Demba Ba

KonohasOrangeFlash

His assist was great.

But all our strikers are dire in front of goal - 7 matches into the Season and not a single goal between the three of them. Whoever starts scoring will become first choice for this season but judging from their matches thus far there is a wide margin between our strike force and our rivals.

Good assist, not sure whether it was a handball though as he used his arm to control the ball after the first touch. I first thought the first touch was fantastic, then I saw the replay and think he used his right arm to control it.

I obviously did not like his finishing and thought he dived a lot.

We should be pleased with BA today, I feel.

His aggressive play was very helpful. He controlled all high balls, passed well & was instrumental in the 1st goal.

Perhaps, Torres being injured BA will get more chances to play & brush up on his scoring.

Decent game, good hold up play and strength but his finishing and decision-making is not worthy of a striker.

When he took the ball off Ruddy he passed it to Bassong instead of laying it back for lamps to shoot on an empty goal. This could have put the tie to bed after 20 mins and we would have been spared a lot of nuisance.

The assist was all he really did, he COULD have had a hat trick. However that is our problem in a nut shell, our strikers just ARE NOT actually getting the goals that matter. Each game it is a worry, at 1-1, i really wondered where another goal was coming from. :cry:

Bar Torre's second half performance vs Spurs I'd say Ba has been our best striker so far in one appearance....

Tbf, Jose built the game plan around him yesterday so he was bound to appear as the most important man on the pitch, just like what happened with Schurrle vs Steaua. I'm not taking anything away from either player who both did the job brilliantly, I'm just saying that it's not fair to compare this performance of his to the performance of other strikers in other matches since our game plan played to his strengths.

The assist was all he really did, he COULD have had a hat trick. However that is our problem in a nut shell, our strikers just ARE NOT actually getting the goals that matter. Each game it is a worry, at 1-1, i really wondered where another goal was coming from. :cry:

Tbf there's been a lot of luck involved. Like yesterday when Ba won the aerial duel with Rudy and got the shot away, he was incredibly unlucky that Bassong was in the exact same spot that the shot was aimed at; half a yard left or right and it's a goal.

Then there's the purely terrible finishing like the one right at the start of the second half.

Tbf there's been a lot of luck involved. Like yesterday when Ba won the aerial duel with Rudy and got the shot away, he was incredibly unlucky that Bassong was in the exact same spot that the shot was aimed at; half a yard left or right and it's a goal.

Then there's the purely terrible finishing like the one right at the start of the second half.

You can only blame luck so much, and no matter who plays they don't look there are going to score, and you can try all you want, if we are to really compete, we need goals. Demba i guess was better than Eto'o but its all worrying.

i would take ba and etoo's poor finishing than torres' well... anything. the fact that these 2 our missing chances means they are getting at the end of things. they are taking their shots, getting at the end of crosses and moving well. i can guarantee that torres would not have even tried to get at the end of the ramires' low cross that ba embarassingly missed.he has barely been involved but given a real go, he will start converting them and then we ll be fine. same goes for etoo. also ba gives us the option of retaining possession exponentially when we hoof the ball from gk when luiz is being pressed by opposition strikers. also it gives us a directness in our play for JT and lamps to find a striker with a long ball.

now dont get me wrong. torres this season has been decent but i am not going to fall for "he is back" stuff.

i would take ba and etoo's poor finishing than torres' well... anything. the fact that these 2 our missing chances means they are getting at the end of things. they are taking their shots, getting at the end of crosses and moving well. i can guarantee that torres would not have even tried to get at the end of the ramires' low cross that ba embarassingly missed.he has barely been involved but given a real go, he will start converting them and then we ll be fine. same goes for etoo. also ba gives us the option of retaining possession exponentially when we hoof the ball from gk when luiz is being pressed by opposition strikers. also it gives us a directness in our play for JT and lamps to find a striker with a long ball.

now dont get me wrong. torres this season has been decent but i am not going to fall for "he is back" stuff.

What? Torres yes can be variable, but there is a chance of a goal on a good day, these two don't look like getting a goal between them. I would rather have Torres than either of them, not because I fancy him or any other stupid reason. If he could continue the promise he showed at the start of the season, he could finally starting actually getting some goals.

What? Torres yes can be variable, but there is a chance of a goal on a good day, these two don't look like getting a goal between them. I would rather have Torres than either of them, not because I fancy him or any other stupid reason. If he could continue the promise he showed at the start of the season, he could finally starting actually getting some goals.

a good day? when does that come? or rather when will that come.

with ba and etoo, the law of averages has to catch up soon. i mean , the everton game, etoo could have had 2, ba yesterday could have had a hat-trick, and soon they WILL start taking their chances. and the statement "these two don't look like getting a goal between them" is so wrong. they do look like getting a goal. after 20-25 minutes in the norwich game, u definitely would have predicted ba scoring a goal, rather than not scoring one. but he had no luck. even from 4 yards out somehow it just dint go in and sometimes u need that luck and like i said, it will happen.

a good day? when does that come? or rather when will that come.

with ba and etoo, the law of averages has to catch up soon. i mean , the everton game, etoo could have had 2, ba yesterday could have had a hat-trick, and soon they WILL start taking their chances. and the statement "these two don't look like getting a goal between them" is so wrong. they do look like getting a goal. after 20-25 minutes in the norwich game, u definitely would have predicted ba scoring a goal, rather than not scoring one. but he had no luck. even from 4 yards out somehow it just dint go in and sometimes u need that luck and like i said, it will happen.

May I point out, as you posted it ?

...would have predicted BA scoring....the result he did not. One can not rely on him, I feel.

As I was looking at falcao as the top goal scorer with 7 goals in 9 games, my mind is going on a wild tour. Suddenly, I see Falcao at Chelsea, BA sold, Willian not bought, & Eto´o freezing in Russia. What you say to that ?