Cech: We Are 100% Behind Grant

Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech insists the entire squad still has a strong relationship with under-fire manager Avram Grant.

Grant will be back in the limelight on Wednesday when attention switches from Chelsea's FA Cup exit back to the club's Premier League title challenge.

Three days after the shock defeat at Barnsley, Grant is scheduled for a media briefing ahead of the league clash against Derby on Wednesday, giving an impression of business as usual at the club.

Losing to the top flight's bottom club would be another huge upset as Chelsea protect a two-year unbeaten record at Stamford Bridge, while Derby's only taste of victory away this season was after a penalty shoot-out at Sheffield Wednesday.

Avoiding a slip-up by securing maximum points would also put Chelsea five points behind leaders Arsenal with a game in hand.

Grant was without Didier Drogba and Frank Lampard at the weekend with slight knocks, while goalkeeper Cech is expected to miss the Derby clash as he nurses an ankle injury.

Cech has told the London Evening Standard that the relationship between boss Grant and his players remains strong.

"I think the relationships here are like in every club in the world in terms of the coach and the players," he said.

"We're a big club and have a coach who was unknown in England in the past and that is why everyone tries to find new things. If the relationship was not working, we would not be winning. This is clear evidence of that being just speculation."

Grant insisted last week that Andriy Shevchenko has a future at Chelsea, although Paolo Maldini is the latest person from AC Milan to suggest the striker would be welcomed back at his former club.

"At Milan there is always room for those who have done a lot," Maldini told Sky Sports. "There is always space for those who have left a mark on the history of the club.

ITV.com

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea PR. Even the band played on when the Titanic was going down.

:lol: Cheers FB, excellent timing there, made me LMAO.

I find it seriously insulting Grant's still in the job and these displays of support really aint helping me calm down much. Then again, Cech's hardly going to be allowed to come out and say "honest to god, the blokes a complete fuckwit. Care in the community is alive and well at Stamford Bridge" is he?

Like FB said,Chelsea PR and Kenyon soundbiting,getting the quieter players to come out and say everything is ok.

Do they really think we're THAT stupid?

The players should really be honest about this and say Grant is a cunt.

The players should realise that we're on their side.

Shame that the fans can't have their say properly,but what would be the point?.As One Bar said,most Chelsea fans that reguarly go to Stamford Bridge nowadays are feckless,spineless cunts that are too scared to speak up about their club.

Like FB said,Chelsea PR and Kenyon soundbiting,getting the quieter players to come out and say everything is ok.

Do they really think we're THAT stupid?

The players should really be honest about this and say Grant is a cunt.

The players should realise that we're on their side.

Shame that the fans can't have their say properly,but what would be the point?.As One Bar said,most Chelsea fans that reguarly go to Stamford Bridge nowadays are feckless,spineless cunts that are too scared to speak up about their club.

To be honest, The longer the players keep quiet about the whole charade the more my respect and support for them fucks right off out the window

The fact he has had to come out and do a statement like that shows you something

I dunno, I just figured that he'd been asked the question and so had to answer, rather than came out and said independently.

still, at least the wanker has got himself recognised all around the world in this brief and dissappointing stint and he'll get a nice little payoff perhaps if hes leaving the club 100%. Hes done well aint he.

I'm starting to suspect you havent warmed to him very much. :D

well you know how we all started, well me at least :smiliecap1: i said i'd give him till the end of the season well over the month or so he has truly showed what a complete tosser he is.

and i gonna register to join the gang of 4 and make it gang of 5 :clap: 'cos i've got to hate grunt as much as all of you and abramovich as well.

regards:JBD

He'll go away and never be heard of again, thus adding to the embarrasment he was here in the first place.

And we can all do selective memory doda and get amnesia about this season...it was all a nightmare

Im gana give him till he fucks up our home record...well till next Sunday and then hunt him and poke him with sharp sticks

well you know how we all started, well me at least :smiliecap1: i said i'd give him till the end of the season well over the month or so he has truly showed what a complete tosser he is.

and i gonna register to join the gang of 4 and make it gang of 5 :clap: 'cos i've got to hate grunt as much as all of you and abramovich as well.

regards:JBD

I think its ok that some people wanted to give him a chance (even if I wasnt one of them, lol) but ultimately, we all want whats best for the club and Grant clearly isnt it.