Why the FA Cup should be our priority this season........

Strike

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

To find someone with such teeny-weeny demands it certainly is a rarity here.

Most posters here, still think Chelsea should go for FA, EL trophies. :cry:

so your logic is we can't handle FA Cup and Premier League together? even last year with the likes of Meireles, Bosingwa, Kalou, Malouda etc we won the FA Cup. And as Jason pointed out, it is held in the weekends, so no midweek schedule plus we don't have the pressure of playing Champions League in midweek as well

What´s so good about FA trophy for the depleted team at the moment ?

Certainly, Hazard can live without FA Cup, I feel. After all, he is the one that has not helped much by his stupid action the other day.

a post completely lacking in logic . Perhaps you should rewrite it.

so your logic is we can't handle FA Cup and Premier League together? even last year with the likes of Meireles, Bosingwa, Kalou, Malouda etc we won the FA Cup. And as Jason pointed out, it is held in the weekends, so no midweek schedule plus we don't have the pressure of playing Champions League in midweek as well

I do not feel, it´s about logic. To me, it´s about current depleted squad. Mind you, I too would prefer to see Chelsea winning every trophy possible. I just feel, it may not be feasible at this time. The team plays games every 3rd day now. I see very tired players on the pitch in recent games. I believe, PL standings are much more important for the team.

I do not feel, it´s about logic. To me, it´s about current depleted squad. Mind you, I too would prefer to see Chelsea winning every trophy possible. I just feel, it may not be feasible at this time. The team plays games every 3rd day now. I see very tired players on the pitch in recent games. I believe, PL standings are much more important for the team.

at least that post makes sense . The previous one was nonsense.

i definitely want FA cup this year.the top four finish is necessary but its not cup(we are not arsenal).

its not only to decorate our trophy cabinet its is essential for the new and young chelsea players like hazard,oscar and ba to get that wining mentality at chelsea which makes us strong. besides that which team in word will get fucked up all the 7 trophies :banghead: . if this is a transition time for chelsea this is the best catalyst that can increase that speed.

Yeah I have to say that if we end up this season without having won anything - considering we were in three supercups, one of which should have been a breeze to win and the other two certainly attainable - would be absolutely shocking. 1/7 reads far, far better than 0/7, even if it is just the Europa League.

Read more attentively.

1 it is the FA Cup not the FA Trophy ..a different competition.

2 The FA Cup is widely regarded as the most domestic cup in the world

3 We are the current holders

4 Ashley Cole has morewinners medals than any other player

5 I am sure ALL our players would want to win it

6 Your post did not make sense

7 TRY to write correctly.

Hopefully we can win the fa cup, and europa and make sure we get top 4 in the prem. But if i could only have one it would obviously have to be the prem. Away vs brentford we should definitely be resting key players. Thats still making the fa cup important but realising we are playing against brentford, and it is an opportunity to rest players.

1 it is the FA Cup not the FA Trophy ..a different competition.

2 The FA Cup is widely regarded as the most domestic cup in the world

3 We are the current holders

4 Ashley Cole has morewinners medals than any other player

5 I am sure ALL our players would want to win it

6 Your post did not make sense

7 TRY to write correctly.

All well said but still not worth to tire the squad over it.

PL top 3 finish is important. nobody is daft enough to argue that but i feel once Hazard, Mikel and Moses are back, we have the squad to challenge in the cup. like say, we get a tougher team in Round 5, i say we should put out a strong squad.

the situation with brentford is that the Capital One Cup came in the way. we screwed up the home leg and thus rafa put out a strong team to chase the 2 goal deficit. but i am sure once our players are back, we will have a squad good enough to challenge on both fronts

one more thing, by saying - top 4 is enough - we are turning more and more into the Arsenal-Tottenham category and away from the Manchester clubs