The Boxing Thread

Ollie

Mayweather will do twice as better as Marquez against Pacquiao imo if compare it stylistically. It would be a great fight for sure, but I don't see any other outcome than a Mayweather win.

No way will he do twice as better! Your forgetting Marquez has fought Pacquiao 4 times and knows Pacquiao inside out! The 4th fight Marquez was clearly on peds but that's another story!

Pacquiao has everything to trouble Floyd he has the Hand speed, footwork, he throws punches from awkward angles that you don't see coming, he has the stamina to match Floyd, he is a great combination puncher and is a master at the one punch that can break Mayweathers tight defence! The straight right/left hand!

Cotto showed what happens when you throw that straight right on Mayweather! He threw that punch after every combo Floyd kept expecting a hook but the punch straight down the middle kept landing! Depending if Pacquiao fights the right fight he could certainly beat Floyd! Had they fought when they should have years ago my money would have certainly been on Pacquiao!

Mayweather is of course the better boxer but Pacquiao is the better fighter I just don't see Floyd making Pacquiao miss like he done to Guerrero or Canelo I think Pacquiao is too quick and too accurate it would take Floyd at least 6 rounds to start being able to time Pacquiao, but pacquiao's straight left could cause Mayweather a lot of trouble.

No way will he do twice as better! Your forgetting Marquez has fought Pacquiao 4 times and knows Pacquiao inside out! The 4th fight Marquez was clearly on peds but that's another story!

Pacquiao has everything to trouble Floyd he has the Hand speed, footwork, he throws punches from awkward angles that you don't see coming, he has the stamina to match Floyd, he is a great combination puncher and is a master at the one punch that can break Mayweathers tight defence! The straight right/left hand!

Cotto showed what happens when you throw that straight right on Mayweather! He threw that punch after every combo Floyd kept expecting a hook but the punch straight down the middle kept landing! Depending if Pacquiao fights the right fight he could certainly beat Floyd! Had they fought when they should have years ago my money would have certainly been on Pacquiao!

Mayweather is of course the better boxer but Pacquiao is the better fighter I just don't see Floyd making Pacquiao miss like he done to Guerrero or Canelo I think Pacquiao is too quick and too accurate it would take Floyd at least 6 rounds to start being able to time Pacquiao, but pacquiao's straight left could cause Mayweather a lot if trouble.

I never meant to discredit Pac. He's a great fighter, regardless of his struggles he will go down as a great. And, while I agree he has the tools to trouble Mayweather, I just think Mayweather is too good of a tactician. Cotto did catch Mayweather, but you could tell that was by choice, Mayweather fought a different fight that night. He wanted a brawl that night and no way he gets sucked into a brawl against Pac. He'll make it into a technical boxing match and pick him apart imo just like Marquez. Except Mayweather is faster, stronger and just a better boxer in all aspects than Marquez even.

Useless discussion though, like you said, they had the chance to make the fight but alas. I blame Bob Arum and Mayweather. I feel drug testing and all that other bullshit was just an excuse when in fact the real reason is that Arum wants no part of Mayweather and vice versa. It's sad really. Pac will only fight within Top Rank, thanks to Arum.

I never meant to discredit Pac. He's a great fighter, regardless of his struggles he will go down as a great. And, while I agree he has the tools to trouble Mayweather, I just think Mayweather is too good of a tactician. Cotto did catch Mayweather, but you could tell that was by choice, Mayweather fought a different fight that night. He wanted a brawl that night and no way he gets sucked into a brawl against Pac. He'll make it into a technical boxing match and pick him apart imo just like Marquez. Except Mayweather is faster, stronger and just a better boxer in all aspects than Marquez even.

Useless discussion though, like you said, they had the chance to make the fight but alas. I blame Bob Arum and Mayweather. I feel drug testing and all that other bullshit was just an excuse when in fact the real reason is that Arum wants no part of Mayweather and vice versa. It's sad really. Pac will only fight within Top Rank, thanks to Arum.

I agree that Mayweather could outbox Pacquiao but i dont think it would be as easy as his last 2 fight i think Pacquiao will come close or beat Mayweather i dont think Mayweather could beat Pacquiao by a wide UD! Pacquiao just keeps coming and keeps throwing punches and i have no doubt that he can land on Mayweather! either way i see that being a close fight the only other people who could give Mayweather a decent fight are Garcia, Bradley and Khan (but if Golovkin comes down to 154 he would destroy Mayweather but i dont see Mayweather ever fighting him) but Pacquiao is the only one other than GGG who has a legit chance of winning!

and the last bit about Arum and Mayweather is true now, but i do think that after Pacquiao destroyed Cotto at that time Mayweather was scared of Pacquiao, now its just Arum/Mayweather and his team who is in the way of the fight happening! only solution would be if Pacquiao does the smart thing and joins Goldenboy!

I agree that Mayweather could outbox Pacquiao but i dont think it would be as easy as his last 2 fight i think Pacquiao will come close or beat Mayweather i dont think Mayweather could beat Pacquiao by a wide UD! Pacquiao just keeps coming and keeps throwing punches and i have no doubt that he can land on Mayweather! either way i see that being a close fight the only other people who could give Mayweather a decent fight are Garcia, Bradley and Khan (but if Golovkin comes down to 154 he would destroy Mayweather but i dont see Mayweather ever fighting him) but Pacquiao is the only one other than GGG who has a legit chance of winning!

and the last bit about Arum and Mayweather is true now, but i do think that after Pacquiao destroyed Cotto at that time Mayweather was scared of Pacquiao, now its just Arum/Mayweather and his team who is in the way of the fight happening! only solution would be if Pacquiao does the smart thing and joins Goldenboy!

Golovkin is an animal. It's too bad he didn't appear on the scene earlier he's already like 31. He's too big to be fighting Mayweather imo. Think Garcia is next. Khan although has no chance against Mayweather but I can see that fight happening too cause of the strong relationship between Goldenboy and Mayweather and that Mayweather said that he wants to fight in the UK. Love that Mayweather has to fight twice a year now.

• 3 weeks later...

Klitchko beat Povetkin by judges' unanimous decision, a deserved win.

Klitchko has no challenge because the rest of them are bums. However, Klitchko would not last 3 rounds with Tyson, Ali, Norton, Holmes, Foreman the list is endless.

Klitchko has no challenge because the rest of them are bums. However, Klitchko would not last 3 rounds with Tyson, Ali, Norton, Holmes, Foreman the list is endless.

Who knows? Unless there's an actual fight between them, there can only be speculations - nothing else. Though, there's a reason why the Klitchko brothers are dominating the sports for such a long time.

Who knows? Unless there's an actual fight between them, there can only be speculations - nothing else. Though, there's a reason why the Klitchko brothers are dominating the sports for such a long time.

Of course, it´s only speculations.

The reason, why these two Ukrainkas are dominating, there is no one to challenge them. The heavyweight is full of mediocre fighters.

Of course, it´s only speculations.

The reason, why these two Ukrainkas are dominating, there is no one to challenge them. The heavyweight is full of mediocre fighters.

I'm far from being an expert in boxing, but there's this youngster called Daentoy Wilder, still raw but has the potential. Though, you're right - at this moment there is no real competition.

People can argue all they want about this, you can only fight who is in front of you,

I think the klitschko's are brilliant, love watching them :)

• 3 weeks later...