Victor Moses

Superblue

Maybe the fact he went to Liverpool, praised their club's glorious fucking history and told everyone how he knew straight away they were going to win the league ahead of Chelsea has something to do with many of us disliking him.

You really shouldn't put any weight behind any of that. Brendan Rodgers, Sturridge, Joe Cole etc... It's part of the deluded Liverpool PR system.

You really shouldn't put any weight behind any of that. Brendan Rodgers, Sturridge, Joe Cole etc... It's part of the deluded Liverpool PR system.

Has he ever showed anything special while here? People talk about us not giving chances to players, he had plenty. His best role here was impact sub - which sometimes worked and others didn't.

Should I rate him for that? He counts as HG and that is his biggest advantage. Instead of having him - who seems to have a limited ceiling = I'd rather give one of kids with real potential coming from the youth a chance to see if their potential comes to fruition.

He isn't a bad footballer - but like Ryan Bertrand (who I also don't rate at all) - he isn't a profile to a club as big as Chelsea, even as a super sub. Our super sub last season was Schurrle. This season could be one among Oscar, Schurrle and Willian (depending on who starts and who doesn't). Can you even compare Moses to one of those guys?

Salah is still new here and young in general coming from a soft league, so I won't include him in the list, but Oscar, Schurrle and Willian (even with his end product problem we've just talked about) are a different beast compared to Moses. They're higher level.

People talking about Moses did here seem to forget what he didn't... when he came and worked, yeah, it was a great impact. But many times he was subbed in and did absolutely bollocks. Like Ramires (though not to that extension) what makes him 'special' is physical rather than technical. He's strong, he's fast, but he isn't that technical.

Has he ever showed anything special while here? People talk about us not giving chances to players, he had plenty. His best role here was impact sub - which sometimes worked and others didn't.

Should I rate him for that? He counts as HG and that is his biggest advantage. Instead of having him - who seems to have a limited ceiling = I'd rather give one of kids with real potential coming from the youth a chance to see if their potential comes to fruition.

He isn't a bad footballer - but like Ryan Bertrand (who I also don't rate at all) - he isn't a profile to a club as big as Chelsea, even as a super sub. Our super sub last season was Schurrle. This season could be one among Oscar, Schurrle and Willian (depending on who starts and who doesn't). Can you even compare Moses to one of those guys?

Salah is still new here and young in general coming from a soft league, so I won't include him in the list, but Oscar, Schurrle and Willian (even with his end product problem we've just talked about) are a different beast compared to Moses. They're higher level.

People talking about Moses did here seem to forget what he didn't... when he came and worked, yeah, it was a great impact. But many times he was subbed in and did absolutely bollocks. Like Ramires (though not to that extension) what makes him 'special' is physical rather than technical. He's strong, he's fast, but he isn't that technical.

Moses just isn't cut out to play regularly for a club like Chelsea

He should move to a relegation-threatened PL team and play with freedom (like he did for Wigan)

I don't rate Victor Moses too highly - but then again, I don't rate Mo Salah too highly either, even though I defend the kid quite a lot. Salah definitely has the better potential between the two, but for me atm it isn't too wrong to say that they're around the same level (based on their performances in a CFC shirt).

To be fair I do remember Moses scoring some important goals from the bench... But he's definitely not CFC material - long-term...

I would rather keep him and loan salah!

:yes: I have the same opinion. As we have problem with HG players, the best solution will be to send Salah on loan in PL. where he will get the minutes he needs and will gain the experience which he needs, to become better player at Chelsea after a year and keep HG Moses who will get Salah's role in Chelsea (on the bench and playing some cup matches).

:yes: I have the same opinion. As we have problem with HG players, the best solution will be to send Salah on loan in PL. where he will get the minutes he needs and will gain the experience which he needs, to become better player at Chelsea after a year and keep HG Moses who will get Salah's role in Chelsea (on the bench and playing some cup matches).

And after one year?..

He has to stay.He is one of only 3 HG players. So he is like a bonus. We don't need him, but we can bolster our squad with him. He has decent pace and strength which in combination can work wonders + he tracks back and defends. Also he can play as a second striker. Not too long ago he was the player with the most succesfull dribbles in the whole Prem. There is something left in him which is more than enough for Carling Cup or the first few rounds of the FA Cup and those odd away games agianst MK Zilina and Macabi Haifa in the CL group stages. those games I'd play neither of Hazard, Oscar, Schürrle, Willian but which you also lose when you only play U21 players. If you ask me if this worth the 2,6m he earns per year here according to Google, then I would say yes. He is exactly the player to hold his head high ad give is best when playing shit teams and the arse-end of the world. This keeps the first teamers fresh, us in the COC and in the end ehnances our chances of winning titles on all fronts at least for a little bit.

Moses was unfairly loaned out last season after being one of our best players in the pre-season and its safe to say his career has regressed a little spending an entire year on the subs bench for Liverpool. You could tell from his body language that he never wanted to be there. You could also tell from his performances in the world cup that he hadn't been playing regularly if at all for his club. He's a good player and he's still young. I seem to remember him being one of our best players in our Europa league run. He's also home-grown and gives us something we are quite short on. A natural right wing player with power and pace. Salah is our only natural right wing player. I watch him a lot for the national team of Nigeria. He's getting underrated here quite a bit.

Moses was excellent for us in the Europa League, I do remember that. I'm with Magic Lamps on this though, it won't cost us anything (squad space wise) to keep Big Vic around, so why not have him around as our 6th AM? It's decent.