The Boxing Thread

Ollie

yeah Walters was just too big and strong for Donaire

and GGG is simply a freak of nature! what a fighter!

I never thought Donaire should go above 122. Even at that weight he was looking flabby. That Rigo fight was the biggest mistske he could make, should have fought Mares. Walters was gracious in victory, urging Donaire to not retire. It was nice.

Canelo is a good boy lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow i didn't see Kovalev OUTBOXING Hopkins, i know he's 49 but this shows that Sergey is not just this power puncher like Pavlik, he has more to his game. I was also impressed at how he paced himself throughout the fight, Kovalev is the real deal.

Sad for Hopkins, it would have been a great story if he were to won. I hope he retires now, he has nothing else to prove, he's definitely a legend.

Lets hope Adonis Stevenson stops ducking Kovalev...

Wow i didn't see Kovalev OUTBOXING Hopkins, i know he's 49 but this shows that Sergey is not just this power puncher like Pavlik, he has more to his game. I was also impressed at how he paced himself throughout the fight, Kovalev is the real deal.

Sad for Hopkins, it would have been a great story if he were to won. I hope he retires now, he has nothing else to prove, he's definitely a legend.

seriously???? incredible

Stevenson will duck Kovalev like the plague. I was so impressed with Krusher, he was patient, used feints, won the battle of the jab, mixed up his punches, set up his shots, everything. Great fight from him.

• 2 weeks later...

What a performance from Pacquiao last night he looked back to his best! No doubt in my mind this version of Pacquiao beats Mayweather! lets see if Floyd is finally man enough to take the fight, i doubt it.

also Pacquiao has to be fighter of the year for me.

What a performance from Pacquiao last night he looked back to his best! No doubt in my mind this version of Pacquiao beats Mayweather! lets see if Floyd is finally man enough to take the fight, i doubt it.

also Pacquiao has to be fighter of the year for me.

Terrance Crawford is FOTY, for me.

Bellew vs Cleverly was a complete damp squib :/

What'd you expect? How was Fury-Chisora?

Terrance Crawford is FOTY, for me.

Nah, Pacquiao's win over Bradley is better then all of Crawfords. Burns is not top level and clearly lost to Beltran before Craford beat him, Gamboa was just too small and Beltran is clearly not an elite fighter, all decent wins but not FOTY worthy imo.

Pacquiao didn't just beat but completley dominated 2 world champions in their primes, and one being one to the top 5 P4P fighters in the world in Tim Bradley.

My top 3 would be

1. Pacquiao

2. Kovalev

3. Crawford

Nah, Pacquiao's win over Bradley is better then all of Crawfords. Burns is not top level and clearly lost to Beltran before Craford beat him, Gamboa was just too small and Beltran is clearly not an elite fighter, all decent wins but not FOTY worthy imo.

Pacquiao didn't just beat but completley dominated 2 world champions in their primes, and one being one to the top 5 P4P fighters in the world in Tim Bradley.

My top 3 would be

1. Pacquiao

2. Kovalev

3. Crawford

Meh, disagree about Crawford. He's one of the most skilled fighter around and so well rounded. You can say what you want about his wins, but he cleared out 135. A win for Pacquiao over Bradley doesn't do it for me. Algeri win means almost nothing. Kovalev is a good shout and could win it, maybe Nicholas Walters? KO wins over Darchiniyan and Donaire?

Meh, disagree about Crawford. He's one of the most skilled fighter around and so well rounded. You can say what you want about his wins, but he cleared out 135. A win for Pacquiao over Bradley doesn't do it for me. Algeri win means almost nothing. Kovalev is a good shout and could win it, maybe Nicholas Walters? KO wins over Darchiniyan and Donaire?

yeah but the 135 division isnt very strong and Bradley is better then any WW not named Pacquiao or Mayweather.

Im not sure about Walters, he is a big featherweight and Donaire and Darchiniyan are both really 122 pounders.

• 2 weeks later...

Thurman impressed? Didn't like his defensive style vs an average fighter. Chino kills him. Khan will give Floyd fits

Yh lol your right. Just saw it through I guess, surprised he didn't get the ko. (5 something am here when I wrote that) only saw last 2 rounds though. I mainly woke up for the khan fight.

Completely outclassed Alexander. 2015 should be a big year for him!

Yh lol your right. Just saw it through I guess, surprised he didn't get the ko. (5 something am here when I wrote that) only saw last 2 rounds though. I mainly woke up for the khan fight.

Completely outclassed Alexander. 2015 should be a big year for him!

Maidana will spark Thurman.

Khan could beat Floyd, with the right game plan. Good to see him do well and improve, been a fan since I saw him in the Olympics.

• 2 months later...