscar,...might have some better passing eventualy, but he offers nothing in CM or DM position.

So???

Did i specifically say anything about his quality? no

Angel Di Maria is a very good player, and undoubtedly an important player for Madrid and Argentina(he plays more like a CM for Argentina btw). He actually adds a lot to a team and it makes it hard to leave him out the lineup.

He is extremely talented, but he is a headless chicken and if he actually had a brain and looked up while dribbling he would be world class. Although one thing i will say in his defense is it i figure he would make better decision making if he played on the left since his biggest weakness is his use of right foot or lack of it should i say.

Looking past the brainless part of his game, i further despise the guy who shamelessly dives all over the pitch.

After years of being frustrated by Malouda and Kalou decision making, i absolutely do not want to go back to those days.

But anyway Di maria to Chelsea is not going to happen unless we part with one of Oscar, Mata, and Hazard since he wouldn't want to be a backup to them. But with mourinho at charge it is unfortunately possible.

I agree with the diving part, but Chelsea has quite a few number of players that were similar, if not worse divers themselves...

Also, if Di Maria came here, he would start on the wing... Period (Granted our formation stay the same).